Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 8th October 2019, 12:58   #331
BHPian

Re: Let's know the law (Motor Vehicles Act)

Quote:
Where do we check this?

For bangalore traffic offense I use karnataka mobile one app
Old 9th October 2019, 13:00   #332
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lejhoom View Post
Supreme Court says person committing offence under Motor Vehicles Act can also be booked under IPC. This can be a huge setback for offenders.
This was already tried and found successful by the Bangalore Traffic Police. Certain offences like parking violation have very nominal fines as per MV Act. So people used to just pay the fine and walk away. The police then started using a section as per IPC which is about obstructing public roads. Fines were not really high, but this was an offence which required a magistrate's trial.

The police had more paper work (FIR lodged, a charge sheet prepared and then send it to magistrate courts). The offender will get a court summons and will have to appear for trial (or arrange a lawyer). The "mandatory court appearance" really got the offendors worried. All the suits & boots and CxO titles have no impact in the magistrate's court and even the mighty have to stay put in the court waiting for the court clerk to call the case number.
Old 9th October 2019, 15:13   #333
BHPian

Recently came across this news article.

Put on your best behaviour for Bengaluru traffic police

Quote:
In fact not only for offences, the traffic police is also booking cases for vehicles with ‘bald’ tyres. A traffic police said, “Under the IMV Act, it has been defined that tyres should be changed after running for 30,000 km or
else they are prone to accidents as the grip loosens. So fine is imposed on those with bald tyres as these could cause accidents.” The fine amount for bald tyres is Rs 100.

Is this law about Tyre mileage true? Modern tyres can easily clock 50-60K+ Kms specially for SUV.
Old 27th March 2020, 19:28   #334
BHPian

Today I checked Delhi traffic police website for and there were 8 challan for improper parking for my car. Before anyone blames me I have to clarify that in our hospital we have to give car keys to parking attendant due to limited parking slots. So because of this fellow I am in soup. Being a court challan and with lockdown I am really worried about it.
Old 27th March 2020, 20:14   #335
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozeninTime View Post
Being a court challan and with lockdown I am really worried about it.
There is a way out if you can reach the nearest post office. Delhi High Court's own Rules regarding the same is available on the internet. What you have to do will be to send a money order to the Court Registrar of the magistrate's court in which you have to make an appearance. In the MO form there is a provision to write down a short message. Use that space to clearly state that "I Shri abc, accused on case #/challan # nnnn, here by plead guilty and also pay the penalty of Rs.nnnn through this money order.". Make sure to collect the Money order receipt and keep it safe for some time.
sachinpk is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2020, 10:11   #336
BHPian

There has been small revisions to the Central Motor Vehicles Act, effective 1st October, 2020. Here is a link to a related article - http://overdrive.in/news-cars-auto/w...-mean-for-you/

Mainly 2 things:
1. Using phones for navigation while driving is officially allowed
2. No need to carry vehicle documents physically. Even in case of offence physical documents not needed. Traffic police will be able to check all documents and verify using their own device online. Identity and timestamp of each check will also be recorded in the system!
Naman_Ferrari is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th September 2020, 10:51   #337
BHPian

Hello everyone. I had applied for address change in RC on the Vaahan website and paid for it in Feb 2020. But still, I have not received the copy.

There is no update on the website either and the status is still the same Not Printed.

I had sent them emails and got no resolution. They said in the last email that I need to visit RTO. Now I live in another city and its not possible to visit the earlier RTO in another city. Now they are not responding to emails also.

I had explained this to them and also said what's the point of applying online if we have to travel so far physically to just change the address. Sent email to Nitin Gadkari's office also.

Is there anything else that I can do?
Old 4th October 2020, 12:04   #338
Senior - BHPian

The Central Motor Vehicle Rules (CMVR) has been amended and is now going to be enforced.
The Gazette Notification of the Amendment from the MORTH web site.

Link to my post on the thread related to use of mobile devices when driving (Mobiles phones now allowed only for Navigation while driving).
Old 4th October 2020, 19:48   #339
BHPian

Check if the state has a public grievances cell/commission. If they do, then file a complaint with the PGC, should expedite the work.

Or else if the state has online RTI, file application seeking status of your address change application, should ideally be sorted before RTI reply is required to be submitted by PIO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalanrishikesh View Post
Hello everyone. I had applied for address change in RC on the Vaahan website and paid for it in Feb 2020. But still, I have not received the copy.

There is no update on the website either and the status is still the same Not Printed.

I had sent them emails and got no resolution. They said in the last email that I need to visit RTO. Now I live in another city and its not possible to visit the earlier RTO in another city. Now they are not responding to emails also.

I had explained this to them and also said what's the point of applying online if we have to travel so far physically to just change the address. Sent email to Nitin Gadkari's office also.

setuniket is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2020, 20:55   #340
BHPian

Quote:

Did your application go through "Äpproved" status before reaching this "Not Printed" status? If yes then all you can do is wait or at best raise a grievance.

Otherwise you will have to visit and submit a print of the fees receipt and another online generated form at some window. Someone else can do this on your behalf, if you can't go. From what my experience says, you always have to submit a physical copy of the docs after online submission.

Note: I am assuming you are still referring to an MH RTO. While the process is likely to remain same for most, I have experience of address change and other matters at MH RTOs only
sunilch is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2020, 10:05   #341
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilch View Post
Did your application go through "Äpproved" status before reaching this "Not Printed" status? If yes then all you can do is wait or at best raise a grievance.

Otherwise you will have to visit and submit a print of the fees receipt and another online generated form at some window. Someone else can do this on your behalf, if you can't go. From what my experience says, you always have to submit a physical copy of the docs after online submission.

Note: I am assuming you are still referring to an MH RTO. While the process is likely to remain same for most, I have experience of address change and other matters at MH RTOs only
I got the update, Online transaction success for payment and for application it says transaction success but not inwarded. I dont know what they mean by that.

When I emailed the website, they said verification is complete but i need to contact the RTO. I explained that I cannot visit as I am in another city and there is a lockdown and its not safe either. But got no reply afterwards.

Yes I am talking about Maharashtra RTO in Kalyan. Do you know if I still need to submit physical copy if they say verification complete and transaction complete but not inwarded?
Old 5th October 2020, 10:26   #342
BHPian

Quote:
I got the update, Online transaction success for payment and for application it says transaction success but not inwarded. I dont know what they mean by that.

When I emailed the website, they said verification is complete but i need to contact the RTO. I explained that I cannot visit as I am in another city and there is a lockdown and its not safe either. But got no reply afterwards.

Yes I am talking about Maharashtra RTO in Kalyan. Do you know if I still need to submit physical copy if they say verification complete and transaction complete but not inwarded?
Yes I had done same. I changed my address on my licence issues from MH05 RTO

But I had to physically submit the documents there once as it was stated online as well and I had done same earlier as well when I had some other work on my license. I am no more in MH05 jurisdiction (just like you). But the RTO is fully functional and there is no lock-down to be honest, from practical point of view.

You can email the docs to someone in Kalyan and they can submit the same on your behalf. That will work, if there is no other issue in the application.
Old 5th October 2020, 10:47   #343
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by setuniket View Post
Check if the state has a public grievances cell/commission. If they do, then file a complaint with the PGC, should expedite the work.

Or else if the state has online RTI, file application seeking status of your address change application, should ideally be sorted before RTI reply is required to be submitted by PIO.
Thanks. I had filed a complaint on their website also but they just said pls visit the RTO.

Will check these other options too.
Old 5th October 2020, 16:31   #344
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilch View Post
Yes I had done same. I changed my address on my licence issues from MH05 RTO

But I had to physically submit the documents there once as it was stated online as well and I had done same earlier as well when I had some other work on my license. I am no more in MH05 jurisdiction (just like you). But the RTO is fully functional and there is no lock-down to be honest, from practical point of view.

You can email the docs to someone in Kalyan and they can submit the same on your behalf. That will work, if there is no other issue in the application.
I will try your suggestion as well. Got an email today from Vahan customer care after my complaint that they need documents and payment receipt.

They have not mentioned what documents are needed. Can you please let me know?

Also, do I need to update my driving license address also?
Old 5th October 2020, 17:44   #345
BHPian

Quote:
I will try your suggestion as well. Got an email today from Vahan customer care after my complaint that they need documents and payment receipt.

They have not mentioned what documents are needed. Can you please let me know?
Payment receipt, address proof and the filled ack/form for your address change will be needed. Send your id proof as well just in case they may ask.

Quote:
Also, do I need to update my driving license address also?

Not needed. But you can have that too updated via the same process.

Most Viewed