Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 25th May 2010, 16:00   #76
superveloce

Quote:
Originally Posted by directinjection View Post
Vista measures about 3.8 meters already and so it's impossible to make a sub-4-meter sedan out of it unless you reduce the wheelbase and make substantial other changes. At 2470 MM, Vista's wheelbase already exceeds that of Indigo CS (2450 MM).
Quote:
Originally Posted by superveloce View Post
there is no vista/manza based sedan on its way as of now.
I will repeat what i said, there is no Vista/Manza based CS(compact sedan) on its way. In fact there is no development being initiated also.

Old 25th May 2010, 16:10   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I will repeat what i said, there is no Vista/Manza based CS(compact sedan) on its way.
Why do you have to repeat? I haven't taken the contrary view, have I?

Quote:
In fact there is no development being initiated also.
So why don't you tell us about the developments that have in fact been initiated? What's the status of the Vista Estate? What's the status of the X4? When will Y2 be launched?
Old 25th May 2010, 16:14   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by directinjection View Post
So why don't you tell us about the developments that have in fact been initiated? What's the status of the Vista Estate? What's the status of the X4? When will Y2 be launched?
X4= Dolphin right ? But its not going to be based on the new Uno/Palio ?
Whats Y2 ?
Old 25th May 2010, 19:04   #79
BHPian

Quote:
I will repeat what i said, there is no Vista/Manza based CS(compact sedan) on its way. In fact there is no development being initiated also.
I agree with you. But tata might come up with a sedan or an SUV based on Nano platform.
Old 25th May 2010, 19:10   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbender View Post
I agree with you. But tata might come up with a sedan or an SUV based on Nano platform.

A Sedan or an SUV on nano Platform that sounds pretty interesting but what is the authenticity of news probably am hearing for the first time ?
Old 25th May 2010, 19:36   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by driving_smartly View Post
A Sedan or an SUV on nano Platform that sounds pretty interesting but what is the authenticity of news probably am hearing for the first time ?
Tata officials have repeatedly said nano is a platform not a single vehicle.
Old 26th May 2010, 11:45   #82
superveloce

@directinjection: my comment was not directed to you, it was general. (i should have mentioned that, my bad)
Well i am not at liberty to divulge that kind of information. Would you reveal your employer's R&D information?

@everyone: Yes the nano is a platform indeed. And as far as the dolphin goes, the design hasn't been frozen yet.
Lastly i am writing about the MANZA CS just to make sure that there is no misconception in the minds of the readers that such a vehicle is being developed.

Old 26th May 2010, 12:24   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Well i am not at liberty to divulge that kind of information. Would you reveal your employer's R&D information?
Fair enough, but seeing that you didnt deny the existence of a Vista estate, and did not say that X4 <> Dolphin. Can we then assume that such things do exist ?

@directinjection : Is Y2 a progression on X2 ?
Old 26th May 2010, 14:46   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Appreciate your loyalty to your employer but your confidentiality obligation does not cover information that's already in the public domain. You commit no wrong if you discuss that. Also, nobody expects you to reveal here your employer's trade secrets, industrial designs, R&D info that your employer plans to patent or otherwise protect. The discussions here are very generic. Since Indica was developed into a sedan and SW, it's only logical for people to expect similar derivatives out of the Vista. Ratan Tata had himself discussed the new Indica (Vista) and its variants in press interviews as early as 2004!

Quote:
@everyone: Yes the nano is a platform indeed. And as far as the dolphin goes, the design hasn't been frozen yet.
Lastly i am writing about the MANZA CS just to make sure that there is no misconception in the minds of the readers that such a vehicle is being developed.
See what I meant? You've committed no wrong by making this statement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by indivic View Post
X4= Dolphin right ? ?
Right.

Quote:
But its not going to be based on the new Uno/Palio ?
No.

Quote:
Whats Y2 ?
New CV platform.

X series: cars/SUVs
Y series: CVs
Old 26th May 2010, 22:56   #85
Senior - BHPian

so is a vista marina going to be launched soon?
Old 2nd June 2010, 11:14   #86
BHPian

@superveloce: You can divulge information about products already launched, right? Can you tell us what, if any, improvements have been made on the CR4 diesel in the e-CS, vs the old 1.4 DICOR? Is it merely a re-badging of the DICOR, or have there been serious improvements? Can buyers expect better reliability this time around? Freedom from the dreaded 'Check Engine' Light? No more oil consumption issues?

It's a pity that no magazine seems to be interested in conducting a serious review of the only sedan in that price range. Methinks Indian mags could use a bit less of Lambos and Porsches, and a lot more Indian cars and issues.

Last edited by vivekgk : 2nd June 2010 at 11:18.
Old 2nd June 2010, 12:17   #87
superveloce

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekgk View Post
@superveloce: You can divulge information about products already launched, right? Can you tell us what, if any, improvements have been made on the CR4 diesel in the e-CS, vs the old 1.4 DICOR? Is it merely a re-badging of the DICOR, or have there been serious improvements? Can buyers expect better reliability this time around? Freedom from the dreaded 'Check Engine' Light? No more oil consumption issues?

It's a pity that no magazine seems to be interested in conducting a serious review of the only sedan in that price range. Methinks Indian mags could use a bit less of Lambos and Porsches, and a lot more Indian cars and issues.
Hey vivek

Your right exactly about the auto mags. And to answer your question yes, there have been improvements made in the CR4 diesel, essentially it is the same engine which has been made BS4 complaint but also the major changes have been that the gaskets have been redesigned, especially attention has been paid to the head gasket, because there have been complaints of leakage from there.

P.S. We have been running an e-cs of our own and already been 7-8k kms but no problems yet. Fingers crossed.

Old 2nd June 2010, 19:13   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Hey vivek

Your right exactly about the auto mags. And to answer your question yes, there have been improvements made in the CR4 diesel, essentially it is the same engine which has been made BS4 complaint but also the major changes have been that the gaskets have been redesigned, especially attention has been paid to the head gasket, because there have been complaints of leakage from there.

P.S. We have been running an e-cs of our own and already been 7-8k kms but no problems yet. Fingers crossed.
I sincerely hope that the engine is better this time around. If I hadn't already stretched my budget to the max to get the Indigo CS LX TDi, I'd seriously consider the eCS. The engine sounds and feels great, and the eLX is real VFM considering the levels of OE equipment.

What is Tata doing to improve the service at its ASCs? Most of the ASCs, especially down south, have no idea about fault diagnosis or maintenance of common rail engines, even the multijet/quadrajet. This results in expensive maintenance owing to premature replacement of parts. Is Tata going to take any action on this matter?

What about the petrol engine? Has it been improved, beyond the mandatory remap for BS4 compliance?

To tell you the truth, it's a bit alarming to hear that you're keeping your fingers crossed for no failures on a car only 8k kms old. Please clarify?
Old 22nd June 2010, 15:26   #89
BHPian

It will be good if anybody come with the test drive report for Indigo eCS CR4 Common Rail. I am waiting for it.
Old 10th August 2010, 10:42   #90
Senior - BHPian

I havent done a TD, but went to see the Indigo ECS yesterday, and here are few of my observations:

1. The Interiors design and dashboard color is very nice unlikely with the other Tata Cars
2. Exterior look is also cool
3. Car is good in handling
4. Leg and head room space is good, as i am tall guy, this came up as a boon to me.

Most Viewed