Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th April 2010, 15:23   #16
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Yep Dicor in CS is inferior to MJD in Vista, but this is their inhouse effort vs the expensive oursourced solution from Fiat, so helps keep the CS costs down.
Old 19th April 2010, 15:28   #17
BHPian

Making Most of the available resources!

I like TATA stretegy. They have launched Indigo Manza on one end - to cater to higher segment customers - and now on another end they are making CS more competitive to cater to the customers who have restricted budget. If you couple these offerings with their Vista/Indica offering - a whole gamut of choices in diesel cars get furnished to the prospective customer. Not to forget the engine choices of TDI/DiCOR/QuadraJet. Also, they seem to be reusing XL parts into the CS. That way; they should be able to keep cost in control.

Good move TATA!
Old 19th April 2010, 15:41   #18
BHPian

Tata never ceases to play mix match with parts from their old parts bin!A common man easily might get fooled with minor exterior details eventhough they were already there on the XL.
Old 19th April 2010, 15:41   #19
BHPian

Talking of catering to all segments::: why not plonk in the Quadrajet in the CS and give a wider choice to the customers.
Those who can will buy.
As it is the CS is hardly bought by the taxi segment and is more of a family sedan thus providing more options to the buyer.
Old 19th April 2010, 16:07   #20
BHPian

The Quadrajet will eat into the sales of the Vista. The front end takes over from the now defunct Indigo XL while the grade assist - what is that?
Old 19th April 2010, 16:23   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by schitre05 View Post
Talking of catering to all segments::: why not plonk in the Quadrajet in the CS and give a wider choice to the customers.
Those who can will buy.
As it is the CS is hardly bought by the taxi segment and is more of a family sedan thus providing more options to the buyer.
While its nice from customer's point of view, for the company it increases the headache of maintaining multiple inventories and designs. I am sure like most companies they would have done their survey well before launching this version.

If not many people are going to buy the version, the cost of design, logistics and promotion would far outweigh the sale proceeds. just my 2 cents!!
Old 19th April 2010, 16:38   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by keyurshah View Post
While its nice from customer's point of view, for the company it increases the headache of maintaining multiple inventories and designs. I am sure like most companies they would have done their survey well before launching this version.

If not many people are going to buy the version, the cost of design, logistics and promotion would far outweigh the sale proceeds. just my 2 cents!!
Exactly.If it ain't broke why fix it? The CS generates good numbers as it is.Merely blinging it up and plonking the old DiCOR would just be another shot in the arm.Why bother with the increased overhead costs of the Quadrajet? Won't be profitable and the CS will miss its point as a low cost compact sedan.
Old 19th April 2010, 17:59   #23
BANNED

I like the new looks of Indigo CS. There are small changes but yes, they are definitely noticeable. Good to see that new version eSLX model has Music System with bluetooth connectivity. Earlier version (SLX) did even have a fm radio.
Old 19th April 2010, 18:03   #24
BHPian

What is 'CR4'? IMPO TATA has placed n new crdi pump.
Old 19th April 2010, 18:33   #25
Senior - BHPian

It seems that Tata Indigo is back to Dicor on the CS model this time. This is good for Tata as they can now work on development & improvement of own Common Rail Diesel engine. This will enable them to reduce their dependence on outside party for supply of engines. Though Fiat engines are superior at the time, but Tata can always utilise the expertise out of the JV for gaining finer nuances of technology. Good that the technology from Indian manufacturer is being improved & engineering aspect hasn't been ignored.
Old 19th April 2010, 18:34   #26
BHPian

What does it mean by blue tooth available as accessory? USB is also there in the audio?
Old 19th April 2010, 19:33   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by superveloce View Post
Its not hill climb assist! thats just a fancy name, what it actually is, is a simple ecu program which helps a novice drive or rather assist in hill starts, if one is to slot the vehicle on 1st gear and leave the clutch abruptly, the vehicle will not stall but labour up the gradient at a low speed of say 2-5kmph. This wont happen though if tried on a level road.
Thanks for the info, i'm sure some of my family members would ask why this wasn't in my i20

The site is horrid to use & kept me waiting to load. A lot of things seem to be borrowed from the Indigo XL as already said. Interior looks better though.

Quote:
Bluetooth Connectivity
Old 19th April 2010, 21:47   #28
Senior - BHPian

The whole brochure is a joke, I mean, why call your dicor engine as an all new, all high performance etc etc and can someone explain me whats this dual tone sienna interior colour please?all new exteriors=who's the boss?
The petrol engine is the same xeta 1.2 motor which has been made BS4 compliant.

From the brochure it seems that the TDI CS will no longer be available in BS 4 cities.

automatic gradient climb assist-I mistook it for an hill holder function unless i came to know that it just cuts off the compressor for that extra power.

Come on manufacturers, its just a refreshed version why these companies take us for a ride by these "all new" monikers?

Last edited by sidindica : 19th April 2010 at 21:50.
Old 19th April 2010, 23:07   #29
BHPian

Are the gremlins of early Dicors now done away with?I still think offering the CS with multijet and probably real 'all new' interiors would make it a smash hit.
Old 19th April 2010, 23:53   #30
Senior - BHPian

well, I guess tata needs to find a few more suckers to buy the dicor engines to recoup their costs

At least now the Dicor has a purpose, ie to survive BSIV.

I wonder what fate awaits the Vista TDi

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks