Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th May 2010, 10:46   #61
BHPian

Saw the new eGLX model at Kulathunkal Motors in Trivandrum today. It was a silver color car. It does have more presence than the old models.

I asked the sales exec, and he confirmed that the new BS4 models would be the only ones equipped with the new grille, lights and interiors.

The difference between the LX TDi and the eLX is roughly 50K, putting the eLX on-road price at under 5.7 lacs. For that price, you get power windows all around, Bluetooth enabled music system, rear defogger, chrome trim on mirrors and cloth upholstery.

IMO, the eLS is better value, since it somes with power windows at front, and the rest of the stuff you can live without, like the music system. It will be around 5.4 lacs on-road. I calculated that from the ex-showroom price at the Tata Motors site + 6% tax + 15K insurance + 5.5K 30 months ext. warranty.

Didn't ask for the prices of the petrol version, as I wasn't interested. The CR4 diesel model isn't at the showrooms yet. The lone silver eGLX had only come in that day, and it was the only one they had. Pics attached show the new model alongside my M800 and a Getz. Sorry for the horrible quality - taken using my old Nokia. On the bright side - no need to hide the reg numbers!
Attached Thumbnails
The All New e-Series Indigo CS-image019.jpg  

The All New e-Series Indigo CS-image020.jpg  

Old 7th May 2010, 12:21   #62
Senior - BHPian

Hi vivekgk

So now you had an encounter with the car. Hope you liked the interiors as you liked the exterior (presence) of the car. Please let us have your opinion when you test drive the diesel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekgk View Post
Saw the new eGLX model at Kulathunkal Motors in Trivandrum today. It was a silver color car. It does have more presence than the old models.

I asked the sales exec, and he confirmed that the new BS4 models would be the only ones equipped with the new grille, lights and interiors.

The difference between the LX TDi and the eLX is roughly 50K, putting the eLX on-road price at under 5.7 lacs. For that price, you get power windows all around, Bluetooth enabled music system, rear defogger, chrome trim on mirrors and cloth upholstery.

IMO, the eLS is better value, since it somes with power windows at front, and the rest of the stuff you can live without, like the music system. It will be around 5.4 lacs on-road. I calculated that from the ex-showroom price at the Tata Motors site + 6% tax + 15K insurance + 5.5K 30 months ext. warranty.

Didn't ask for the prices of the petrol version, as I wasn't interested. The CR4 diesel model isn't at the showrooms yet. The lone silver eGLX had only come in that day, and it was the only one they had. Pics attached show the new model alongside my M800 and a Getz. Sorry for the horrible quality - taken using my old Nokia. On the bright side - no need to hide the reg numbers!
Old 19th May 2010, 23:28   #63
Senior - BHPian

ARAI certified mileage for CS CR4=23.03 kmpl

http://tatamotors.com/our_world/pres...63&action=Pull
Old 20th May 2010, 07:54   #64
Team-BHP Support

ARAI figures getting a bit too optimistic these days? Indigo e-CS claims 23 kmpl!

Tata Motors - Media Centre
Quote:
Tata Motors launches the all-new Tata Indigo e-CS, the most fuel efficient sedan in the country

Tata Motors today commercially launched its all new Tata Indigo e-CS, the most fuel-efficient sedan in the country, with a host of exciting features. Built on the existing Tata Indigo platform, the Tata Indigo e-CS succeeds the highly successful Tata Indigo CS, the most compact sedan in the world, which became a best seller in the first year of its launch in 2008, and opened up a completely new market for upwardly mobile young professionals.

The Indigo CS has dominated the entry mid-size segment in the country for almost 2 years with its proposition of being the most compact sedan in the market. It has been appreciated for its classy styling as much as the great value proposition that it offers at an unbeatable price to a sedan customer.

If the Indigo CS was the most compact sedan in the world, the Indigo e-CS has set a fresh benchmark by also becoming the most fuel efficient sedan in the country. Sporting an all new 1.4 litre CR4 Common Rail Diesel engine, the e-CS offers an ARAI approved mileage of 23.03 kmpl, which is the highest for any sedan currently available in the country. It is also available with the 1.2 litre MPFI petrol engine to provide customers with a wider choice. The refinement in both the engines results in a more enjoyable driving experience, along with the seating comfort that the Indigo CS is known for. Both these engines are compliant with BS4 emission norms currently applicable in 13 cities in India.

The Indigo e-CS also gets a fresh new look on the exteriors with a new satin finish front grill, new headlamps, and ORVM with blinkers. This coupled with body coloured bumpers and chrome inserts on the rub rails endows the e-CS with head turning looks.

The dual tone beige interiors of the fabric and the dashboard create a plush feel. With a view to appealing to the youth, the Indigo e-CS comes equipped with a Bluetooth enabled music system and electrical controls for ORVMs. This is in addition to the AC, power steering and power windows which were available in the earlier Indigo CS as well.

The car comes with a warranty of 18 months for an unlimited no. of kilometres, amongst the best in the industry, and will be available in a range of 4 colours through 239 dealerships across 412 towns and cities in the country. The car is priced at Rs 4.07 lakhs ex-showroom Delhi for the MPFI petrol base eGLS version going upto Rs 5.13 lakhs ex-showroom Delhi for the top-end eLX version of the CR4 diesel.
Old 21st May 2010, 08:14   #65
BHPian

Called up the Concorde Motors, they are yet to get the test drive vehicle for the new CR4 engine. As per the OTR at BLR is around 6.21L including the extended warranty. But they will offer the free insurance and few other discounts if bargain well.

Will update if I could manage a test drive

Thanks
Rajesh
Old 24th May 2010, 11:38   #66
Senior - BHPian

Indigo CS claims as most fuel efficient in India

Just read this article

Tata Indigo e-CS launched as the most fuel efficient sedan in India - News - Zigwheels

Looks like Tata want to en-cash the old Indigo more. I can still see lots of new Indigo CS on road. With this new claim i guess it will again do well. Really VFM car. Interiors also looks good. it looks good with rear spoiler, alloy wheels. I guess it is a competitor for all small cars than entry level sedans like Manza, Ikon & Dzire.
Old 24th May 2010, 11:46   #67
BHPian

It is a really a very practicle option in terms of VFM and space. You have to live with the perfomance and the efficiency of a Tata vehicle.

It is a sedan for the price of a hatch! not sure abou the efficiency claims though! seem like a ploy to clear the stocks to make way for the Vista based CS version!
Old 24th May 2010, 12:33   #68
BHPian

It is the enxt car to start the price war! It starts from just 4.07 lakhs and look at the diesel's price 5.1 is just going after all the hatchbacks in the country! 23km/l is an awesome economy figure for this car as well. Tata has another winner on its hands
Old 24th May 2010, 12:38   #69
Senior - BHPian

Saw the ad some days back!!

The CS looks good and the high efficiency claim will do good for the sales!!

They claim even an all new engine.
Old 24th May 2010, 12:43   #70
Team-BHP Support

There is another thread running on the e-CS Indigo-

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...indigo-cs.html
Old 24th May 2010, 14:42   #71
BHPian

Although I am not entirely sure but I think the front grill looks photoshopped ?!?

Plus, seems like they have used a steering wheel from their 407 range
It's huge!

Looking at the price, I am sure this is going to be a great success. Specially in the taxi market.
Old 24th May 2010, 16:30   #72
superveloce

there is no vista/manza based sedan on its way as of now.

Old 24th May 2010, 19:14   #73
BHPian

its the upcoming restyled version of the logan from mahindra which promted this move i think.
Old 24th May 2010, 19:59   #74
BHPian

New picture in their website www.indigocs.in

Kinda like it, I dont know why. I just used hate the regular CS and i also know that there is not much changed. But still I like this E series. Strange.
Attached Thumbnails
The All New e-Series Indigo CS-wallpaper1.jpg  

Last edited by Archish : 24th May 2010 at 20:01.
Old 25th May 2010, 14:14   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mafia View Post
seem like a ploy to clear the stocks to make way for the Vista based CS version!
Vista measures about 3.8 meters already and so it's impossible to make a sub-4-meter sedan out of it unless you reduce the wheelbase and make substantial other changes. At 2470 MM, Vista's wheelbase already exceeds that of Indigo CS (2450 MM).

Last edited by directinjection : 25th May 2010 at 14:15.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks