Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th August 2010, 15:41   #91
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekgk View Post

To tell you the truth, it's a bit alarming to hear that you're keeping your fingers crossed for no failures on a car only 8k kms old. Please clarify?
I think he is talking about his own personal car which is 8K old with no failures and keeping his fingers crossed as any sane owner would do ? What may be alarming about that ?
Old 14th September 2010, 16:23   #92
BHPian

Has anyone test driven this car?
Old 25th December 2010, 12:53   #93
BHPian

Re: The All New e-Series Indigo CS

One of the members in my society has purchased a red ECS - Petrol version, I must say i was very impressed with the cars exterior and interior looks,
This car can be a good option for people who would like to try a little mods like
1. Rear twin - fin spoiler
2. Underbody neons
3. Hood scoop
4. Projector Lamps
It should be great, it would to be too early to comment on the engine i beleive, but a couple of things it did not like is the rear tail lamp assembly (still similar to old one) and In Car entertainment - it looks very after market ..does not feel integrated with the decor
Old 12th May 2011, 13:38   #94
BHPian

I am planning to book Indigo CS eLX today. Concorde Motors is offering only mud flops and mats and 10k discount. But they are providing 18+30 months warranty.

But Prerana Motors is offering mud flops, mats, sunfilms, cover and remote locking with 10k discount. The catch is that I will have to purchase Insurance from them and warranty will be only 18+18 months. Even after repeated conversations they are not willing to provide 30 months extended warranty as advertised by TATA.

I am planning to book today evening as today is an auspicious day. So please advise which one should I go for?
Old 12th May 2011, 17:50   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadurRacer View Post
I am planning to book Indigo CS eLX today. Concorde Motors is offering only mud flops and mats and 10k discount. But they are providing 18+30 months warranty.

But Prerana Motors is offering mud flops, mats, sunfilms, cover and remote locking with 10k discount. The catch is that I will have to purchase Insurance from them and warranty will be only 18+18 months. Even after repeated conversations they are not willing to provide 30 months extended warranty as advertised by TATA.

I am planning to book today evening as today is an auspicious day. So please advise which one should I go for?
Hi kadurRacer, if I were you, i would go to Concord & place the order with them, only because of the additional 12 months extended warranty (18+30 vrs 18+18). It would definitely buy me peace of mind.

Further, if I get the insurance done from myself, I guess I will be saving money, which I would put in the accessories.
CARDEEP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2011, 17:58   #96
BHPian

I would have taken the extended warranty, and bought everything else on my own.

Quote:

cuboid is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2011, 09:15   #97
BHPian

cardeep & @cuboid: I have booked from Concorde and managed to convince SA to give me sunfilm and car cover as well.

One more question, people around me are advising me to buy insurance from the dealer for hassle free claims but I am getting a deal 4500 bucks cheaper outside(New India Assurance). I am confused, will it be so difficult to claim if I get the insurance from outside?

Also all the dealers in Bangalore are charging around Rs.5000 as handling charges for registration etc... none of the dealers were willing to give discount on this component. Is it a common practice?
Old 13th May 2011, 11:34   #98
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
cardeep & @cuboid: I have booked from Concorde and managed to convince SA to give me sunfilm and car cover as well.

One more question, people around me are advising me to buy insurance from the dealer for hassle free claims but I am getting a deal 4500 bucks cheaper outside(New India Assurance). I am confused, will it be so difficult to claim if I get the insurance from outside?

Also all the dealers in Bangalore are charging around Rs.5000 as handling charges for registration etc... none of the dealers were willing to give discount on this component. Is it a common practice?
Hi kadurRacer

Congratulations on the booking.

It is no problem if you go for cash less insurance from outside, but, only the benefit of monetary savings, & do not think that dealer should have problems with cooperating with the insurance co.

Moreover, issue of insurance claim will arise only in case of accident or major repairs. My only request is to hope for the best & ignore any negative feedback. Obviously, purchase of Motor Vehicle, House & children's are education are the biggest spending for any Indian household & when you commence any work with positive outlook the results will definitely be good.

My best wishes for your car ownership.
Old 13th May 2011, 11:53   #99
BHPian

Congrats, so what is the waiting period and also please share how was the booking experience..awaiting a detail initial ownership review with lots of pics once you get your car
Also which color did you finalize and the trim??
Old 16th May 2011, 10:13   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shridhar.s.i View Post
Congrats, so what is the waiting period and also please share how was the booking experience..awaiting a detail initial ownership review with lots of pics once you get your car
Also which color did you finalize and the trim??
Waiting period quoted is 3 weeks but SA has assured me by 25th. Waiting for the car to arrive and I shall write all the details then. Not decided with trim yet.
Old 20th May 2011, 11:31   #101
Senior - BHPian

Move over Indica/Indigo eCS... the new mileage champion may be here soon. Refer the below link for report on Mazda's new engine that promised 30 kmpl, that too a petrol one, which is a 1.3L 84 bhp motor:

Now, a 30kmpl gasoline engine for the real world!

With Mazda planning to enter into Indian auto scene, we can expect this engine doing duty on Indian model (s).
Old 6th September 2011, 15:12   #102
Senior - BHPian

Re: The All New e-Series Indigo CS-VX

Just found this article on www.bsmotoring.com website .

Tata motors has launched the new Indigo e-CS VX, which claims to have a fuel efficiency of 25kmpl for a diesel motor. The car now comes shod with new 14" alloys and better tyres to reduce rolling friction and increase FE. TML has reduced the weight of the car by 10kgs.
More details here.
LAUNCHED! Tata Indigo eCSThe All New e-Series Indigo CS-1315229792a3964.jpg

pic courtesy: bsmotoring.
Old 9th November 2011, 13:30   #103
BHPian

Re: The All New e-Series Indigo CS-VX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordmanchau View Post
Just found this article on www.bsmotoring.com website .

Tata motors has launched the new Indigo e-CS VX, which claims to have a fuel efficiency of 25kmpl for a diesel motor. The car now comes shod with new 14" alloys and better tyres to reduce rolling friction and increase FE. TML has reduced the weight of the car by 10kgs.
More details here.
LAUNCHED! Tata Indigo eCSAttachment 605191

pic courtesy: bsmotoring.
This might be old news by now, but the eCS VX comes with ABS and alloys. It's the new top-end variant positioned above the LX.
Old 9th November 2011, 15:08   #104
Senior - BHPian

Curiously, with the launch of eVX, Tata have reduced features in other variants. Now the eLX model does not have demister on rear windshield whereas eLS comes without the plastic cladding on doors as also the stone guard below the doors. External antenna has vanished too from all the models.
Old 29th June 2012, 14:55   #105
BHPian

Re: Tata Safari Storme : Test Drive and Review with pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamveevee View Post
I have a feeling, Tata already accepted defeat in the fight in Passenger Cars segment.
Happened to meet friend who is working for Tata Motors, got some inputs from him..

1) Indigo eCS with all new interiors. According to him interiors are really good. It is total revamp, no part is used from existing part bin.

2) All new exterior/interior for Indica/Vista. According to my friend it looks inspired from i20.

3) Manza CS (as we all know)
4) Nano Diesel testing still going on. (as we all know)
5) Indica XL (as we all know)

Last edited by sushantr5 : 29th June 2012 at 14:59.
sushantr5 is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks