Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th April 2010, 00:12   #1
BHPian

Mitsubishi Hatchback spotted in Bangalore..!!

Hi All,

I am not sure what is going on but I noticed a Mitsubishi hatchback in Bangalore. I spotted the same car near cunningham road - near the HM showroom too. I did a little research and found out that it was indeed the Mitsubishi Colt. I guess Mitsubishi guys didn't want to sit on the sideline and watch the whole "Small Car" race in India.
Attached Thumbnails
Mitsubishi Hatchback spotted in Bangalore..!!-colt.jpg  

Old 20th April 2010, 00:19   #2
Senior - BHPian

Well,if the Colt has been bought down for testing purposes by Mitsubishi,this is indeed refreshing news considering the rumors floating around of a HM-Mitsu fall out/HM packing up for good!

@cyqed Were the logos or badges on the Colt taped?
Old 20th April 2010, 00:20   #3
BHPian

Actually i don't think the colt has been released in India. I've been seeing this car in Bangalore since almost a year. Even today i spotted it in Ramaiah college parking. Its a badly maintained silver colour car with TN registration. And No, It does not have any taped badges of any camouflage.

Last edited by cadaver_prad : 20th April 2010 at 00:23.
Old 20th April 2010, 00:23   #4
BHPian

I am sorry, I didn't notice that. When I saw this car for the first time, it was on the opposite lane. I did see the Mitsu logo and the shape of the car suggests it was a Colt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadaver_prad View Post
Its a badly maintained silver colour car with TN registration.
This car was not silver colored - Again, I am not sure if this car was being tested or if it is from some rich dudes import collection.

Last edited by Dippy : 23rd April 2010 at 11:45. Reason: Back to back posts.
Old 20th April 2010, 08:56   #5
BHPian

It is unlikely that it is being tested in Bangalore. Colt is not a new offering from Mitsubishi. Its been sticking around for quite a while.
The 1st generation was out in early 1960's and the current form that we see was a 2002 release.

The 2009 model however sports the Evo X looks.

PS: There is another Mitsubishi Colt (White Colour) in Bangalore that can be seen doing rounds on weekends near lavelle road. Has been here for more than 2 yrs I guess.
Old 20th April 2010, 09:07   #6
BHPian

Maybe somebody bought it in UK and imported it here while shifting back to India.
Old 20th April 2010, 10:51   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

I have alseo seen this car around a year back near Mekhri Circle. Privately registered so probably a private import. Unlikely to be a test vehicle etc.
Old 20th April 2010, 20:33   #8
Senior - BHPian

Mitsu should have released Colt long back in India. Like Ford did for Figo.

I have seen good number of colts in japan. Nice VFM car if priced like Figo!
They would have surely got good amount of sales due to its famous "Lancer" image.

Any one here has driven COLT abroad? how it drives?
Old 20th April 2010, 21:02   #9
BHPian

I immediately thought of the Indica Vista upon seeing the Colt. Does anyone else think that the front headlights resemble the Vista's?
Old 21st April 2010, 00:08   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyqed View Post
This car was not silver colored - Again, I am not sure if this car was being tested or if it is from some rich dudes import collection.
I Dont think Mitsu is testing the colt here.
The TN reg silver Colt is being used by a student in my college, who has possibly imported it.
Old 9th August 2010, 13:04   #11
BHPian

Alrite people, here's another update on Mitsubishi's Plans for India, including a new compact car in the B+ Segment(Colt ?).

Here's the link - Mitsubishi bringing small car to India - *Autos - MSN India

What is ironical though is that the article quotes some bloke at Mitsubishi saying - "We can no longer afford to ignore the Indian market. We cannot have a foot-hold in India if we do not have a presence in the small car segment. So, this is not just going to be a logical extension for us but a very crucial one, too. We are exploring ways to tune the 'eco car' we are building in Thailand for India,"

According to a company source, the senior management at its headquarters in Japan are very keen on expanding operations in India. So, they have pushed for a compact premium hatchback here.

The sense of urgency by the bloke at Mitsubishi is apparent, but only just!
As the article's sub-headline reads - Mitsubishi Motors Corporation, Japan’s fourth-largest car maker, has finalised plans to bring the new compact car it is building in Thailand to Indian shores in the next three years.

Mods, kindly merge/edit this post as may be appropriate.
Old 9th August 2010, 13:52   #12
BHPian

Colt has been making rounds for quite a while in bangalore. Dont know whether it was imported or being tested. i have seen colt in 2 shades black n silver in total 3 cars. they were parked in brigade road in the parking lot next to levis stores. all were having bangalore reg plate. i couldnt take pics as i was in hurry. looking at condition of vehicle i'm sure they were testing it. i think this same vehicle you have spotted.
Old 9th August 2010, 14:02   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyqed View Post
Hi All,

I am not sure what is going on but I noticed a Mitsubishi hatchback in Bangalore. I spotted the same car near cunningham road - near the HM showroom too. I did a little research and found out that it was indeed the Mitsubishi Colt. I guess Mitsubishi guys didn't want to sit on the sideline and watch the whole "Small Car" race in India.
New Mistibushi Colt(pics from US website) may look like this.... Seems like a good product for india if the news is real.

Mitsubishi Hatchback spotted in Bangalore..!!-1big.jpg

Mitsubishi Hatchback spotted in Bangalore..!!-2big.jpg

Mitsubishi Hatchback spotted in Bangalore..!!-6big.jpg

Last edited by ashok_lat : 9th August 2010 at 14:04.
Old 9th August 2010, 15:00   #14
Senior - BHPian

Since there is no news of any impending launch of the COLT in the media, I wouldn't think its getting launched.

Might be a individual import. But my question is why would someone import a hatchback and that too a "Colt". Mini Cooper, MX-5, FIAT 500 yes but COLT?
Old 9th August 2010, 15:11   #15
BHPian

I had seen this car (Grey shade) few months back near Iskon temple couple of times.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks