Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

View Poll Results: Would do/would you do if your car fell prey?
Get new parts from an authorized source,everytime. 217 37.22%
Hit the grey market/chor bazaar, everytime. 65 11.15%
Use an authorized source the first time, got fed up the second time and gave in to an unoffical source. 173 29.67%
I dont care, just let the parts remain off. 128 21.96%
Voters: 583. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 16th April 2009, 14:13   #136
Senior - BHPian

Some one flicked off the front logo of the vRS.
Old 16th April 2009, 14:13   #137
Senior - BHPian

I have been coming across so many cars that have the badges stolen, I really feel for the owners.

But has anyone noticed that these badge-less cars are mostly in the premium segment (cars like Octavias, City's, et al), atleast here in Bombay. Have not come across any Maruti with missing badges, SX4 even.

I recently got my Esteem painted and bought the entire set of badges from Opera House for 100 Rs, maybe that explains why Maruti are not prone to this malaise.

Hope this madness stops, soon.
Old 16th April 2009, 14:20   #138
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
where had you parked the car sir? I guess its mostly operational/happening in town side. I haven't heard of anyone who's complained about this in suburbs. As soon as the car enters the town side, the logo goes away!

Ala Bermuda Triangle
Old 16th April 2009, 15:27   #139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren.mistry View Post
I have been coming across so many cars that have the badges stolen, I really feel for the owners.

But has anyone noticed that these badge-less cars are mostly in the premium segment (cars like Octavias, City's, et al), atleast here in Bombay. Have not come across any Maruti with missing badges, SX4 even.

I recently got my Esteem painted and bought the entire set of badges from Opera House for 100 Rs, maybe that explains why Maruti are not prone to this malaise.

Hope this madness stops, soon.
I somewhat agree. My Honda city and Zen have been spared . But having said that , I have seen a few Honda CItys with their logos off.

In fact I saw a VW Jetta with the front grill broken . An obvious attempt at theft . They did manage to get the front Marque ( Along with part of the front grill) and the back as well.
Old 17th April 2009, 00:52   #140
Senior - BHPian

HIREN.MISTRY:
Quote:
I see atleast one Maruti Wagon R / swift / alto without the badge. It's not just about the premium cars every other car whether premium or not is a victim.

NORMALY_CRAZY:
Quote:
It's sad to know. The best option I can think of for a Skoda is to get this Aluminium sticker badge available. I spoke to one of the skoda guy at the signal and asked him it's been how long he had it. And got to know that he has it since a month now. Looks like it's a safer bet to get one of these. Anyways I manage to get 3 of Skoda badge of 150 now. Don't know for how long they will servive. But after this am deffinately going this Sticker badge. Looks like OE from distance.
Old 17th April 2009, 08:11   #141
Senior - BHPian

this is a menace in bombay. Bangalore although it happens some times(rarely) its not such a pain as in bombay. was watching a small documentary on a new channel called news 9.
they showed shivaji nagar in bangalore. and specifically chor bazzar.
according to them ,they can turn a car into spare parts within 30 mins!!

Last edited by vinaydas : 17th April 2009 at 08:20.
Old 17th April 2009, 12:42   #142
Senior - BHPian

Seems to have reduced recently. But IMO almost all cars are affected, many logans and swifts with their logos missing.
Old 17th April 2009, 15:44   #143
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by His Highness View Post
I somewhat agree. My Honda city and Zen have been spared . But having said that , I have seen a few Honda CItys with their logos off.

In fact I saw a VW Jetta with the front grill broken . An obvious attempt at theft . They did manage to get the front Marque ( Along with part of the front grill) and the back as well.
Ouch! That sucks big time...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invinsible View Post
HIREN.MISTRY:
I see atleast one Maruti Wagon R / swift / alto without the badge. It's not just about the premium cars every other car whether premium or not is a victim.

NORMALY_CRAZY:
It's sad to know. The best option I can think of for a Skoda is to get this Aluminium sticker badge available. I spoke to one of the skoda guy at the signal and asked him it's been how long he had it. And got to know that he has it since a month now. Looks like it's a safer bet to get one of these. Anyways I manage to get 3 of Skoda badge of 150 now. Don't know for how long they will servive. But after this am deffinately going this Sticker badge. Looks like OE from distance.
Chalo atleast here there is differentiation, the rich and the joe public are equally affected.
Old 25th April 2009, 02:45   #144
Senior - BHPian

Another one bites the dust....and a BMW at that.
Attached Thumbnails
Car logo theft / monograms stolen in India-24042009083.jpg  

Old 25th April 2009, 11:54   #145
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Machine View Post
Another one bites the dust....and a BMW at that.
Mods, can you edit Xmachine's snap? The BMW nos is visible on the bonnet of his car.

Also, YAMAHA bikers beware, I am seeing way too many FZ's with the logo's missing From cars to bikes. Further, I am also noticing HCV/LCV's with their logos missing in malad area.
Old 25th April 2009, 12:18   #146
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
where had you parked the car sir?
I guess I lost it from my parking in my society
Quote:
Originally Posted by Invinsible View Post
The best option I can think of for a Skoda is to get this Aluminium sticker badge available. I spoke to one of the skoda guy at the signal and asked him it's been how long he had it. And got to know that he has it since a month now. Looks like it's a safer bet to get one of these. Anyways I manage to get 3 of Skoda badge of 150 now. Don't know for how long they will servive. But after this am deffinately going this Sticker badge. Looks like OE from distance.
Where can I get this Aluminium badge ?
Old 7th May 2009, 22:26   #147
BHPian

has anybody read today's mumbai mirror? the police nabbed two college going boys while stealing a merc's logo. both of them confessed to selling them in chor bazaar. they earned rs.400/- or something from high end car's logos.
members from mumbai please do read today's edition of mumbai mirror.
at last the cat's out of the bag.
Old 7th May 2009, 23:28   #148
BHPian

I am sure lot of tbhp Mumbai members must have read this. Just to keep a record.

College students nabbed stealing car logos.

"In the wee hours of Wednesday, cops nabbed two college students stealing a Mercedes logo from a car in Hiranandani Complex, Powai."

"When interrogated, the students - identified as Salman Khan and Harish Kumar Aiyya Donkulla - confessed that they sold the stolen logos for Rs 400 per piece to a buyer in Kurla."

"Toyota, Honda City and Mahindra Logan are some of the popular brands among the logo gang, they said."

Full story at:
College students nabbed stealing car logos, News - City - Mumbai Mirror,Mumbai Mirror
Old 8th May 2009, 01:34   #149
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
I guess I lost it from my parking in my society

Where can I get this Aluminium badge ?
Well, it's available in Vashi, Sector 17. Have seen quite a few cars there including superb and laura with this sticker badge. But I know someone there who manages to get me the badge for Rs.200, looks identical to the original badge no changes at all except for the emboss effect which comes on the emblem. It is all new with a double sided tape attached to it. A sticker would cost around 150. Do let me know incase your interested in the badge will arrange it for you.
Old 11th May 2009, 20:23   #150
BHPian

I just bought a Fiat logo from Opera House today to replace my stolen front logo. Rs 90.
Shopkeeper asked me to screw the logo on instead of the provided sticker! Sigh!

Most Viewed