Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Would do/would you do if your car fell prey?
Get new parts from an authorized source,everytime. 217 37.22%
Hit the grey market/chor bazaar, everytime. 65 11.15%
Use an authorized source the first time, got fed up the second time and gave in to an unoffical source. 173 29.67%
I dont care, just let the parts remain off. 128 21.96%
Voters: 583. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 26th November 2009, 10:27   #181
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Trust the after-market to come up with a solution to this menace (in turn caused by another part of the after-market).

Solution to stolen monograms = 5 rupee stickers. Spotted a Skoda, Corolla, Esteem etc. in the past couple of days wearing stickers in place! Example:

Attachment 197865
Excellent ! Any idea where these are available ?
Would make sense to buy and stock like a dozen of them
Old 21st December 2009, 15:36   #182
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Knight View Post
@rohan_fonseca +1

Almost 50% of Fiestas I see on the roads have their logos missing. I think it falls offor there is some thing mysterious. But it's not happening with Ikons or Fusions. Only with Fiesta. Any Fiesta owners here?
My father's Ford Fiesta's Front Logo was stolen and I checked with the dealer for a replacement. The price quoted was Rs 750/- for a new one. Now you know the reason why Ford Logos are stolen. BTW, if anyone knows where I can find some other alternative in Bangalore or Kochi, please let me know. Thanks in Advance.

Last edited by pramodpk : 21st December 2009 at 15:38.
Old 21st December 2009, 16:04   #183
BHPian

I feel now a days FIAT logos are in great demand. In my complex, two new Puntos were bought and this weekend I see all logos front and back....flicked. Sad state of affairs....the car looks so dull without the FIAT logo.
Old 25th January 2010, 17:03   #184
BHPian

Me too fell prey

Never thought it would happen to me too. My car (i20) was safe whenever parked in my building, my office or a mall. The day I parked in one of the main roads and went to a nearby shop, the back logo got flicked within two minutes!!
Went to the service station today and noticed a lineup of i20s with their back logos missing. Seems they dealer doesn't have it in stock and not getting his refill soon either :-(
Old 25th January 2010, 19:55   #185
Senior - BHPian

OT:

even in Bangalore, this logo theft seems to be a problem. I have seen good number of cars without logo in Bangalore as well.

High time manufacturers come up with some innvative ideas to stop the theft, something like adding locking mechanism for logo!

Any more ideas, kindly post them here!

Last edited by recshenoy : 25th January 2010 at 19:59. Reason: added OT
Old 25th January 2010, 21:36   #186
MAS
Senior - BHPian

In Chennai, one can notice many cars with Logos missing (Stolen). I had been to Pondicherry last month and when i had parked my car on the beach i saw few college students trying to pull the "Ford" logo . Luckily, i was just returning to the car and gave them a proper dressing-down. But i am sure it would not have affected them and would try their hand on another car just around the corner
Old 25th January 2010, 22:24   #187
Senior - BHPian

People who buy logos from grey markets/unauthorised/unofficial sources are actually encouraging this logo theft racket.
Old 26th January 2010, 10:19   #188
BHPian

I had my Mercedes rear boot star stolen last month when I was in visiting Mumbai. I ended up buying a replacement from the dealership in the end (Rs 740).
Old 26th January 2010, 12:28   #189
Senior - BHPian

I saw a Safari with a flicked front grill logo,the owner had put a BatMan emblem instead of the original ,looked cool.Even my car's logo was flicked inspite of it being old and little worn out and am looking for the Transformers emblem to take it place but am not sure where it will be available.
Old 26th January 2010, 12:51   #190
BHPian

I had my BMW rear logo stolen while my car was parked at a know shopping mall. I got a replacement for 2250 from an authorized source.
Old 26th January 2010, 13:16   #191
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodpk View Post
My father's Ford Fiesta's Front Logo was stolen and I checked with the dealer for a replacement. The price quoted was Rs 750/- for a new one. Now you know the reason why Ford Logos are stolen. BTW, if anyone knows where I can find some other alternative in Bangalore or Kochi, please let me know. Thanks in Advance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raja View Post
I had my Mercedes rear boot star stolen last month when I was in visiting Mumbai. I ended up buying a replacement from the dealership in the end (Rs 740).
Wow!! Since when did Ford's and Merc's spare prices become almost equal??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayabusa View Post
People who buy logos from grey markets/unauthorised/unofficial sources are actually encouraging this logo theft racket.
In a way yes, in a way no. Just read these posts quoted by me. 740/logo?? That's day light robbery. How many times would you shell out 750/ for a stupid logo? No, I am not encouraging gray market.
Old 26th January 2010, 23:09   #192
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinj12 View Post
In a way yes, in a way no. Just read these posts quoted by me. 740/logo?? That's day light robbery. How many times would you shell out 750/ for a stupid logo? No, I am not encouraging gray market.
Where do these stolen logos go? they are sold in the grey market right? So when you buy a stolen item you are encouraging the stealing. Period
Old 26th January 2010, 23:51   #193
BHPian

Quote:
Where do these stolen logos go? they are sold in the grey market right? So when you buy a stolen item you are encouraging the stealing. Period
You can also get "cheap duplicate logos" for 50 bucks. These are not made my Ford or Merc, but some local company or china?. Now this is not same as grey market since these are brand new in pack logos - just that someone had the business acumen to spot an opportunity of selling 750 Rs logos for 50 Rs and still make money Agreed, they might not have copyright on that logo, but we do buy many other aftermarket inexpensive components, so this might not be that unethical.

You never know, car manufacturers might be sourcing their logos from the same local company!
Old 27th January 2010, 18:57   #194
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Put yourself in this condition. Someone keeps flicking your logo despite all your efforts to prevent that moron from doing so. Say its the 10th or 15th time your logo has been flicked, would you still buy the 'original'? Manufacturers are not helping the cause either. People turn to gray market only because the original parts are very expensive, and when it comes to something like a logo which has pure cosmetic function, why would people pay so much? For 750 bucks, you can buy 15 of those duplicate stuff.
Old 27th January 2010, 21:32   #195
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunilM View Post
You can also get "cheap duplicate logos" for 50 bucks. These are not made my Ford or Merc, but some local company or china?. Now this is not same as grey market since these are brand new in pack logos - just that someone had the business acumen to spot an opportunity of selling 750 Rs logos for 50 Rs and still make money Agreed, they might not have copyright on that logo, but we do buy many other aftermarket inexpensive components, so this might not be that unethical.

You never know, car manufacturers might be sourcing their logos from the same local company!
It seems a good idea to use cheaper but not stolen logos in place of original ones.Thieves will only steal something which has value.It's high time car cos take notice of this trend and introduce cheaper logos as replacements.Don't think someone would want to flick a cheap 40-50 bucks logo.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks