Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Would do/would you do if your car fell prey?
Get new parts from an authorized source,everytime. 217 37.22%
Hit the grey market/chor bazaar, everytime. 65 11.15%
Use an authorized source the first time, got fed up the second time and gave in to an unoffical source. 173 29.67%
I dont care, just let the parts remain off. 128 21.96%
Voters: 583. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 2nd February 2010, 09:23   #211
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
GTO it isn't easy to debadge some cars. Have a look the VW Jetta.

The logo on the boot is sunk into the body. There is a depression in the boot exactly meant for the logo. Once you debadge it, there will be a hole there.
I agree completely. Each logo has some sort of mechanism to firmly anchor it. And mostly holes.
IMHO the "debadging" would not be nice as you buy that car for its brand and what it stands for. Anyway perhaps customs might not have a logo as they are handmade / custom-made. Even so the person/ company that does that tries to put a logo of itself on its piece of art somewhere. Just like DC logos are found on vehicles customised by them.
Now what would look ugly would be a Maruti sporting an Audi / Merc logo. Now thats shocking.

I wish I had my camera but a couple of days back I saw a rickshaw rear sporting Plymouth and Cadillac logo together. Yuck...!!!!!
Old 2nd February 2010, 09:27   #212
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
GTO it isn't easy to debadge some cars. Have a look the VW Jetta.

The logo on the boot is sunk into the body. There is a depression in the boot exactly meant for the logo. Once you debadge it, there will be a hole there.
Take out the logo and let only the outer ring stay (cut the inside) and cover the inside with a same or black decal or the whole depression with a black decal. Be wicked.
Old 5th February 2010, 12:26   #213
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Been lucky so far, thanks to having monitored parking spots at work & down my house. Not a single logo stolen.

However, I can't help but suggest debadged rides. Many enthusiasts the world over intentionally debadge their modified cars for that "clean" look. Time for us to move on too? Yuvraj (BHPian Mad Monkey) has done a pretty neat job with debadging his Skoda RS. Believe me, it looks wicked.
I sort of agree with GTO here. Infact my dark grey i20's rear looks nicerto me now without the logo :-) (an impression not shared by others in the family). But this holds true only for the rear logo.

The front logo is a different story. It looks better being there.

-Manish
Old 5th February 2010, 15:57   #214
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Been lucky so far, thanks to having monitored parking spots at work & down my house. Not a single logo stolen.

However, I can't help but suggest debadged rides. Many enthusiasts the world over intentionally debadge their modified cars for that "clean" look. Time for us to move on too? Yuvraj (BHPian Mad Monkey) has done a pretty neat job with debadging his Skoda RS. Believe me, it looks wicked.
Debadging is fine provide it's done neatly and leveled to a point where it doesn't look incomplete. However resorting to radium stickers and it's likes is devaluing the car.
Old 5th February 2010, 19:05   #215
BHPian

I will literally if i manage to get those people. these people do it for the grey market people, sell the logo/badge in grey. One thing can't digest is how they get a heart to do this stupid thing...
Old 5th February 2010, 20:06   #216
ada
BHPian

Is this logo on VW original or a silver taped effect of logo theft?
Attached Thumbnails
Car logo theft / monograms stolen in India-vw.jpg  

Last edited by ada : 5th February 2010 at 20:12.
Old 5th February 2010, 23:11   #217
Senior - BHPian

I have lost my car monograms in chennai. some bugger has stolen both the LINEA badge and the 'EMOTION" badge from my car!!. I am terribly upset!!
Old 5th February 2010, 23:44   #218
BHPian

VW Rear Logo Acts as a dicky Lock also , is that there in INDIAN VW models also , can some one shed some light on this
Old 6th February 2010, 16:17   #219
GTO
Team-BHP Support

^^ Sure does. Atleast in the Indian VW Polo.
Old 13th February 2010, 00:25   #220
Ali
BHPian

I have been the newest victim of the theft, Rear logo from my Santro stolen. They tried to rip off the front logo too, it held it place. Someone used a screw driver or a sharp object to take if off.
Old 13th February 2010, 03:05   #221
BHPian

Apart from logos, I used to hear stories of ORVM being stolen earlier of those cars which have electric assemblies. Cars like Skoda and others were popular then. But don't know if it is still in practice there. I heard they used to cost a bomb of around 12k or so.

Last edited by sameer551 : 13th February 2010 at 03:07.
Old 15th February 2010, 16:56   #222
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishw View Post
I sort of agree with GTO here. Infact my dark grey i20's rear looks nicerto me now without the logo :-) (an impression not shared by others in the family). But this holds true only for the rear logo.

The front logo is a different story. It looks better being there.

-Manish
Got the logo fitted from a Hyundai workshop at Nashik. It costs Rs. 450.
I do have to say that now the car looks complete with the logo.

The workshop guy used a two-way tape to glue the logo on the boot handle. According to him, that is a stronger fix than the original lock system. Now, it will not only be difficult to remove, but if tried too hard, the logo would rather break than come out in one piece.
If all auto manufaturers use this seemingly simple and cheap technology, it may put a stop to the logo stealing spree that is currently ON.

-Manish
Old 22nd February 2010, 12:27   #223
BHPian

I had got my Fiat Linea Emotion + in October 2009. I had been careful never to park the car at any place where there'll be a risk of the logos getting stolen. However today morning I got the bad news from the building watchman that both the front and back Fiat logos are missing. This happened in my building compound itself. The security in the building is not so great with just one guard on duty. Although I am going to get them again, my concern is of the theft happening again. I wanted to know through this forum if there's any security system which can be connected to the car cover. If anyone tries to take off the cover (to steal the logos) it will pull some string to ring an alarm. This may sound funny and not practical but I guess I am in a very disturbed mood today and my mind is thinking of different ways that we car owners can possibly do to stop this menance I beleive which has spread throughout the country.
Old 22nd February 2010, 12:48   #224
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajBajwa View Post
I had got my Fiat Linea Emotion + in October 2009. I had been careful never to park the car at any place where there'll be a risk of the logos getting stolen. However today morning I got the bad news from the building watchman that both the front and back Fiat logos are missing. This happened in my building compound itself. The security in the building is not so great with just one guard on duty. Although I am going to get them again, my concern is of the theft happening again. I wanted to know through this forum if there's any security system which can be connected to the car cover. If anyone tries to take off the cover (to steal the logos) it will pull some string to ring an alarm. This may sound funny and not practical but I guess I am in a very disturbed mood today and my mind is thinking of different ways that we car owners can possibly do to stop this menance I beleive which has spread throughout the country.
Thats really bad news. I am not sure about alarm for car covers. But I heard and often observed that there used to be certain models of AutoCop which would go off even if some guy puts his hand or even samll push to car while putting hand over it. There are certain sensitive kind of alarms. But there is disadvantage to it that they may go off even while some kid playing puts hand or in some public place with some one touching it. Even a cracker noise can put it on. I dont have great knowledge about these but I am sure such kind of alarm exist which are more sensitive than usual ones.
Old 22nd February 2010, 15:42   #225
BHPian

I think we should stop replacing the logos. This way there would be no incentive to steal the logos.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks