Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

View Poll Results: Would do/would you do if your car fell prey?
Get new parts from an authorized source,everytime. 217 37.22%
Hit the grey market/chor bazaar, everytime. 65 11.15%
Use an authorized source the first time, got fed up the second time and gave in to an unoffical source. 173 29.67%
I dont care, just let the parts remain off. 128 21.96%
Voters: 583. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 30th December 2010, 18:43   #346
BHPian

re: Car logo theft / monograms stolen in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by CANPUSH View Post
At this rate people will start recognising the car easily. Car without logo = Volkswagon Polo.

If VW pride is getting hurt they should replace logos of all Polos FOC with new design that can not be removed easily.
Well, its nice to say thought , for that matter I don't think VW or any automobile manufacturer will ever pay heed to such things.
Old 30th December 2010, 20:42   #347
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CANPUSH View Post
I checked. Logo for Polo costs 1700 + labour charges for fixing.
The reason is that they just don't replace your logo. The whole front chrome grill needs to be changed along with the plastic casing. The logo itself would not even cost 50 bucks!

It's very difficult to keep a VW logo safe. But I just make sure I never leave the car on a street. Park it in the nearest mall. Parking charges wouldn't hurt as much as a new logo does! In Mumbai, there are malls at every corner so it's never hard to find a parking spot. Also, don't park your car in those BMC/Govt parking areas. Even there the car is prone to danger.

Last edited by theragingbull : 30th December 2010 at 20:44.
Old 31st December 2010, 14:44   #348
BHPian

With such kind of incidents, i guess the poll should have another option added.

* Create a vinyl/chrome sticker logo and stick it.

This will make no difference to a distant viewer and there willbe no reason for theft.
Old 2nd January 2011, 13:34   #349
BHPian

Re: Pune no different: car logo theft / monograms stolen

Guys, Whilst everyone is welcoming new year & wishing wellness in world around, some idiot found a time to pick on my love - Fiat Palio Sports. The rear logo is stolen and left some scars on pane.

Now with the Fiat logo changed long back, sourcing it will be challenge to me.

The current logo is as an image below. Anyone in Pune aware of anyshop/garage stocking it, please help.

PS : Have seen lotsa Skoda, VWs and Honda been vicim of this menace of late in Pune.
Attached Thumbnails
Car logo theft / monograms stolen in India-fist_pal.jpg  

Old 2nd January 2011, 21:40   #350
Senior - BHPian

one suggestion:

if your logo/monogram gets stolen you can use a high quality sticker instead of OE one.

some reference images.

Car logo theft / monograms stolen in India-tata.jpg

Car logo theft / monograms stolen in India-mercedesbenz.jpg

Car logo theft / monograms stolen in India-nissan.jpg

Car logo theft / monograms stolen in India-vw.jpg

Car logo theft / monograms stolen in India-bmw.jpg

Car logo theft / monograms stolen in India-fiat.jpg

Car logo theft / monograms stolen in India-skoda.jpg

Last edited by jeepster : 2nd January 2011 at 21:41.
Old 3rd January 2011, 16:27   #351
Senior - BHPian

The VW polo just made it big.

I just saw a polo with the badge gone. Looks like finally VW Polo has made it in the big league

cheers,
ac
Old 4th January 2011, 08:33   #352
Senior - BHPian

There's a news article in todays TOI about a boy being caught stealing logos. When they emptied his pockets it seems he had logos of almost all cars. I think the logo mafia has started catching children at a young age to do their dirty job. I hope apart from punishing the poor chap, the police get down to the bottom of the chain and take action.
Old 5th January 2011, 20:48   #353
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
There's a news article in todays TOI about a boy being caught stealing logos. When they emptied his pockets it seems he had logos of almost all cars. I think the logo mafia has started catching children at a young age to do their dirty job. I hope apart from punishing the poor chap, the police get down to the bottom of the chain and take action.
I hope so too, though I wouldnt be holding my breath on that. The primary question is where do these stolen badges get sold - in the black market/ back to the showrooms? If one buys from the black market, he/ she may end up buying the same badge that was stolen from his/ her car!
Old 5th January 2011, 23:20   #354
Senior - BHPian

I have a very simple solution for people who have lost their VW logos. Go thru' this method of chroming the front grill: DIY chrome grills - E90 - BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum - E90Post.com

The SS tape can be used to chrome the VW logo on the plastic base and it will look as good as OEM.

P.S: I am trying this method to apply the chrome lower lip(like in Vento) on my Polo soon.

Last edited by theragingbull : 5th January 2011 at 23:23.
Old 6th January 2011, 00:04   #355
BHPian

If my car's logo is even stolen (read, removed for free.) I'll probably invest in getting an elegant customized logo bearing my (or my kids) name and put it up on my car proudly.

PS: Its' a M.Suzuki, so don't expect any luck in this department.
Old 6th January 2011, 08:19   #356
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
The SS tape can be used to chrome the VW logo on the plastic base and it will look as good as OEM.

P.S: I am trying this method to apply the chrome lower lip(like in Vento) on my Polo soon.
Have you found a source for the SS tape? (it's more likely aluminium foil tape). I always thought that my Black Cedia needed some chrome around the grill (not to question the judgement of Mitsubishi designers, of-course, but one earlier version did have a chrome grill).
Old 6th January 2011, 13:12   #357
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrunkenMonk View Post
Have you found a source for the SS tape? (it's more likely aluminium foil tape).
That's what I am searching for these days. There is a 3M aluminium foil tape (3M Aluminum Foil Tape 425 : product information aluminum foil tape 425, technical data sheet 425, 427, thermal conductivity) But I'm not sure whether it can act as a substitute for the SS tape.
Old 6th January 2011, 13:39   #358
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
That's what I am searching for these days. There is a 3M aluminium foil tape (3M Aluminum Foil Tape 425 : product information aluminum foil tape 425, technical data sheet 425, 427, thermal conductivity) But I'm not sure whether it can act as a substitute for the SS tape.
It cannot. I have used the aluminium foil tape, and its really delicate. It crumples very easily and for fine applications it's not easy to work with since you would end up with creases.
Old 24th January 2011, 21:38   #359
BHPian

Menace is spreading fast in Pune.. in my society which is in a very safe locality with watchmen, logos from many of the skodas, mercs were taken. Thankfully our laura tsi's logo was not taken.. there is a small mark where they tried to take out front logo but were unsuccessful thankfully..
Old 31st January 2011, 11:25   #360
Senior - BHPian

Re: Pune: Stolen logo

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvonA7 View Post
Somebody new to this (it seems!), tried to take out the Boot VW logo (and this one costs 8k+ as it is the boot opener) but thankfully wasn't able to pull out the badge.
Our building has a Polo with this logo also gone (alongwith the underlying handle). The springs present below the handle are exposed now. Feels really bad to see such a sight.

Most Viewed