Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Would do/would you do if your car fell prey?
Get new parts from an authorized source,everytime. 217 37.22%
Hit the grey market/chor bazaar, everytime. 65 11.15%
Use an authorized source the first time, got fed up the second time and gave in to an unoffical source. 173 29.67%
I dont care, just let the parts remain off. 128 21.96%
Voters: 583. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 15th April 2009, 14:30   #121
BHPian

I have observed lots of logo-less cars in South Bombay. Seems this place is turning out to be the epicentre for the thefts. In comparison Navi Mumbai is better off !! Cannot imagine that theft of logos could become this big !!
Old 15th April 2009, 14:42   #122
Senior - BHPian

this has got unbelievably huge...1 of every 10 cars you see is without a monogram these days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emkay456 View Post
I have observed lots of logo-less cars in South Bombay. Seems this place is turning out to be the epicentre for the thefts. In comparison Navi Mumbai is better off !! Cannot imagine that theft of logos could become this big !!

Last edited by KSM-Vtec : 15th April 2009 at 14:43.
Old 15th April 2009, 15:55   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by emkay456 View Post
I disagree here. Navi Mumbai is fast catching up the pace with Mumbai situation!

As said, every 10 car, 1 car's logo is missing. In my office complex, atleast 5-6 cars logo missing!

Everyone knows where these logos end up. How many people willing to register a FIR about it and what the Police can do about it, is a question yet!
Old 15th April 2009, 16:02   #124
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Talk about being unfortunate, I got took delivery of a BMW 520d last Monday. Got it to work on Tuesday morning, parked it securely inside my office building. Came down two hours later and the front logo was gone !
Sacked the security chaps but there is no end to this, these goons are in places you least expect !
Oh god! Must be a big racket then, office security guards also involved etc.
Old 15th April 2009, 19:24   #125
Ice
BHPian

Racket hits Chennai:

1. Dad lost our Octy's rear-badge (Skoda logo) on 8th April in Anna Nagar. Left some scratch marks on the body while performing his operation. Safe to say that surgical precision was lacking. Car parked in semi-protected lot at an eatery. The lot was basically the front yard of the restaurant, but with no wall or gate in place.

2. Cousin's Swift VXi badge lost only the "VXi" from his office parking (D&B office on IT corridor). Why on earth???? On a positive note, the debadged look is what he was asking me about a few weeks ago.

3. Grandad's Innova lost the Toyota badge from the front grille. Looks hideous now! This happened in Besant Nagar. Car was parked on the road, opposit to the Subway restaurant.

I'm getting my Forza's logos electrified.
Old 15th April 2009, 19:32   #126
BHPian

since last week have been seeing a lot of cars fallen prey to this

toyotas, OHC's ... its just getting worse in south mumbai

i am sure in some areas pay park guys are involved

my friend lost his Skoda badge at nariman point in the day time
Old 15th April 2009, 19:39   #127
Senior - BHPian

Noticed today, my "T" badge on the front grille of my Safari is missing. Am sure it is stolen.
Old 15th April 2009, 19:42   #128
BHPian

by the way. the HYUN is out from my HYUNDAI:(
Old 15th April 2009, 19:46   #129
Senior - BHPian

had my maruti M badge removed from front grill some months ago.Colundn't believe it as car is 12 years old.Dont think it just fell of,quite sure that it was stolen from the building compound as the grill has scratch marks like the monogram was forcefully pulled.

One way i think we can put and end to this is by bringing such incidents to Cops notice and make the cops fine people like rickshaws etc who apply such monograms on their vehicles.
Old 16th April 2009, 01:03   #130
Senior - BHPian

Lost my rear badge again and this time the front too of my Fabia
Had gone up to my CA's office and came 15 mins later to find that its gone.
The rear badge was a duplicate one I managed to get for Rs.200. But looks exactly like the new except that it doesn't have the emboss effect on it. Got 3 more of them for Rs.500. Havn't managed to get the front one. The front badge is littler bigger as compared to the rear one. I have seen quite a few skoda with a Laminated alluminium sticker from far off looks like a badge. I found that it would cost Rs.150. Planning to get something like that for the front. I am guessing it won't get stolen as its more like a sticker.

Last edited by Invinsible : 16th April 2009 at 01:06.
Old 16th April 2009, 09:33   #131
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice View Post
Racket hits Chennai:
hmph! I was hoping that it doesn't happen in Chennai, when i read the 1 in 10 cars having no logo in Mumbai! Now it's right here as well...
Old 16th April 2009, 10:10   #132
Senior - BHPian

I wonder where all these badge goes? All this has been happening in every residential area, commercial, malls, parking lots almost every place one can think of. Obviously the one who robs is not the part of gang present in all such places. Last I heard was even school boys and yound college kids are part of it. I wonder why would they want steel a Maruti's badge. A couz of mind lost one in his Swift and told me that he had to put a new one for Rs.80.

Now that's not a price worth robbing for. I mean what would they make out of robbing an Rs.80 monogram. I suppose they all being sold as per kilogram.
The best option is that Manufacturers should make the badge of metal and bolt it. That way it would be virtually impossible to remove it.

It's sad to know that the plague is spreading to other cities too. I suppose it's high time something needs to be done about this issue.
Old 16th April 2009, 12:29   #133
BHPian

The "H" from my Chevrolet has been stolen .

The Marque from the front and back have been stolen thrice from my Optra. I no longer desire to replace them. Its indeed shameful that people resort to such things.

Its not about the cost, but about the annoyance caused. The car looks quite shoddy without them and I think that anyone caught stealing them needs to be dealt with rather harshly.

One's car is their personal space and anything getting stolen is like violating someone's home.
Old 16th April 2009, 13:06   #134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naikpranav View Post
I didn't have the patience for someone to be caught so I got new logos from Skoda (780 a piece) and stuck them on with Fevitite, do look at how it was done

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1109762

Its now not possible to remove them at all there is a possibility that the front logo might break in trying to remove it, but i have made sure a screw driver does not fit at the rim.
I did the same but they still managed to pry them off.
Old 16th April 2009, 14:06   #135
BANNED

some punk took my H logo from one of my honda citys

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks