Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Would do/would you do if your car fell prey?
Get new parts from an authorized source,everytime. 217 37.22%
Hit the grey market/chor bazaar, everytime. 65 11.15%
Use an authorized source the first time, got fed up the second time and gave in to an unoffical source. 173 29.67%
I dont care, just let the parts remain off. 128 21.96%
Voters: 583. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 19th November 2008, 10:04   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
It may not be stolen actually. My safari lettering from the back gradually fell off within the first one month: from safari to safar to afar to fa and then i just took the remaining two off with my fingers.

Maybe tata doesn't use 3M to save costs.
Thats changed with the 2.2l, I have myself picked up and given the broken words from the back logo to Safari 3.0 owners while parked.

The "2.2l VTT DICOR" logo on the quarter panel costs Rs.350 each.

But I like the sticker type "Santro" logo's on the boot door, once hardened in a few days, its extremely difficult to remove. Auto companies should think of the indian environments while providing fitments which are easier to remove. All logos once converted to "decal style" stickers will be of no interest to the thieves.

Last edited by dadu : 19th November 2008 at 10:08.
Old 19th November 2008, 11:21   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
Thats changed with the 2.2l, I have myself picked up and given the broken words from the back logo to Safari 3.0 owners while parked.
Wish you stayed in bombay and parked behind my 3.0!
Old 27th November 2008, 17:05   #18
Senior - BHPian

Damn, i was also a victim of this 'monogram' theft last week. I got ripped off from the CR2/ Inox parking.
Have also noticed that 'Suzuki' and 'Honda' monograms seem more popular than any other. Would'nt be surprised to know the dealerships involvement in this.
Old 4th December 2008, 16:20   #19
BHPian

Logos on cars getting stolen

Recently, i have noticed a lot of cars on the roads, whose logos/monograms have been stolen.

An amazing number of cars have their logos missing on my daily commute roads. (except marutis, hyundais and tatas, for obvious reasons)

On a personal level, we have 4 cars in the family who's logos are missing.

The robbers have found a good item here, easy to steal, no chance of anyone complaining to the police.

Everyone else, who have had their logos stolen or are seeing a number of cars like this, please post here.

Its a very small thing to complain about.
But, when we have a number of posts here,

maybe some MODS with high contacts can bring it to the notice of the authorities that this is happening in the city . And can present this thread as a small example.
Old 4th December 2008, 17:10   #20
BHPian

Thread already running
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...ms-stolen.html
Old 5th December 2008, 10:40   #21
BHPian

I'm not replacing my monogram - not a good idea - I'm fearful it'll get stolen again.

Car looks bad with a hole in front.

Any ideas people?
Old 5th December 2008, 11:19   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitsingh08 View Post
I'm not replacing my monogram - not a good idea - I'm fearful it'll get stolen again.

Car looks bad with a hole in front.

Any ideas people?
Monogram hardly costs much. Rather fix it with a 3M tape (or if you really scared then araldite) then letting your car look shabby.

Chances of monogram being stolen again are not very high IMO.
Old 15th December 2008, 12:40   #23
BHPian

Car Badges Being stolen in Mumbai

Hi guys, I own a Skoda Fabia, on the 5th of November, the rear "Skoda monogram of my car was stolen, I was under the impression that it happened near my office, but on the 9th the front one was stolen and this happened when my car was parked at home in Worli the whole day, in my building complex with a 12-ft high compound wall parked right under my window. When i asked around i found out some kids have been pulling out badges of cars and things like that with mine not being the first, So i decided not to push it to hard and we decided to send a notice to all society members about the goings-on.

However, when I was headed for some work today, I happened to look around and found out that every car in my area has lost atleast one badge, be it TATA, Maruti, ford, all of them, my parents also noticed monograms of BMW's and VW besides many other skoda's and other cars, at Peddar Road and Breach Candy.

This is not any miscreants taking badges to make a collection, they are definitely selling them and this is a huge raquet, I am looking for any other clues, and I suggest anyone in bombay who's lost any monograms please make a complaint or if you have any suggestions please put them here, I am planning on going to the Dadar/Worli Police stations and make formal complaint about this.
Old 15th December 2008, 12:46   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

There's already a thread on this: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...ms-stolen.html

You can do a police complaint, but i don't know if it will help too much. Rather tell your watchman to do his job more diligently.
Old 16th December 2008, 11:04   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naikpranav View Post
I am planning on going to the Dadar/Worli Police stations and make formal complaint about this.
Great idea!!!

Would you be able to make this a group thing? - I too would love to do police complaint - but I'm unsure what effect it'll have if we go individually.

Others seeing this theft - please make sure you comment here.

I'll check if any friends know people in media - I'd love for Mumbai Mirror to cover this story

And they can get good material from this thread.

Big Racket - that's how I feel
Old 17th December 2008, 15:06   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitsingh08 View Post
Great idea!!!

Would you be able to make this a group thing? - I too would love to do police complaint - but I'm unsure what effect it'll have if we go individually.

Others seeing this theft - please make sure you comment here.

I'll check if any friends know people in media - I'd love for Mumbai Mirror to cover this story

And they can get good material from this thread.

Big Racket - that's how I feel
I am really serious about doing something about it, i'm only looking for some indications about where they might be going, that started with counting cars with badges, mine is not the only skoda with both badges missing, in fact i have seen far too many in the past few days, this is something that has heightened now, also the badges being stolen are getting sold either to autorickshaws, or to owners who have already lost them to theft as I do not see any taxi with any other badges and I don't travel to the suburbs much.

The first thing here should be is, lets all make some sort of headcount and some people who could give some sort of legal advice about which authority needs to be approached for this, I will write to the newspapers soon after I get atleast a basic idea of what's going on, thinking of looking into second-hand part markets at CST road, Kurla.

In the meanwhile I am also trying to get some info out of these watchmen and other gaurds in my area, I have been unlucky as they only targetted my car and a fiat in my society, but that maybe because of a little rarity in skodas in the area.
Old 23rd December 2008, 21:48   #27
Senior - BHPian

imagine losing a monogram of a gtr haha!!! i wud kick the living daylight of the guy who took em
Old 23rd December 2008, 22:23   #28
Senior - BHPian

Guys someone stole both my monograms within 2 days ....one on each day...
Old 24th December 2008, 00:05   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinaydas View Post
imagine losing a monogram of a gtr haha!!! i wud kick the living daylight of the guy who took em
If you could catch the culprit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSM-Vtec View Post
Guys someone stole both my monograms within 2 days ....one on each day...
Dude get them replaced fast or then leave the back completely clean with a K&N and t-bhp.
Old 24th December 2008, 00:30   #30
BHPian

No wander we see toyota,volvo,audi and even merc logos behind autorickshaws .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks