Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Would do/would you do if your car fell prey?
Get new parts from an authorized source,everytime. 217 37.22%
Hit the grey market/chor bazaar, everytime. 65 11.15%
Use an authorized source the first time, got fed up the second time and gave in to an unoffical source. 173 29.67%
I dont care, just let the parts remain off. 128 21.96%
Voters: 583. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 30th March 2009, 11:30   #106
BHPian

@sahil: Those are actual monograms, not stickers. I was behind the autos and that is the only reason i took the photos. if you notice one of them is broken at the side when it was pried open.
Old 31st March 2009, 13:06   #107
BHPian

Skoda leads the pack when it comes to stolen monograms. Just the other day, I was in Mumbai and my cousin made a comment about how most skodas on mumbai roads were monogram less.

I did not believe him till I looked around and OUCH! he was right...

On a different note, It gives skoda a good opportunity to fleece more money from customer
Old 31st March 2009, 13:50   #108
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhilesh51 View Post
Skoda leads the pack when it comes to stolen monograms. Just the other day, I was in Mumbai and my cousin made a comment about how most skodas on mumbai roads were monogram less.

I did not believe him till I looked around and OUCH! he was right...

On a different note, It gives skoda a good opportunity to fleece more money from customer
Another conspiracy theory here?
Going by the way Skoda harasses its customers, a conspiracy is very much possible!
Old 31st March 2009, 21:17   #109
Senior - BHPian

This monogram flicking business has extended to bangalore too.Lots of yamaha badges from FZ-16s have been flicked from our campus.
Old 1st April 2009, 01:46   #110

In broad daylight at Dharavi Signal

I've been watchful of kids around my car ever since I got the new Skoda Superb. 2 days ago, at the signals just after Dharavi (before Kalanagar jn.), around 3pm I was at the light and 3 slum kids were running across the divider, behind my car. I saw them slip behind the car, heard the heart-wrenching noise of my 3 day old car being scratched. I just moved forward a bit and slammed the brakes...

The kids scampered off with their broken screwdriver blade, leaving my logo intact but with an inch long scratch next to it :(

What can one do?? You cant really catch these kids, cant take em to the cops...i mean these are 10 year olds!

Boring Prof
Old 1st April 2009, 02:24   #111
BHPian

where do our precious monograms end up....
Attached Thumbnails
Car logo theft / monograms stolen in India-dsc01530-medium.jpg  

Old 1st April 2009, 09:10   #112
Senior - BHPian

I guess these kids have even started removing the "letters" that are used to make the number plates. Somebody just removed the "M" from my MH
Old 1st April 2009, 09:21   #113
Senior - BHPian

If someone tries this on my ride i wouldnot care if its a 10 year old kid or a 100yr old man,i would suggest catch hold of them and
Old 1st April 2009, 09:37   #114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoringProf View Post
I've been watchful of kids around my car ever since I got the new Skoda Superb. 2 days ago, at the signals just after Dharavi (before Kalanagar jn.), around 3pm I was at the light and 3 slum kids were running across the divider, behind my car. I saw them slip behind the car, heard the heart-wrenching noise of my 3 day old car being scratched. I just moved forward a bit and slammed the brakes...

The kids scampered off with their broken screwdriver blade, leaving my logo intact but with an inch long scratch next to it :(

What can one do?? You cant really catch these kids, cant take em to the cops...i mean these are 10 year olds!

Boring Prof
Now, that is a really scary thought, that you have to watch out for street kids running behind your car apart from all the traffic and the crazy bikers! God save the Mumbai car owners!
Old 3rd April 2009, 10:57   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vineethvazhayil View Post
Another conspiracy theory here?
Going by the way Skoda harasses its customers, a conspiracy is very much possible!
that is very Sad you think that way, Monograms are one department where they don't fleece us, the badges are imported from italy and sold at the same price you would get at a bargain store in Europe, they are way cheaper than Fiat badges, and many other brands, the reason why you see so many skoda's with missing badges because they are more in number compared to BMW, fiat, Audi etc. besides every merc here seems to have lost something too.

Coming to badges, I have started to wonder if this is about money at all, after losing the front badge twice and the rear one mutilated because it can't be removed, I got some badges printed onto self adhesive vinyl with a very good quality printer, you almost can't make out the difference, even that badge has been subjected to removal tests, several times, it just doesn't come out, I should have done this way back. The point is, when they know this is a sticker, why try to take it out ? you can't sell it.
Old 3rd April 2009, 12:07   #116
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naikpranav View Post
that is very Sad you think that way.
hehe, don't take it seriously man.. Reading the experiences of some of the customers, the extent to which Skoda dealers can fall below what can be called honourable conduct is unimaginable (read - forgery, threatening, stealing & what not). So that was a comment made in context of what has been happening. Read up the hottest thread on the forum and you will know what I'm referring to.
Old 15th April 2009, 12:43   #117
Distinguished - BHPian

Another one bites the dust... Happened in the parking lot at Phoenix Mills.
Attached Thumbnails
Car logo theft / monograms stolen in India-photo.jpg  

Old 15th April 2009, 12:48   #118
Senior - BHPian

I just posted this in another thread, On my last visit to Mumbai saw most of the cars sans their logo in Wadala & also spotted more in other parts of city.
I dont expect so many miscreants all over the city to do the same thing, Do these end up at Chor Bazaar?
Old 15th April 2009, 12:53   #119
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Do these end up at Chor Bazaar?
Chor bazaar, autorickshaws, taxis, trucks, doors of slums, cycles, weird and wacky cars, etc...
Old 15th April 2009, 14:02   #120
Distinguished - BHPian

Talk about being unfortunate, I got took delivery of a BMW 520d last Monday. Got it to work on Tuesday morning, parked it securely inside my office building. Came down two hours later and the front logo was gone !
Sacked the security chaps but there is no end to this, these goons are in places you least expect !

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks