Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Would do/would you do if your car fell prey?
Get new parts from an authorized source,everytime. 217 37.22%
Hit the grey market/chor bazaar, everytime. 65 11.15%
Use an authorized source the first time, got fed up the second time and gave in to an unoffical source. 173 29.67%
I dont care, just let the parts remain off. 128 21.96%
Voters: 583. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 31st January 2011, 14:14   #361
Senior - BHPian

re: Car logo theft / monograms stolen in India

Of late the meance has begun in Pune and how!
A friend of mine got a Vento recently and he happened to mention that in 1 night logos of 8 VW's were stolen from the showroom!

My Skoda's logos were stolen thrice! At 1250 per logo, its was a big hole in the wallet. Not to mention the heartache. The worst part is whoever stole the logos couldnt even do the job properly, scratches around the logo on the bumper and a broken half logo on the front!

Unable to find decent logos (chor bazaar or even fakes).
Can anyone help me find decent (cheap) logos for the Laura, or even know where i could get good quality stickers? Dont mind travelling to Mumbai for them either.
Old 31st January 2011, 17:58   #362
BHPian

This is really sick attitude :-(
Yesterday I saw a brand New Vento at Laxmi Road, even the seat plastic was intact, I can bet it was barely 2 days old car. But the sad part is both front and back logo's were stolen
Old 31st January 2011, 18:29   #363
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
Of late the meance has begun in Pune and how!
A friend of mine got a Vento recently and he happened to mention that in 1 night logos of 8 VW's were stolen from the showroom!

My Skoda's logos were stolen thrice! At 1250 per logo, its was a big hole in the wallet. Not to mention the heartache. The worst part is whoever stole the logos couldnt even do the job properly, scratches around the logo on the bumper and a broken half logo on the front!

Unable to find decent logos (chor bazaar or even fakes).
Can anyone help me find decent (cheap) logos for the Laura, or even know where i could get good quality stickers? Dont mind travelling to Mumbai for them either.
Whatever it is avoid buying from chor bazzar. if you are coming to mumbai, you get fakes for 100-150 any brand in opera market area. i picked few pairs of them sainath. also buy the stickers, put them first and then place the logo over it, next time it goes the sticker is a image saver
Old 31st January 2011, 18:49   #364
BHPian

Seems this has spread to UP also. Yesterday my about 4 yrs old Innova fell pray and now the front logo is gone. This happened while it was parked in the hotel parking at Allahabad. Gave a good piece of my mind to the hotel staff and security.
Old 31st January 2011, 18:50   #365
BHPian

Best option is leave it like that. In one week you get used to it. Even if you put new one (original or fake) someone is soon going to steal it. How many times you can replace?

There are now two kinds of Volkswagons in Pune - One who's logo is waiting to be picked and other who's logo is already gone.

If VW starts offering logos 100 Rs a piece (That's actual price) nobody will even touch it. That's the real solution to this menace.

I have found that a CD fits nicely on to the front logo space of Polo/Vento. I want now to try and fix it and paint like VW logo. When I will get spare half a day I will do it and post photos here.
Old 31st January 2011, 19:16   #366
BHPian

When I wrote to VW about it I got the following reply -

Greetings from Volkswagen Passenger Cars!

Thank you very much for your patronage towards Volkswagen and its products.

At the outset we sincerely regret the inconvenience caused to you.

We understand the pain you feel at having the prized logos vandalized. You will appreciate that the problem afflicts all manufacturers and is not restricted to Volkswagen.

Logos are typically vandalized by ‘collectors’ mainly teenagers & 3-wheeler owners
Making logos impossible to remove by incorporating them in the metal work will result in even more aggressive efforts from their side to remove the logo. This will result in greater damage to the surrounding metal work.

The other alternative is to make the logos cheaper to replace. That would lead to compromise in the quality of the logos which would neither be acceptable to you as a proud owner or us as a proud manufacturer.

For the cost of New Logo, please visit or Call the nearest Volkswagen Authorized Dealership. The details of dealership are available on our site “ www.volkswagen.co.in”

Incase of any further assistance, kindly feel free to call Volkswagen India Assistance 24x7, Anytime. Anywhere. Call toll free 1800 102 0909 / 1800 209 0909 or write to us at customer.care@volkswagen.co.in.

Assuring you of our best services.

Best regards,

Customer Care
After sales
Volkswagen Passenger Cars India

A Division of Volkswagen Group Sales India Private Limited
Maker Maxity Level 4
3, North Avenue,
Bandra Kurla Complex, Bandra (East)
Mumbai 400 051
India
Old 1st February 2011, 18:10   #367
BHPian

As I was writing yesterday, front logo of My neighbour's Mercedes C series (The new Big one, integrated with front grill) got stolen in Pune.

Sad state of affairs.
Old 1st February 2011, 18:30   #368
naj
BHPian

Hi!

This phenomena of logo stealing has hit Pune in a big way.Almost every second car has its logo vandalized.
So much so that in many instances I have noticed that the logo has been removed along with a piece of plastic grill surrounding the logo.In such a case the poor owner has to change the grill too if he wants to restore his prized car to original state.
Its very saddening .

And yes the VW seems to be the favourite pick.

Cheers,
Naj

Last edited by naj : 1st February 2011 at 18:39.
Old 1st February 2011, 19:13   #369
Distinguished - BHPian

I had to change my Fiesta's logo. Came at 750/-
Though logo theft is poor here in Cochin, it's fast catching up. (Have to safe guard the VW)
Old 1st February 2011, 19:57   #370
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigy View Post
Whatever it is avoid buying from chor bazzar. if you are coming to mumbai, you get fakes for 100-150 any brand in opera market area. i picked few pairs of them sainath. also buy the stickers, put them first and then place the logo over it, next time it goes the sticker is a image saver

Hi Gigy,

Thanks for the valuable suggestion.
Even I'm avoiding Chor bazaar, not due to the quality aspect, but more due to morality.

Stickers seem to be the best bet, will buy a dozen, just in case.
Old 2nd February 2011, 15:14   #371
Distinguished - BHPian

My Skoda Superb front logo badge was stolen last week, while it was parked somewhere.

The Skoda service centre told me that a new one would cost me 1200 (900 it it was a Laura).

My driver Akbar was able to find a store in Opera house that sold imported genuine logos, only for VW, Skoda and Audi. He had no other badges in stock.

He said it was genuine and imported and staked his reputation on it. It looked great to me and I'm good at pointing out fakes.

Rs. 850.

Plus I araldited the sucker in. Forget about knocking it out now. You'll have to take whole grille, lol.
Old 2nd February 2011, 15:51   #372
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
Plus I araldited the sucker in. Forget about knocking it out now. You'll have to take whole grille, lol.
Well, I hope "they" give up after a few attempts instead of causing considerable damage in an attempt to remove the badge.
Old 2nd February 2011, 16:04   #373
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My Skoda Superb front logo badge was stolen last week, while it was parked somewhere.

The Skoda service centre told me that a new one would cost me 1200 (900 it it was a Laura).

My driver Akbar was able to find a store in Opera house that sold imported genuine logos, only for VW, Skoda and Audi. He had no other badges in stock.

He said it was genuine and imported and staked his reputation on it. It looked great to me and I'm good at pointing out fakes.

Rs. 850.

Hi Sam,

Could you please PM me the contact details of the store, that Akbar picked up the logos from?
Even i plan to Araldite them as soon as i buy them.
Old 2nd February 2011, 16:40   #374
BHPian

Re: Car logo theft / monograms stolen in India

I think, there must be some big racket behind this. If thousands of logos being stolen, someone must be buying at good price. There must be big demand and that's why this is happening. It's not one of kind. I am sure local police must be aware of such chain. If we can catch one of thief, he can explain where is is selling at what price, there must be some shop to buy this. Remember gold thief also sells it to some shop to convert it to money.
Old 2nd February 2011, 16:44   #375
Senior - BHPian

Re: Car logo theft / monograms stolen in India

Quote:

He said it was genuine and imported and staked his reputation on it. It looked great to me and I'm good at pointing out fakes..
Are you sure that this person is selling genuine imported logos and not stolen ones?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks