Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Would do/would you do if your car fell prey?
Get new parts from an authorized source,everytime. 217 37.22%
Hit the grey market/chor bazaar, everytime. 65 11.15%
Use an authorized source the first time, got fed up the second time and gave in to an unoffical source. 173 29.67%
I dont care, just let the parts remain off. 128 21.96%
Voters: 583. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 15th April 2011, 08:13   #511
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Car logo theft / monograms stolen in India

@Xehaust- sorry to hear that. When my VW logo got flicked, another gentleman's C-class also had its rear ornament broken off the way you describe. In fact, I thank my stars that Vento logo comes off easy rather than have someone wrestle with a screwdriver and end up ruining the boot or bonnet in the process! The official reason why VW and other manufacturers don't make hard-to-remove logos is apparently this.

Let the guy take the logo, just spare my beautiful car body any damage!
Old 15th April 2011, 17:10   #512
BHPian

There is a minor drop in logo prices. Polo front logo is now quoted to be 1654 in place of 1700 or may be 1654 is the price and they just charge 1700.

There is a little drop in cases but may be because of examinations. Once the summer vacations begin may be there will be increase again.

I trust this will continue till there are huge number of VW, Mercs, BMWs and Skodas on road and novelty is lost.

I felt sad about jaguar fellow.
Old 23rd April 2011, 01:47   #513
BHPian

While all of us are troubled with Logo thefts; Look who found a reason to smile:

Car logo theft / monograms stolen in India-12042011351-copy.jpg

Spotted this Punto at Andheri; The owner does seem to have a positive attitude!
Zappex is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st May 2011, 00:31   #514
BHPian

zappex : nice catch

BTW, in the last few weeks noticed quite a lot of Polos with their logos intact.

In my apt. parking there are 1000+ cars parked and in the same period (last few weeks) haven't noticed any new logo less cars.

does it imply car logo theft in Pune reducing or the owners are more cautious where they park their cars.
Old 27th May 2011, 19:26   #515
Senior - BHPian

Move over logos.
A couple of days ago, our Tata Indigo's chrome lip was stolen when it was parked on a public road.
Old 27th May 2011, 21:00   #516
Distinguished - BHPian

Today I spotted a 3 series immediately followed by a Skoda and then a Vento on Hinjewadi-Aundh road, all logoless. Had just picked up my nephews who're visiting and they said they recognised my car parked on the side of the road because its logos were missing! Showed them the other missing ones and they were convinced it's an epidemic.
Old 20th July 2011, 09:18   #517
BHPian

Yesterday I happened to observe that people are now using Replica/Duplicate Logos.
Attached Thumbnails
Car logo theft / monograms stolen in India-img00072201107191704.jpg  

Old 21st July 2011, 17:45   #518
Senior - BHPian

Spotted this Laura at Aqsa Beach, Malad(W) with the rear Logo missing:

Car logo theft / monograms stolen in India-photo0726.jpg
Old 22nd July 2011, 13:41   #519
BHPian

OH! Finally I found it. A Tata Logo missing?

Car logo theft / monograms stolen in India-tata-logo-missing-vista.jpg

Well, so Tata is growing in its brand value too.
Old 22nd July 2011, 16:01   #520
Distinguished - BHPian

This logo theft business seems to be thriving in western India more than other regions. My work requires me to travel to Belgaum very frequently where I spend about 8 to 10 days in a month. I see so many cars with their logos missing that I dare not take my 2 month old Laura TSI to the city. I park it in my garage and take the good old WagonR whenever I have work in the city. Skoda and VW seem to be favorites for these logo thieves.

Luckily, this epidemic has so far not reached Bangalore yet. BTW, my Corolla lost its 'T' in Belgaum some time back
Old 29th July 2011, 01:04   #521

Guys I have the India Vista Aura Qdj Anniversary edition and the front /rear logo with the word TATA is stolen. More importantly is that the monograms are of golden color. Now I am asked to shell out 2100 Rs for getting the new one from the authorised Tata garage.

Do we have the duplicates avbl in Mumbai (Specially the golden ones for Anniversary models). If any one knows the area/shop let me know.

Thanks in advance..

Mac...
Old 2nd August 2011, 17:39   #522
BHPian

I have a Indica Turbo DLX car , almost 4 years old. I had parked it inside our company campus in Hinjewadi Pune, but this open parking zone is outside the covered building park , and has no surveillance camera and has very less security cover. Additionally, the BPO indicabs also park in the vicinity and the cab guys generally move around freely in this outside zone. I have parked my non-Tata car many times outside , nothing happened. But on this fateful day I parked my India DLX , once I finished my work at 7 45 pm and went to my Indica DLX car, i found that both the ORVMs are changed [ I realised moment I sat in te drivers seat] . I had earlier the antiglare convex OEM mirrors since its purchase and now they are replaced with just flat mirror glass, wavy, cheap, both sides [Checkd out from a garage that its a 10 mins job, if they have a small juggad to replace ] ....both the mirrors are now useless for me till i get the original ones from Tata Spare parts/dealers. Guys...pls be aware we have thieves all around and you can expect the unexpected any time. These petty thieves can steal anything from logo/ mirror plate/ wiper blades , that also in shortest possible time.
Old 2nd August 2011, 18:45   #523
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazing View Post
once I finished my work at 7 45 pm and went to my Indica DLX car, i found that both the ORVMs are changed
That takes the cake! Amazing, its amazing what these innovative thieves can take from your car these days!

I just saw a Polo highline without logos front and rear AND they took off with VW logo on alloys too!!
Old 2nd August 2011, 19:27   #524
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazing View Post
once I finished my work at 7 45 pm and went to my Indica DLX car, i found that both the ORVMs are changed
Same too had happened to my dad's Tata Indica DLS way back in 2005. Dad parked the car somewhere and when he returned the driver side mirror was forked out and was gone. Next day got new driver side mirror from Tata A.S.S. and installed a metal frame around the mirror which prevents anyone from forking out the mirror. Get the metal frame installed in your Indica ASAP.
Old 3rd August 2011, 10:40   #525
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
Same too had happened to my dad's Tata Indica DLS way back in 2005. the driver side mirror was forked out and was gone. Next day got new driver side mirror from Tata A.S.S.
Thanks buddy, can the replacement be done by a 'good quality' after market convex mirror or i should go for only the original ones from Tata? In fact in my case, left side mirror assy (the centre holder that moves for adjustment ) got damaged while this intercgange is done forcibly. each assy original costs Rs.1495/-...only scared of replacing is that it might happen again :-(
In case any one of you have used the aftermarket 'reputed branded mirriors' from Ficosa etc, pls advise me if I should go for that ? I use both mirrors extensively during my so called safe driving daily.
Also, if you know if there are any outlets (other than Tata) that sell these spares in Pune / PCMC area ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks