Team-BHP - Chevrolet's Spark scores a 100,000
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Chevrolet's Spark scores a 100,000 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/80030-chevrolets-spark-scores-100-000-a.html)

The nippy li'l hatch touches the 100,000 mark in exactly 3 years.

Excerpts from the official press release:

Quote:

- General Motors India today rolled out the 100,000th Chevrolet Spark from its plant at a simple ceremony presided over by its Vice-President, Mr. P Balendran.

- Speaking on the occasion, Mr P Balendran said, “Spark is a hit globally, and it is one of GM India’s best-selling cars in the country. The growing popularity of our Spark testifies that more and more customers have been reassured by the quality, economy and performance of this best-selling car. We are confident that the award winning Spark makes for a natural choice for the customers, given its product attributes and the value proposition it offers at an affordable price. At General Motors, it is our constant endeavor to provide the consumers unmatched products and services and the roll-out of the 100,000th Spark from our plant today stands testimony to this resolve.”

- It may be recalled that the Chevrolet Spark had won the prestigious J.D. Power Initial Quality Study (IQS) Award for three consecutive years – 2007, 2008 & 2009 – for its top-notch quality features and its best-in-class fuel economy. These awards reiterate the fact that customers across the country trust the Chevrolet Spark for its multiple features, safety, fuel efficiency and value proposition.

- Chevrolet Spark, produced at GM India’s Halol and Talegaon plants, boasts of a combined production capacity of 225,000 units and the company has recently started second shifts at both the plants to meet the increased demand for its range of products. General Motors India’s engine plant with a capacity of 160,000-units per annum is also fast coming up at the Talegaon manufacturing plant premises. This is the first flexi-engine plant in the GM world wherein both petrol and diesel small car engines are going to be manufactured together. The engines will roll out of the plant by the end of this year.

- General Motors India has also collaborated with REVA Electric Car Company to manufacture the electric Spark. This path-breaking initiative is in line with GM India’s commitment to introduce environment friendly mobility solutions in the country. The e-Spark will be India's first 4-door Passenger Electric Vehicle and will be launched by the end of this year.

Great job by GM !
Solid foundation for Beat, Cruze and many more new models i guess.
I hope the electric one does well in the market.

Spark was a real 'game changer' for its class, especially after the huge price cuts came in. The quality they gave was extremely appealing for the price you paid.

GM India guys really deserve this one.

The price cut did the wonders to the Spark sales like the Alto. People were unwilling to accept the Matiz once again that too with a Chevy badge that had a reputation for expensive maintenance and poor resale. But now with so many Sparks on the road a lot of public have accepted the brand (the others are still Maruti loyalists).

The suceess of Spark had a big contribution in market acceptance of the Beat.

Another Manufacturer that should take a lesson from this is Fiat. If they would have made the Palio Stile a success at any price, the GP would have fared better in the market. Now GP has to carry the Baggage of poor performance of both Palio and Uno. Most prospective buyers fear the GP will go the Palio way after the initial hype is over.

Well Spark does deserve the numbers that it has earned. I have two friends on mine who own Spark, I must say they are absolutely happy about the car.
I must say Karl Slym's ad of free service guarantee has surely worked. I mean imagine, how many ads do we see the CEO coming in ad and directly promising.
Anyway great going GM.

A very good job by GM. Selling an average of 3000 units a month when all the odds were stacked against GM with the bankruptcy thing taking front stage.

Indeed a good achievement considering the recent downturns happening in the company. Hope they can replicate it for other hatches, atleast the Beat much faster than this :)

About time. GM needs to do a better job of marketing the Spark as a worthy alternative to the Alto. Also needs to gain ground in B towns.

Where is that 800 cc 3 cyl engine?

Great show by GM----they deserve the credit. For a price of 3.2 lakhs, Spark is the best bet nowadays.

Great going by GM! Well deserved credit.

Got a new Spark about 3 weeks ago and have been very happy with its performance for the past 500 kms.

The service free package is surely a delight and was a game changer to lure buyers from the Alto.

Kudos to GM!!

Well done GM.:thumbs up IMO this is one company which can give a tough competition to Maruti's VFM image. I hope they will soon launch Spark with 800cc engine to take on Alto.

IMO Spark, Cruze, Beat are very competitive products, a good and reliable A.S.S is all they need to take it to the next level.

Spark is the cutest hatch ( other than Nano ) available in India market. I am happy to hear this. I find Spark, A-star and Swift best proportioned and best looking hatches in India.

This is a classic case of a product that is priced properly( post the discounts) and backed with the support of its manufacturer, finds it way into many garages of the consumers. Something others should learn from. Wish to see more of such offerings for the buyer from folks who are keeping ears open to consumer interests.

Finally GM has a winner. They have been in India for what almost a decade now? And their cars were never contenders to the potential rivals. GM need to use the Spark story to continue this change of fortune. Golden rule: Keep it small.

Great job by GM with a consistent sale of 3k - 4k during their difficult times. But still long way to go, they have to reach the numbers some where near what alto is doing now.
Still i wonder why people are preferring alto over this beauty.