Team-BHP - Mercedes' all inclusive 3 year maintenance packages.
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Mercedes' all inclusive 3 year maintenance packages. (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/80163-mercedes-all-inclusive-3-year-maintenance-packages.html)

Mercedes has now formally introduced the "Star E Package".

It is currently offered on the C and E Class only. To be available for the S Class soon.

Cost:

C Class - Rs. 69,000/-
E Class - Rs. 85,000/-

Coverage is for 3 years or 30,000 kms (whichever is earlier). The package covers your regular car services. The only things it does NOT include are the tyres and brake pads.

Additional points:

- Merc standard warranty is 3 years/ unlimited kms.

- As per info from Merc, the new batch of cars starting May will have a 15,000 kms service interval. Hence, the service package will read 3 years / 45,000 kms from May 2010 onward.

- The prices given above are flat cost for all engines and variants of the C and the E Class.

While this is a good sign, they still need to play lots of catch up with BMW and launch a 5 year service package.
In our case and GTOs case, most of our repairs took place in the 4th year, and most buyers keep their car for 5-7 years, so we really need the 5 year package out pronto.

Also, any insurance plans like the one BMW has?

This does not look impressive at all when compared to BMW's package.

Also, in a normal course I have seen, till the 30,000 kms mark, the only major maintenance cost is the engine oil / labor. So, I guess going with this is not what I would like.
Does the BMW package excludes tires & brake pads too ?

30000 kms is a joke!

boy o boy,looks like the germans are falling over each other to please us!

Quote:

Originally Posted by neeld (Post 1853064)
Does the BMW package excludes tires & brake pads too ?

I think BMW package includes the brake pads too, not sure about the tires.

Dippy, I think these are packages offered by dealer individually and not the company itself as in the case with BMW. It is already available for the S @ 1.5 lakhs. I was informed this by the Shaman sales person when I test drove the new S, he mentioned the packages offered at Autohanger might be a little different.

Why do only May MFD cars come with 15,000km service intervals? A friend of mine just bought a E250, I am sure his car is no different from the may mfd ones so how can one change the service intervals to 15k?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sahil (Post 1853454)
Dippy, I think these are packages offered by dealer individually and not the company itself as in the case with BMW.

Nope, the "Star Packages" are now officially offered by Mercedes (as a company).

Auto Hangar still offers packages of its own. 1.75 lakhs for a C-Class & 2.50 lakhs for an E Class (full coverage for 4 years).

Quote:

Why do only May MFD cars come with 15,000km service intervals? A friend of mine just bought a E250, I am sure his car is no different from the may mfd ones so how can one change the service intervals to 15k?
No difference, and personally, I would NEVER drive 15,000 kms on the same oil. 10K is the max I'm willing to go, even if its an extra oil change at my own cost. Not going to let my engine suffer because of marketing wars.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sahil (Post 1853454)
Dippy, I think these are packages offered by dealer individually and not the company itself as in the case with BMW. It is already available for the S @ 1.5 lakhs. I was informed this by the Shaman sales person when I test drove the new S, he mentioned the packages offered at Autohanger might be a little different.

Sahil

The package which is offered to you by Shaman might be from them itself. I have confirmed that the above packages for the C and the E are from Mercedes itself.

Officially there is no package from Mercedes for the S Class yet.