Team-BHP - Are our opinions about Hyundai changing?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Are our opinions about Hyundai changing? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/8022-our-opinions-about-hyundai-changing-11.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by supremeBaleno
Well, why would you even need to put down your opinion to start an argument ? The link you posted will IMO do the job. :)

Hello, what car you have? If you have any car under the Corolla or Civic range and give it to Jeremy Clarkson for testing you'll commit suicide. Also if you read the article he hasn't made the verdict lonely against Accent. It was for any car from Asia.

Quote:

Originally Posted by esteem_lover
wow ow ow ow maaaan,
dont go overboard here man....trust ur instincts pal, but also drive sensibly. dont push the santro into doing what its not supposed to, it is actually not made for such driving..

Yeah, you are right. But the Santro is a really underrated car in this forum. It is a fantastic city car and more than holds its own on the highway (check out my avatar). Especially its cornering abilities even on stock tyres is much better than what has been made out (provided you maintain your car, check your tyre pressures and wheel alignment/balancing regularly, etc. -- I keep my tyres overinflated to 32-33 psi for highway drives). But I am not pushing my car anymore, because of late I am hearing a slight knocking sound from the steering when taking very sharp curves at speed -- my car has done 32500 kms now -- will have to get that checked at the next service. Continued reliable performance is very important for me on my weekly Mumbai-Pune runs, so don't want to compromise on that by pushing the vehicle too hard.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hawkeye
Check out the pricelists and you will know that dude. The Accent GLE is an excellent VFM as is the Santro XG. However, I would agree that the Accent is a tad dated and the performance is not on par with its Japanese counterparts, but at its price you'll sure be tempted to get it.

They are catching up though.

how cheap is the accent dude..??? i am confused here

Quote:

Originally Posted by adarsh76
Hello, what car you have? If you have any car under the Corolla or Civic range and give it to Jeremy Clarkson for testing you'll commit suicide. Also if you read the article he hasn't made the verdict lonely against Accent. It was for any car from Asia.

Hey hey, cool down, man. I did not say a word about the article and did not approve of it either. All I said was that the article is going to provoke strong reactions. And looks like I have been proven right. :)
I have already posted on this thread about my opinion on Hyundai and that is all there is to it.
BTW, I don't even know who J.Clarkson is and frankly don't even care. I believe in evaluating cars myself, rather than swallowing in totality, what auto-mags have to say.

The article should not provoke reactions. Jeremy clarkson has lot of shock value as an entertainer. If anybody takes his reviews seriously that person should go and have his head examined.
According to Jeremy, all those people who cannot afford to buy Aston Martin should be put in front of a firing squad. Most of the time he talks out of the wrong end, thats what makes him so entertaining.
If you look at all his reviews regarding cars which "low people" buy, and which includes all cars below 10L sold in India today, they all involve either putting them behind jet engines, or blowing them up with dynamite.
And to cool things down, here's how they test cars
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSYlr...7%20top%20gear

Quote:

Originally Posted by rks
-- I keep my tyres overinflated to 32-33 psi for highway drives).

well rks..i think you need to reduce the tyre pressure for highway drives and not the other way round..you'll have improper tyre wear as well as loose control...

err i do not mean to be rude.but generally the old school practise is to reduce pressure by a pound or two for highway drives..

Happy Motoring..:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by esteem_lover
how cheap is the accent dude..??? i am confused here

Check the prices at the hyundai website (www.hyundai.co.in). Please note that these are ex showroom prices. Add another 36000 rupees for on road price.

Quote:

Originally Posted by headers
well rks..i think you need to reduce the tyre pressure for highway drives and not the other way round..you'll have improper tyre wear as well as loose control...

err i do not mean to be rude.but generally the old school practise is to reduce pressure by a pound or two for highway drives..

You are about to find out that the old school was wrong about this one. The practice mentioned by RKS is right. This has been heavily discussed under technical section, try searching. I request members not to discuss this off topic subject here.

Continue the tyre pressure topic here.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO
200mph

You cant simply take a British review that rubbishes an Accent, and expect to make a point. Most apparent would be the fact that this review would be in the British context and totally irrelevant to ours. Consider the quantity and quality of other cars available to them in the same price range. 14 seconds to a 100 may be slow to them, but not to us.

GTO

hey i said that in the very first post that in "some parts of the world it has got a little more to do". i never put it up on the INDIAN context .

i can see the fires blowing against the article already. i never ever supported Clarkson's review all i said was that the HYUNDAI tag was not that popular in that part of the world thats it , or atleast people dont like it. adarsh i never supported rasicm , never did i say it.. i am totally against it to be true.. all are equal according to me. anyways i read that part which you mentioned about were he said cars FROM THAT PART of the world, i think he is a big fan only of euro. cars and nothing else is liked by him.

any ways am not such a great hyundai fan my self to be true but its true they stand for VFM. the santro in its segement has improved a hell lot and one cant deny that i drove a frends 2000 santro and my opinon is that it was a disaster anyways the newer variants have shown a lot of improvement, the lastest version of the xing is a good city car .

When 95 people (Indian public) out of 100 believe that santro is a good car then it is. We indians spot good buys regardless of what the world does.To prove it we have made the santro a hit and put our money behind it and I respect us all for it.

Hyudai has definitely proved its metal in the indian context, though in the international context the guys really regard to drive a hyundai as shame. In the film Fast and Furious3:Tokyo Drift, i came across a comment on hyundai by hann..it was something like this..
"whatdya think i'll let you roll in a hyundai".
So as i said the intl guys regard ridin the hyundai a shame. I previously owned an esteem, now i bought a new Accent CRDi...i just love the engine.
Hyundai rocks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by headers

This is a great way to remove oneself from the gene pool. If you do high speeds on highways, make sure you overinflate the tyres by 1-2psi, not underinflate. Underinflation causes tyre burst. There is an entire thread about this in the Tyres section.

Have owned 3 Hyundai cars till now, from the Santro to the Accent to the Elantra.

Also, have travelled around quite a bit, and tried out all sorts of cars outside India(rentals ofcourse). Have also tried out most cars which came out in India.

And I keep buying Hyundai again and again, however hard people pull my leg for buying only Hyundai. ;-)

Relieved to know that others also feel that Hyundais are good. Atleast, I dont have to keep thinking that there is something wrong with me for liking Hyundai... :-)

And if it is any "relief" to Hyundai lovers here, I see the number of Hyundais increasing drastically on American Freeways. Many Americans also like Hyundai?

Quote:

Originally Posted by tadukuttan
Have owned 3 Hyundai cars till now, from the Santro to the Accent to the Elantra.

Also, have travelled around quite a bit, and tried out all sorts of cars outside India(rentals ofcourse). Have also tried out most cars which came out in India.

And I keep buying Hyundai again and again, however hard people pull my leg for buying only Hyundai. ;-)

Relieved to know that others also feel that Hyundais are good. Atleast, I dont have to keep thinking that there is something wrong with me for liking Hyundai... :-)

And if it is any "relief" to Hyundai lovers here, I see the number of Hyundais increasing drastically on American Freeways. Many Americans also like Hyundai?

Sonata is gaining popularity, and people find it a viable alternative to the Camry/Altima/Accord thingy.
We did almost 600 miles in two days in a Sonata V6(Brand new), the car was rock solid on hilly twisty roads and was immune to crosswinds etc., Very comfortable back seat and passenger seat.