Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th April 2010, 14:05   #1

Maruti to ramp up production - Competition Effect?

Please refer to the article from 'The Hindu'.

The question is, why now?
Apparently Maruti was quite happy in having a wait list for most of its cars. If one has to get the Swift VDi or Dezire, you need to have connections. This topic has been discussed in detail in the forum.

I strongly believe,, the Figo has single handedly managed to push Maruti over the threshold. No doubt, the Beat, Polo, Punto have a share in this, but none had the critical mass to force Maruti's hand. Consumers rejoice.
Old 26th April 2010, 11:30   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Without doubt, the outcome of these 3 new VFM cars:

- Chevrolet Beat
- Ford Figo
- Tata Manza

Wait periods = Lost sales, not everyone has the patience to wait out a couple of months for delivery.
Old 26th April 2010, 13:59   #3
Senior - BHPian

I think waiting period is due to the Diesel engine manufacturing unit. On the article it doesn't say that.
Old 26th April 2010, 14:52   #4
BHPian

I will only be happy when there are 0 wait periods for all cars. I still dont get why there should be any waiting involved at all. Is it something like fresh food ? Cooked after order? Developed nations have managed to avoid this problem , nor do the consumers there face the problem of buying dated products (cars built since more than a few months and sitting in warehouses). Obviously its a mis-match of demand supply, needs to be fixed by the car makers. Its great to see how competition is pushing the leaders to react too. Maruti has realised if they dont pull up their socks now, it may be too late.
Old 26th April 2010, 16:46   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takumi-san View Post
I will only be happy when there are 0 wait periods for all cars. I still dont get why there should be any waiting involved at all. Is it something like fresh food ? Cooked after order? Developed nations have managed to avoid this problem , nor do the consumers there face the problem of buying dated products (cars built since more than a few months and sitting in warehouses). Obviously its a mis-match of demand supply, needs to be fixed by the car makers. Its great to see how competition is pushing the leaders to react too. Maruti has realised if they dont pull up their socks now, it may be too late.
I think there was a discussion on this sometime back.HERE

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks