Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th March 2006, 13:53   #196

I did not expect Team BHP to officially take up a protest. But if some of the visitors here, esp owners of Tata cars, do that on their own.. As a discussion forum ideas may be exchanged which the forum itself is not responsible for, unless they are outright illegal. Peaceful protest is quite legal and even encouraged in a democracy, and if the TV crew from say Aaj Tak happened to be around it would be very effective too. If only one knew where to begin.

There are cases of many web forums that have taken quite activist roles in the past. So I'm guessing its just the Team BHP policy to not be activist rather than a legal problem.
Old 27th March 2006, 14:22   #197
Team-BHP Support

I agree with your comments. Peaceful protest is quite legal and members having TATA cars can do this...As long as team-bhp name is not there.
Old 30th March 2006, 09:27   #198
BHPian

[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haque
Good to know that the matter is now before a court. However, do note that the courts rely on the evidence and the arguments presented before them to provide a judgement.
Next hearing on 3rd April,2006. I have to file the evidence along with an affidavit.

So long...

Last edited by varunroy : 30th March 2006 at 09:37.
Old 30th March 2006, 19:08   #199
rkg
Senior - BHPian

see today's hindu/TOI. supreme court asked maruti to replace the car and pay Rs 50000 compensation to a maruti 800 owner form J&K. as per the news the car developed gear box problem which the dealer in jk could not rectify and maruti asked him to go to karnal where the maruti delaer refused to service it eventough it is in waraanty period. then he approached high court and later supreme. since the trouble occured within warranty period court asked maruti to replace it( if i remember it correctly)
Old 31st March 2006, 15:45   #200
BHPian

Thank you

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkg
see today's hindu/TOI. supreme court asked maruti to replace the car and pay Rs 50000 compensation to a maruti 800 owner form J&K. as per the news the car developed gear box problem which the dealer in jk could not rectify and maruti asked him to go to karnal where the maruti delaer refused to service it eventough it is in waraanty period. then he approached high court and later supreme. since the trouble occured within warranty period court asked maruti to replace it( if i remember it correctly)
Thanks rkg. Shall be grateful if you could give the page Number of this news . I have seen the TOI but could not locate it. Anyway thanks a million.

So long....
Old 31st March 2006, 15:50   #201
BHPian

Hey Varun,
3 more days to go. Best of luck!!!

Godspeed.

Alok.
Old 31st March 2006, 16:03   #202
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunroy
Thanks rkg. Shall be grateful if you could give the page Number of this news . I have seen the TOI but could not locate it. Anyway thanks a million.

So long....

Hi Varun,

IF i recollect, this item pertains to a case that was decided a couple of months ago. if so, u could do the following:

If you or any of your friends knows a lawyer, ask them to look for this judgement in Supreme Court Cases or All India Reports or Cosumer Cases Digest.

Most lawyers get these journals and if the case is reported in hte press, the chances are that it would have been reported in the journal as well.

A copy of the entire case as reproduced int he Journal would be binding on the consumer courts since it is a SC judgement. They may not give any weightage to merely a newspaper clipping.
If you need any help, please get in touch with me on himanshu_goswami@xxxxxxxxxx or on xxxxxxxxxxx. I will be glad to be of any help.

Last edited by Rehaan : 12th May 2017 at 10:20. Reason: Removing contact details, as per our discussion.
Old 31st March 2006, 18:25   #203
Team-BHP Support

Varun... 3 more days... BOL buddy. I hope your case creates a history.
Old 31st March 2006, 20:16   #204
LLL
BHPian

Best of Luck!! your victory is essential to make auto cos situp and take notice of customer grieviances.
Old 31st March 2006, 22:35   #205
BHPian

[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkg
see today's hindu/TOI. supreme court asked maruti to replace the car and pay Rs 50000 compensation to a maruti 800 owner form J&K.
The article was published in page 7 of yesterday's Times of India . The Head lines read " SC Raps Maruti for faulty car " thank you for the info.

So long.

Last edited by varunroy : 31st March 2006 at 22:37.
Old 31st March 2006, 22:44   #206
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLL
Best of Luck!! your victory is essential to make auto cos situp and take notice of customer grieviances.
I need all your good wishes. Hopefully, Truth shall pervail and I think everyone in the Autumobile industry would wake up and learn to value their customers. The fooling game has been going on too long.

So long.
Old 31st March 2006, 22:46   #207
Senior - BHPian

All the best. If this come to fruition, I will be proud that a few of us played a small role in bringing justice.

Go for it!
Old 31st March 2006, 23:43   #208
BHPian

A big big role

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r
All the best. If this come to fruition, I will be proud that a few of us played a small role in bringing justice.

Go for it!
By no means a small role but a BIG BIG one for which I can't thank you enough.

So long....
Old 4th April 2006, 08:57   #209
BHPian

Updates on my case.

The case has been posted to 10.04.2006 on my request, since my lawyers were busy with another case outside Bangalore.

I have consulted my Lawyers about putting up the proceedings of the case on this forum and the good news is that I can do so. I can even put up the information ( posters ) on the car, which I had put earlier during the Vahan Yatra period, because those were hard facts supported by documents.

So long....
Old 10th April 2006, 22:34   #210
BHPian

[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by varunroy
The case has been posted to 10.04.2006 on my request, since my lawyers were busy with another case outside Bangalore.

Hi everyone,

The lawyers for Tatas did not appear today. I have filed a detailed Affidavit with all facts and supporting documents. The next date is 18.04.06 when the arguments will start. Should be interesting from now on.

On the workshop front, these guys have changed the Front power window regulator RH and the Speedometer assy. In the mean while the Power window regulator LH is broken.

In the court, the tatas have claimed that;

1. I have been spoiling these( power windows regulator ) because of
misuse and bad handling. Now
everyone knows that these are internal components that are operated
by a switch.
2. The Brake liners that were replaced at 4000 Kms were also due to
excessive braking and had to be replaced because they were worn out.
But surprisingly the front brake pads and the tyres are not worn out.
3. Even the Jack was damaged by me.
4. The Lumber support have a cable mechanism that break due to
enormous jerks caused by applying sudden brakes.
5. The clutch Plates and clutch parts were changed only because I had
arm twisted them into changing them.
6. Body tilt of 35mm is normal according to them.
7. They have denied that the rear springs were replaced even though this
has been mentioned in the Service Manual.
8. The Starter motor was not overhauled, while thier computer statement
shows this was done.
9. They have denied the No. of visits to the Workshop even when their
own Job cards show these visits.
10. The seatbelts that were changed 4 times never had any problems.
11. The power steering gearbox costing about 30K was never replaced,
all this when their statement says "Replaced Pwr Str gear Box provided
by RANE". Steering column assy. replaced twice also denied.
12. Total cost of replacements made so far to the tune of Rs. 1,50,000/-
was also denied by them.

So long....

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks