Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th April 2006, 14:35   #241
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche_fan
there've been two landmark judgements in two days against customer harrassment (IA to refund pass. for delayed flight) and poor product quality (PEPSI-for the foriegn object found in a bottle)...that should be quite encouraging for you...best of luck for the fifth!

The foreign object in the PEPSI bottle was a condom. I wonder if someone had been having a relationship with a PEPSI bottle.

Wow Varun you really put them in their spot. Good arguements.
Old 27th April 2006, 14:44   #242
BHPian

[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsjey

This kind of describes the quality of the tata product. However ,by sharing your experiences you've done a great service to all who are reading this thread. There is a lot of learnings for all here. Even, if you are right it takes a lot of effort, courage and gumption to get justice.
Once the ORDERS are passed I shall put the entire Procedure, happenings, my Complaint, The OPS response, and the entire works that have happened. It would go a long way in understanding my case and for other to be exposed to the wily ways of the manufacturers.

Thank you for the good wishes.

So long....
Old 27th April 2006, 14:56   #243

Wow, Varun! This is fantastic news. You have put your arguments like a true professional. It's soon going to be payback time by tatas to a harassed customer.

A lesson for all of us. Must keep all the documents. All the time.

Waiting eagerly for the verdict on 5th...
Old 27th April 2006, 15:21   #244
Senior - BHPian

Way to go Varun!

Wish u all the best for the 5th.

God Speed.

Keep us posted!
Old 27th April 2006, 15:50   #245
BHPian

Hey Varun,

All the best, I'm sure you will win which you very much deserve.. Was really nice to hear those arguments and counter arguments.. People should be ashamed to tell that you have forged all these things etc.. Well looking at this, hope the judgement is passed in a way that it is remembered for long.. Eagerly waiting to hear from you (on that date)..

Last edited by Laxminarayan : 27th April 2006 at 15:52.
Old 27th April 2006, 16:03   #246
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Excellent! I do hope that those pathetic Tata reps walk home crying on the 5th of May.

And you celebrate...

GTO
Old 27th April 2006, 16:12   #247
BHPian

This is fantastic stuff. It's about time we all stood up and fought for justice. These multi billion dollar companies cannot take us for granted. the reason they have acheived sucess is because of us, the customers. Way to go Varun. I appreciate the way you have handled this.
Old 27th April 2006, 16:14   #248
BHPian

What a way to put across the argument. Varun you have all points covered . This is an open and shut case.

We shall celebrate on 5th.

This is an eye opener for guys like me who take things lying down and curse fate. Tremendous effort

All the best
Old 27th April 2006, 16:14   #249
BANNED

Man, Ratan Tata owes you his Mercedes after all the crap they've put you through. I sincerely hope justice is done on May 5th.

Best of luck!
Old 27th April 2006, 16:54   #250
Team-BHP Support

You know what? It is not about a company and its poor quality products. Even the best of them produce lemons at times. It shows how bad the attitude of the company is. The worst thing is it is all because the people who are there in the legal department of the company and other such key areas have to earn their keeps. One Mr. Tata may not have even heard of the whole thing.

Initially it was the Manager (Service and Support) who probably failed to acknowledge as that would have caused his KRAs to go for a toss and cause him a professional failure. Then when it reached a stage where Varun started asking for a refund on the car it became an issue between the production and line managers etc besides the finance guys and all... Again the same problems. They were interested on preventing their own turf and not the reputation of the Tatas. And now that a case has been slapped on them the legal cell will try and do everything, by hook or by crook, to earn its keep.

At the cost of sounding demoralizing one has gotta ackowledge that these buggers bank on the creaking legal infrastructure of this country. They know that they can go on filling appeal after appeal and the things can keep rolling for decades. See Dr. Pullockaran's case.

Bloody once they loose everywhere, in all foras, all those buggers should be put on a line and given a kick on their butt and thrown out of the company for having caused so much bad publicity for the company. In fact there should be a way to ensure that they do not get a similar job anywhere else for being irresponsible and callous.

Last edited by Zappo : 27th April 2006 at 16:56.
Old 27th April 2006, 17:02   #251
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
And now that a case has been slapped on them the legal cell will try and do everything, by hook or by crook, to earn its keep.
HEY! I am in the legal department of a company as well!

But seriously, what u say is true. Most lawyers would do anything to win a case. Guess that is what we are apid for!
Old 27th April 2006, 17:20   #252
Team-BHP Support

The problem in India is that if you win the case even then you lose.
Lets say the court orders Tata/any other manufacturer to pay the cost of the car and 10% interest + few thousands in litigation costs. So now tata has to pay around 7L odd to the complainant.
Whats 7L to tata. If there are 10 such cases lost by tata it is 70L /annum. So they dont really care,
Now look at the individual. So much time spent, The guy does not have a legal dept etc., The personal cost is huge.

Lets say a large company sells 5000 cars a month. Out of these 5000 10 are lemons. Replace these 10 cars = 50Lakh/month. But dont do that and see the consumer in court, you loose around 70L/year.

Contrast this with the US. The court would order a million dollars for mental agony. In india mental agony costs 5000rs only, so thats why big corporations dont mind.

As for reputation, in the end people buy cars they want too. How many people on TBHP itself did not buy Tata due to this case? And how many people among Tata's customers read TBHP?

These are the factors which lead to big corporations abusing the system. They have an army of lawyers whom they pay monthly, so they dont mind going to court. Its not that some senior official of the company will be arrested for lying in court.
Old 27th April 2006, 17:25   #253
Senior - BHPian

[quote=tsk1979] How many people on TBHP itself did not buy Tata due to this case? And how many people among Tata's customers read TBHP?

Dude! I can tell u for sure that though I have an Indca Turbo right now, I am in the process of selling it. One thing is for sure, that I am never buying a Tata car in the near future at least (next 3-5 years). And part of this decision is due to what Varun has gone through.

I may be moving to Bangalore soon and while initially I had considered buying an Indigo/Xeta as a car there, I will probably go in for a swift in BLR.

So Varun's fight is not in vain. Tata has at least lost one customer. (Whether they care or not is a different matter! )
Old 27th April 2006, 17:43   #254
BANNED

Tsk, if enough people win cases and the verdicts are publicised in the papers, then more people will realise that they can stand up too, and will come forward and lodge cases. Also, each victory sets a legal precedent for future cases, thus improving the chances of a favourable verdict.

Hopefully that will force companies to change their attitude towards bullying the consumer.
Old 27th April 2006, 17:46   #255

Varun,

Good luck for the "Judgement Day".

Iam Sure everything will fall in your way on May 5th.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks