Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st August 2006, 17:37   #346
GTO
Team-BHP Support

I can vouch for Mr. Saxenas services. He is fabulous in the consumer protection field.
Old 1st August 2006, 20:24   #347
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO
I can vouch for Mr. Saxenas services. He is fabulous in the consumer protection field.
Just to refresh everyones memory, The NOTICE sent on 17th November, 2005 to The Chairman, Tata Motors was sent by Mr. Arun Saxena, President, ICRPC, himself. I have been in constant touch with him and it is only because of his guidance that the case could be brought to the Judgement stage so fast. He has gone through my entire file ( also sent to GTO ) and he was of the opinion that I have a stong case against the TATAS.

And for all this, I have to thank GTO, without whom I would never have heard of Mr. Saxena. In fact GTO will be the first one to know about the outcome and then Team-bhp.

So long....
Old 2nd August 2006, 18:20   #348
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunroy
Just to refresh everyones memory,

So long....
OOPS.. Sorry.. This story has gotten so long (courtesy TATA) that we started losing track..
Proves that the world is indeed round..

All the best for 11th..
Old 6th August 2006, 18:04   #349
BHPian

need you HONEST advice

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinbhag
For further clarifications you may contact:
Sri.ARUN SAXENA
International Consumer Rights Protection Council
B-9/55, Vijay Nagari, P.O. Kasarvadavali,
Thane (West) 400601 Mumbai - India
Telephone: 91(022) 25972605, Cell: 9819598004, E-mail: mail@icrpc.org
E-mail ID: consumerhelp@sify.com, consumerguidance@yahoo.com , icrpc@rediffmail.com, mail@icrpc.org, complaint@icrpc.org
Website: [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]http://www.icrpc.org[/COLOR
I spoke to Mr. Saxena some time back and was glad to hear that ICPRC is coming out with a TV serial showing us about the harassment caused to consumers by the manufacturers/service providers, which will be aired on STAR PLUS shortly. He said if I wished he could include my case also, if I desired some publicity. Just waiting for the verdict to be out.

I would like to know what my fellow friends on team-bhp think about it. Should I take the initiative and report about the outcome on this show and also in the other Newspapers, should the verdict be in my favour. Common guys, just pour out your thoughts.

So long....
Old 6th August 2006, 20:36   #350
Distinguished - BHPian

Varun, since your case is in progress, and has already come so far, I feel you could do it after the judgement is passed.
Old 7th August 2006, 09:05   #351

Varun,

I doubt if the judgement would be delivered anytime soon, despite the promised date. Four months have passed since the judgement of a closed case is expected. Something fishy! Even if the judgement goes in your favour, Tatas will appeal and it will drag on for years. Whatever happens Tatas will not learn any lesson. Going to media is the only way to make them feel the pinch. Remember you started the same way... by demonstrating your case to the public. So I would strongly suggest that any opportunity to showcase to the media should not be missed. Bringing the truth out in the open should not be considered going against the justice system, but in case your lawyer feels otherwise, a memorundum can be submitted to the court in advance to keep them informed.

My 2 cents.
Old 7th August 2006, 22:21   #352
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by condor
Varun, since your case is in progress, and has already come so far, I feel you could do it after the judgement is passed.
Thats what I have mentioned " should the verdict be in my favour " Should I or shouldn't I take the initiative of publicising in the media.

[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dchak
I doubt if the judgement would be delivered anytime soon, despite the promised date. Four months have passed since the judgement of a closed case is expected. Something fishy! Even if the judgement goes in your favour, Tatas will appeal and it will drag on for years. Whatever happens Tatas will not learn any lesson. Going to media is the only way to make them feel the pinch. Remember you started the same way... by demonstrating your case to the public. So I would strongly suggest that any opportunity to showcase to the media should not be missed. Bringing the truth out in the open should not be considered going against the justice system, but in case your lawyer feels otherwise, a memorundum can be submitted to the court in advance to keep them informed.

dchak, your fears are unfounded. I not only sure but convinced that the delay in the Judgement is only due to genuine reason of bad health of the Hon'ble Judge. My case was complicated in the sense that there were too many technical details to be dealt with and I feel it is only fair that the Hon'ble Judge who heard my ARGUEMENTS pronounce the final verdict. I also know that the present Judge realises this fact and therefore doesn't want to intrude in this case in the interest of JUSTICE.

As far as the delay is concerned and also that Tatas would appeal at the higher courts may ultimately delay, but not alter the outcome. I strongly believe that, all that happens is for the good and this delay will also become favourable to my cause. Thank you for suggesting that I should not miss any oppurtunity to publicise this issue. I also feel the same way but it important for me to know whether other members think alike.

So long....

Last edited by varunroy : 7th August 2006 at 22:22.
Old 7th August 2006, 22:57   #353
BHPian

I would also suggest that if you have a chance use it. You may also help various other people and probably Tata's may also learn something. I do not see any reason not to go in for it.
Old 9th August 2006, 13:54   #354
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by anupamsinha
I would also suggest that if you have a chance use it. You may also help various other people and probably Tata's may also learn something. I do not see any reason not to go in for it.
I also feel that Anupamsinha is right. Don't miss any oppourtunities to give your case a widespread exposure. The more people who come to know of it, the better. Why don't you send photocopies of the Judgement ( whenever that comes) to each and every publication you can think of. Don't forget to write to Auto mags.

God bless.
Old 9th August 2006, 20:10   #355
BHPian

I have read all the posts from start to finish right now, and my best wishes are with you Varun. Take this good fight to its logical conclusion and try to highlight your trials & tribulations in any forum possible. In today's day and age such behaviour is JUST NOT ACCEPTABLE!!

All the very best for the judgement. My hopes and wishes are with you. Just a suggestion....when you do get the judgement in your favour, dont' let the matter end there. Publicise the judgement as much as you can...again in any forum you find.

Best wishes once again
Old 9th August 2006, 21:51   #356
Distinguished - BHPian

Not just Tatas ..

Varun, I am not sure about the publicity part, but your case could be featured to help create awareness about the rights of the customer. Companies need to understand that they cannot take consumers for a ride, even more so in genuine cases like yours.

I would like to digress a bit on things here. IMHO, the problem is not with/about Tata Motors alone. I am not denying any of the pain, and the problems that you have experienced. I, like every one here, want the case to be in your favor. Like I have mentioned earlier, I too had a problem with my Victa, but fortunately, it was resolved. I really hurts to have a vehicle that has problems.

But come to think of it, it is more to do with the way we Indians think and do things.

To quote an example, I picked up one of the higher end microwave oven models from Panasonic recently. They had promised a demo, but no one turned up. It took me a few calls to get them to come in. When they did come in, the guys who came in didnt know much about it except to repeat out of rote, what the buttons were for. But what took the cake is that the lamp had fused, and the demo guys didnt even acknowledge it. I had to make lot of calls to their managers before it was finally taken care of.

Coming back to the Indian auto industry, we have had other instances, discussed here, about how the dealers have treated customers. These wouldnt have happened so easily if it wasnt for the way we Indians do things with the "chalta hai" attitude.

I am not saying that there no un-scruplous elements any where else, nor do I say that things like cheating happens only here in our country. It hurts when I start to think of what we, as a nation could have been, but are still a long way off ..
Old 9th August 2006, 22:16   #357
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by condor
Varun, I am not sure about the publicity part, but your case could be featured to help create awareness about the rights of the customer. Companies need to understand that they cannot take consumers for a ride, even more so in genuine cases like yours.

I would like to digress a bit on things here. IMHO, the problem is not with/about Tata Motors alone. I am not denying any of the pain, and the problems that you have experienced. I, like every one here, want the case to be in your favor. Like I have mentioned earlier, I too had a problem with my Victa, but fortunately, it was resolved. I really hurts to have a vehicle that has problems.

But come to think of it, it is more to do with the way we Indians think and do things.

To quote an example, I picked up one of the higher end microwave oven models from Panasonic recently. They had promised a demo, but no one turned up. It took me a few calls to get them to come in. When they did come in, the guys who came in didnt know much about it except to repeat out of rote, what the buttons were for. But what took the cake is that the lamp had fused, and the demo guys didnt even acknowledge it. I had to make lot of calls to their managers before it was finally taken care of.

Coming back to the Indian auto industry, we have had other instances, discussed here, about how the dealers have treated customers. These wouldnt have happened so easily if it wasnt for the way we Indians do things with the "chalta hai" attitude.

I am not saying that there no un-scruplous elements any where else, nor do I say that things like cheating happens only here in our country. It hurts when I start to think of what we, as a nation could have been, but are still a long way off ..
Dear condor,
I can't express how happy I am to read your postings. I have always insisted that unless we stand up for what we are entitled to, things won't change. One should act and behave in a manner that no 3 party should take advantage of you or your ignorance. As a resposible youth of this country I take pride in Varun's action. He has shown us how to fight for a cause, regardless of whom you are dealing with, as long as you feel your rights have been ignored. The way he has preserved/maintained his documents and without showing disrespect and by calling a spade a spade he has made it clear as to what he thinks of his opponents. His correspondence with the Tatas and Manipal Motors which he has shared with all of us would most definitely help us all sometime in future.

I consider it my previledge to be a part of a family that has like minded members as you.

God bless.
Old 10th August 2006, 19:07   #358
BHPian

Good luck for the judgement day.
Old 11th August 2006, 20:11   #359
BHPian

Thanks mahadev,

It was the same old story today. Without going into the details, the next date was announced. 5th of September.

While the case was going on the dates were at an interval of a week or 10 days at the most, but now that the whole thing has wound up and the case is at the verdict stage the dates are almost a month apart.

The Honb'le Judge who heard my case and was expected to report back to work on the 16th has now extended his leave and is expected to resume work only on the 1st of Sept. I hope its the September of 2006.

So long....
Old 15th August 2006, 00:58   #360
Max
BHPian

<trolling> Varun, If I were judge in your case, I would have fined TATA MOTORS atleast 4 Million rupees as compensation for pains and mental torcher you are went through due to lemon piece supplied by tatas. This should have set example to multinational companies that they can not and should not take consumers for granted IN INDIA for such high price product (they don't dare do such kind of practice in america and EU)</trolling>

Varun, IMO you should contact your lawyer and if he permits you should publicize your case in media (if you personally feel its okay).

edit: btw, Happy Independence Day to ALL.

Last edited by Max : 15th August 2006 at 01:00.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks