Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th October 2006, 19:27   #391
BHPian

Hi everyone,

The case has been posted for re-arguments on 25.10.2006. Most probably, the hon,ble Judge wants to refresh his memory.

So long....
Old 6th October 2006, 10:03   #392
BHPian

Oh God!!! Varun... hats off to you for your patience! I would have personally gone and strangled the judge for all the mental agony he's causing you!

Godspeed,

Alok
Old 6th October 2006, 10:33   #393
BHPian

Man, Varun you got some patience. My case was on the 4th but due to the "bundh" I am yet to know of the "re-posted" date. Its usually put forward by 3 weeks.
Good luck to you. If by chance my case is also on the 25th maybe I will bump into you.

Suhas
Old 6th October 2006, 11:05   #394
BHPian

Another lemon from Tata Motors

This news was in Times Of India todays edition Page 9

"Tata Motors Ltd fined Rs 7.65 lakh for selling defective car "

Deepu
Old 6th October 2006, 14:29   #395
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepug
This news was in Times Of India todays edition Page 9

"Tata Motors Ltd fined Rs 7.65 lakh for selling defective car "

Deepu
Varun,

I suggest you should try and get in touch with the owners of the cars, who got awarded these amounts. There are a few cases listed in this thread itself. Maybe these lucky souls are doing something different / right.

It does not seem like matter of course that your case has been postponed so many times. Are you even keeping track of the postponements?

All the best.

Gears,
Red-One.
Old 6th October 2006, 16:50   #396
Senior - BHPian

This is getting extremely ridiculous! I don't know what pleasure our government, babus and even many private sector companies get from these constant postponements.
Old 21st October 2006, 09:37   #397
BHPian

Greetings of the season

POst Deleted by the Team-BHP Support. PLease post only material that is relevant to this thread, instead of unnecessarily trying to bump it up.

Last edited by GTO : 21st October 2006 at 18:17.
Old 26th October 2006, 01:16   #398
BHPian

typical indian judicial 'proccedure',

its a pity that tata motors is taking such a stand by first taking the leaving the case to prolong this far,i wish mr ravi kant could see this thread,being a person of huge marketing accumen he can realise that its not just a case of one tata sumo and its dis-gruntled owner,

tata have always reached 'reasonable quality status' on its every product through thousands of guinea pigs(read customers)experimenting and paying full asking price for it in process!!!

they shoul be thank full to such hardy patriotic souls who i doubt would show such exemplary patience with other manufacturers,
its painfull to see anyone who has reposed trust in a product and he runs between pillar and post to get what is his right,
i have a letter written in response to 'feedback'sent by us in which he himself admit's that tata has a long way to go and a lot of ground to cover before they reach standards set by their rivals,
now is this how they reward people who support them reach that?i will upload the letter shortly,

iam hoping our friend get's a favourable judgement in his case,and iam hoping tata do not invoke their ego and learn a lesson from this.
Old 26th October 2006, 12:50   #399
Senior - BHPian

that was very bold way of protest and rather more effective.did the tata guys respond after this .imagine the number of times the owner would have approached the dealer for a solution and frustration involved to do this.
ram
Old 26th October 2006, 12:56   #400
Senior - BHPian

Having read Varun's case at length, I am beginning to wonder if TATA should re-assess or totally overhaul its quality control department. These cars come with a factory 'quality checked' sticker. So one has to question what they actually do during this process..

Let me also point out that I have heard and seen many Indicas having similar gearbox problems, parts falling off, poor plastic quality etc. I have heard accounts where Tata quietly dealt with it by appeasing the customer directly involved.

To the best of my knowledge, no Indian auto company has ever 'recalled' a batch of cars to have the fault repaired for free. Although I have heard of manufacturers calling in cars for free 'updates' for ECU re-mapping and such things.

TATA is renowned for its ethical values.(or is it the lack of it these days?!) Why not take the bold move of a recall if there is a genuine problem ? Ford did it when things got bad over the Firestone tyres issue a few years back.

Or is Tata scared that its fortunes could mirror those of Ford, whose stock has been on the decline ever since that issue.
Old 29th October 2006, 12:53   #401
Max
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max
varun, i shown this thread to one more friend and he cancelled his decision to buy indigo after reading this thread instead he will now be waiting for new accent launch. also, now after 2 years tata indicom lawyer has sent me letter asking for disputed amount to be paid within 15 days or else they will disclose my default information (please note i never made any default!) to income tax, other telecom company, credit card companies, government authorities, banks etc., etc.!!! 2 years back I purchased tata indicom connection and at the time I subscribed for unlimited internet plan (note internet never worked) but they keep billing me under normal plan. I called customer support more then 20+ times and they assured me this will be fixed, I even wrote 2 letters asking for correction in bills and visited tata indicom gallery 2 times but they never corrected my bill and in the end I cancelled the phone.

Now after 2 years they are telling me that they will disclose my information violating my privacy for their own mistake. TATA group of companies are just harassing us Indians. After all this its making me sick and I don't feel like dealing with any TATA company any further.
varun my friend is going for verna. will ask him to post an review once he got his car later this year or may be in jan 2007.
Old 29th October 2006, 15:40   #402
BHPian

What happened with Varun Roy is Bad..! But that does not hold true for the entire company or the Product. Irrespective of the outcome, TATA is a good Value For Money and Will continue selling in the Market..!

Tell me one company that does not suffer issues like these...Ford Did..We have a thread on that, Maruti did..We again have a SWIFT complain thread..!

The Innova had an ECU recall...did they advertise this publically..No one does...and here we are questioning a Defect from Toyota...!

Consumer Courts in Delhi asked Maruti Suzuki and Ganga Motors ( Green Park, Now a closed dealer) to pay 7 Lakhs compensation to a female from Sainik Farms for a Faulty Maruti 800 purchased in 1993..and she got the claim now in 2006..Maruti said dealer sold used vehicle and dealer denied the same..So You stop buying a Maruti.

Hyundai Elantra had come with Black look Headlamps and after feedback from consumers offered a free replacement to clear type headlamps. So is Hyundai the Only company in India to advertise a Recall..!

I'm a Happy TATA XETA owner, and I had gone through Varun's thread long before I intended to buy a second car..!

Blind Following is not neccessarily the Right thing...! Suggest people look at a product, dealer and resolve any issue pre-purchase and post purchase..!

Last edited by wolfinstein : 29th October 2006 at 15:48.
Old 29th October 2006, 19:07   #403
BHPian

Wolfinstein

Probably the problem is not with a faulty peice of car, rather with the attitude of the dealer/ manufacturer. The major problem being our society not providing any protection to buyers against lemons.

One feels more comfortable with a dealer or manufacturer who sees the problem and offers help (like Hyundai to some extent did).

I think the problem is with the system lacking consumer protection, inturn encourages the dealer/ manufacturers to behave randomly on a case by case basis.

forgot to add, thats one hell of a way to show displeasure.
Old 2nd November 2006, 18:34   #404
Max
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfinstein
What happened with Varun Roy is Bad..! But that does not hold true for the entire company or the Product. Irrespective of the outcome, TATA is a good Value For Money and Will continue selling in the Market..!

Tell me one company that does not suffer issues like these...Ford Did..We have a thread on that, Maruti did..We again have a SWIFT complain thread..!

The Innova had an ECU recall...did they advertise this publically..No one does...and here we are questioning a Defect from Toyota...!

Consumer Courts in Delhi asked Maruti Suzuki and Ganga Motors ( Green Park, Now a closed dealer) to pay 7 Lakhs compensation to a female from Sainik Farms for a Faulty Maruti 800 purchased in 1993..and she got the claim now in 2006..Maruti said dealer sold used vehicle and dealer denied the same..So You stop buying a Maruti.

Hyundai Elantra had come with Black look Headlamps and after feedback from consumers offered a free replacement to clear type headlamps. So is Hyundai the Only company in India to advertise a Recall..!

I'm a Happy TATA XETA owner, and I had gone through Varun's thread long before I intended to buy a second car..!

Blind Following is not neccessarily the Right thing...! Suggest people look at a product, dealer and resolve any issue pre-purchase and post purchase..!
why you are backing up TATA motors?. Instead of repetitive complains from 10's of people from different cities about varuns problem, no one from tata motors bother to even acknowledge our emails. Is this what TATA Motors all about. Okay, whatever, xyz, they should atleast response saying they will look into it!. Is that diffcult for the company where probably 10,000's people work!. Are people at TATA so dumb they even can't read emails ? or they don't check emails ? or what !. What does this all show about TATA Motors???? Tata motors is bad company ran by bunch of irresponsible people and if possible, their products should be avoided.

In Nov 2 2006 times of india page 23 (times business) they have shown sales figures for October 2006. No wonder where Honda, Maruti, Hyundai and others have managed to have growth in sales figure tata's sales has declined by 3% as compared to last years same month sales. No wonder its because TATA makes inferior quality vehicles backed by bad customer support as in case of varun. TATAs really need one more department called "Customer Relations" where customers are not treated like dogs and thiefs like they are treating varun.

------ BURNING RUBBER -------
Festive seasons saw automobile companies posting impressive sales figures in October

CARS 2005 sales 2006 sales change
Maruti 50308 55894 +11%
Hyundai 15765 18603 +18%
Tata Motors 17208 16726 -3%
General Motors 2829 3153 +11%
Ford 1376 3336 +142%
Honda 1256 5566 +343%
M&M 12251 11789 -4%
Skoda 990 1062 +7%

This is abstract from Times of India.

I really feel frustrated when someone back big corporates for their wrong doings by comparing problems of other companies. Is this Indian corporates all about?

Last edited by Max : 2nd November 2006 at 18:46.
Old 2nd November 2006, 20:25   #405
Senior - BHPian

I don't wanna start another controversy, but I feel Tata has a long way to go in terms of making real cars, what runs on our roads are modes of transport merely. I have had first hand experience with a Tata Indica both Diesel and petrol.
The present Diesel turbo is still okay as it is not a sluggish bear as the older ones. But the fit and finish and above all handling is totally hopeless, and i don't have words to describe how bad it is, an Indica will go sideways rather than dig into the ground when you brake hard on a straight above 100 KMPH, no matter how good you are with the brakes and gears, it wont help. As I said they have a long way to go.

Tata makes okay family cars for Indian roads with decent features at the price, so it sells, very very few of us truly drive the car to see it's true potential on the road.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks