Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd November 2006, 13:55   #406
Max
BHPian

blueraven316 question here is not how good is TATA in making cars and all, the question is about company ethics and business practices. No matter what kind of cars they make, if consumer buy their product they should provide support for it. If they delivered some lemon piece they should accept it and provide an replacement car. What is so difficult in that. If they have lot of money to spend on lawyers etc., can't they just replace the car and be good with it?

Okay, lets " assume " varun is not fully right here but what about many emails from us to multiple TATA officials asking for explanation?.

I sent an email to Honda customer support and did received reply within 8 hours. Thats what i call customer support. Tatas not only need to learn how to improve their cars but also need to learn how to treat their customers (support is another thing!).
Old 4th November 2006, 18:28   #407
BHPian

I agree, its dealer who are at fault but give consideration that manufaturer is responsible for making sure they have right dealers and they encourage the right behaviour and culture. The current set of dealers - have little diligence in terms of how they operate, they seem take it for granted that everyone has so much time standing around the vehicle and keep checking if they are doing the right job and point out things that needs to be taken care of by default. Its not they do not want to do a get right job but I guess its attidue and culture.

I have spent so much time in just making sure my Indigo Marina is serviced the right way - however most of the time - its handed over leaving some areas not done properly and response is always is "sir we are sorry, come back any time we will rectify it etc" but they miss one critical point that our lives do not revlove around car and we have other things to take care of. I can' afford to spend all my free time standing in their workshop and talking to 100 ppl explaining the same problem again'n again - ITS SO FRAUSTATING - I think its not worth calling 100 ppl everytime there is minor issue that needs to be taken off...

Running a process is fine thing but making sure that its done properly every time is another thing...I think it will take tata motors another 4-5 years to reach the level of maturity maruti and Hyundai have already reached.
Old 4th November 2006, 18:37   #408
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max
blueraven3 ......
Okay, lets " assume " varun is not fully right here but what about many emails from us to multiple TATA officials asking for explanation?.

I sent an email to Honda customer support and did received reply within 8 hours. Thats what i call customer support.
1. They will not reply to you about someone else's problems, especially when the matter is sub-judice. I get replies to ANY issue from Tata Motors, but they've mentioned a very studied silence whenever I ask about this particular issue.

2. My first complaint by email to Tata Motors was replied to in 15 minutes. I was in Dubai and therefore didnt want to call them, but I got a call from their Regiional Manager for Service within 8 hours. My issue was addressed promptly.

I do not have any special 'vasta' (sorry thats arabic for 'influence') with Tata Motors, nor am I a VIP or a son or relative of one. I have received EXCELLENT support from them till date. And this is not dealer specific - both RF Motors in Cochin and Prerna in Bangalore have been equally good in support, though Prerna have sent the car back with some scratches on window film and some other such minor issues on a couple of occassions - I am willing to forgive them for that after having seen the sheer volume they handle every day. That includes hordes of Call Centre vehicles that have to be serviced super-fast IN BETWEEN pick-ups and drops.

I am not saying that Tata are always right, but they have been extremely proactive in my particular case.

Let us therefore wait till there is a judgement in this case, instead of passing judgement ourselves.
Old 4th November 2006, 18:52   #409
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek.singh.73
Running a process is fine thing but making sure that its done properly every time is another thing...I think it will take tata motors another 4-5 years to reach the level of maturity maruti and Hyundai have already reached.
There is also the small fact of having to make the cars properly first!
Old 6th November 2006, 11:41   #410
Max
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
1. They will not reply to you about someone else's problems, especially when the matter is sub-judice. I get replies to ANY issue from Tata Motors, but they've mentioned a very studied silence whenever I ask about this particular issue.

2. My first complaint by email to Tata Motors was replied to in 15 minutes. I was in Dubai and therefore didnt want to call them, but I got a call from their Regiional Manager for Service within 8 hours. My issue was addressed promptly.

I do not have any special 'vasta' (sorry thats arabic for 'influence') with Tata Motors, nor am I a VIP or a son or relative of one. I have received EXCELLENT support from them till date. And this is not dealer specific - both RF Motors in Cochin and Prerna in Bangalore have been equally good in support, though Prerna have sent the car back with some scratches on window film and some other such minor issues on a couple of occassions - I am willing to forgive them for that after having seen the sheer volume they handle every day. That includes hordes of Call Centre vehicles that have to be serviced super-fast IN BETWEEN pick-ups and drops.

I am not saying that Tata are always right, but they have been extremely proactive in my particular case.

Let us therefore wait till there is a judgement in this case, instead of passing judgement ourselves.
Responding to minor queries doesn't make them responsible company. I wrote to 13 email addresses at tata official including chairman (rattan tata!) and many others. Let them not do anything about it but they should have guts to at least acknowledge that they received email and they will look into it!.

Is like they will response properly if you write them hey what is the price of your indica and is this particular color available but they will not response if you tell them engine have developed crack?. The problem is not they are not working the problem is they are not ready to work with their paying customer at the time of real problem, Rather then they are just playing blame game and moving issue to different officials at tata motors and finally to their legal department which is bad bad practice and very dangerous for very common customers like us who really don't have time and courage to fight with such multinational t-rax. Hence i personally don't want to deal with any tata group of companies based upon my and other people experiences and recommend so to my family and friends. No wonder why their stock (TATAMOTORS = 817, MARUTI = 973) is not performing as good as maruti. Please note maruti and tata stock prices was exactly same about 45 days ago.

Not responding to complains is bad customer services. This kind of practice is very bad and can actually be used against them in courts, but hey who worries about the courts after all its its tarekh pe tarekh game and even if they loose what they have to pay?. They must be having group of big lawyers to take matter personally and take the hell out of complaning customer. enough said and done.

Last edited by Max : 6th November 2006 at 11:55.
Old 6th November 2006, 11:50   #411
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max
Responding to minor queries doesn't make them responsible company.

Is like they will response properly if you write them hey what is the price of your indica and is this particular color available but they will not response if you tell them engine have developed crack?.
Trust me Max - I did not write to them for anything frivalous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max
I wrote to 13 email addresses at tata official including chairman (rattan tata!) and many others. Let them not do anything about it but they should have guts to at least acknowledge that they received email and they will look into it!
Was this about a problem you had? And why bother writing to Ratan Tata - is he going to crawl under your car and repair it? The problem with email is that it makes people think that they can write to anyone and expect a reply. Communication requires one to talk about the relevant problem to the relevant person. Do it that way and it usually works. Generating an email to everyone@tatamotors.com only makes you a spammer. Same with any other company.

Last edited by Steeroid : 6th November 2006 at 11:51.
Old 6th November 2006, 17:22   #412
Max
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
Trust me Max - I did not write to them for anything frivalous.

Was this about a problem you had? And why bother writing to Ratan Tata - is he going to crawl under your car and repair it? The problem with email is that it makes people think that they can write to anyone and expect a reply. Communication requires one to talk about the relevant problem to the relevant person. Do it that way and it usually works. Generating an email to everyone@tatamotors.com only makes you a spammer. Same with any other company.
I know emailing to everyone@tatamotors.com may be considered as spam but what you will do when you don't receive response or even acknowledgement from anyone in company ?. They can atleast response saying "ok we got your email and it has been forwarded to appropriate person for further investigation". What's so hard in that and what legal problem is it going to create for them?

I know Rattan TATA is extremely busy person and he is not personally going to look after every cars technical problem but when none of the lower authorities listen to any complaining customer what would you do ? You will write to higher authorities in the company. Whenever anything wrong happens leaders are blamed and this is why Mr.Chairman should keep some staff to look after his mail box and response appropriately.

Reliance infocom will be best example in this case. If you have any major issues and no one else in the company listens to your complain you can write to Reliance Chairman (Anil Ambani?) and they really DO get back to you with response. I don't say Mr. Ambani go through all emails but at least their is team of people working to know what is happening in other parts of companies so that they always remain informed about what's going on within the company. In varuns case its possible that Mr. Tata may not be aware of this issue but its his duty to listen to complaining customers or atleast keep person to look into it.

Enough said, I need some water now!
Old 6th November 2006, 17:38   #413
BANNED

Hey Max, maybe Ratan Tata didn't get your email because you misspelt his name/address
Old 6th November 2006, 18:00   #414
elf
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Shiva
... maybe Ratan Tata didn't get your email because you misspelt his name/address ...
Yes Max, methinks the same. Ratan may also be getting back at you for calling him a woven cane chair.

Anyways, since Varun Roy's matter is sub-judice, it may not be possible for them to discuss or state their views on it. We can bang our heads about this forever, but Varun's chosen to take this to the appopriate forum - now when the courts decide, they'll decide. Let's just keep our fingers crossed for his sake.
Old 8th December 2006, 12:49   #415

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunroy View Post
Hi everyone,

The case has been posted for re-arguments on 25.10.2006. Most probably, the hon,ble Judge wants to refresh his memory.

So long....
Hi Varun,
What happened ? No updates ?
Old 8th December 2006, 13:54   #416
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince1a View Post
Hi Varun,
What happened ? No updates ?
Looks like TATAs are not the only ones maintaining a calculated silence... ?

Max, you ARE missing the point that Steeriod made.... Have you considered that maybe someone from TATA could have replied to you if it was YOUR car ?

I am no fan of TATAs having had less than perfect service for my Indica, but then again, if I look at the VFM proposition, nothing beats the Indica.

We have shown our support for Varun, fine... now that the matter is with proper hands, why dont we ease off and wait for the outcome ?

sure will save a lot of people here many headbangs
Old 8th December 2006, 14:59   #417
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunroy View Post
Hi all,

The good news is that the honble Judge has reported back to work today. Let see what happens on the 5th.

So long....
Varun,

Please take care of what you publish on the forum, you never know when something might be taken as contempt of court, especially when a matter is subjudicious. You may even want the administrators to delete some of the posts that you've mentioned on the forum..

I myself have a cheque bouncing case pending against a builder since the last two years.. But i am not going into the details against that on this forum.

Regards,
Manish
Old 21st December 2006, 11:27   #418

Want to know the ultimate outcome of this case ...

Hi all,
I came across this thread, incidentally searching for Sumo Victa Reviews as I have booked one just recently. Rather unfortunate and shocking to read about this.
Want to know what is the state of this case? Has Mr Varun got the due justice?

-thanks,
Srinath
Old 21st December 2006, 16:22   #419
BHPian

With reference to the posts regarding the customer service from Tata and their proactiveness in replying to customer complaints, I've had a very good first hand experience, when one of their dealerships had messed with my cousin's Indigo. I reported this to a top executive at Tata who promptly took interest in our case and made sure that the dealership paid the price for their irresponsible behaviour. I could only respect Tata more after all this.
Old 30th January 2007, 01:30   #420
BHPian

Resolution?

Hello Varun

Reading through this thread makes me wonder if TATA gives two hoots about customer satisfaction or the long term Quality and reliability of their vehicles.

Whatever came out of our this legal situation? Hope the law ruled in your favour. I love our postponement prone courts..*sigh*

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks