Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st December 2007, 00:16   #496
Senior - BHPian

Hello Mr. Varun roy. Im new to the forum but old to tata motors. I own a Tata estate which i have still preserved. I must admit that there are a few things i appreciate about the vehicle and a lot many that i dont. Ive preserved it for the sole purpose of reminding me of a very bad mistake. Looking at it reminds me of how big corporations use customers as gineua pigs on their learning course. Im sure this is a worldwide phenomenon. But in India it is followed by lack of accountability. Ive been reading all the tata motors threads on this forum, even the new Dicor 2.2 threads. Actually its not the fault of tata motors. Its us. We are a nation of hope. We may have been conned time and again but we still thrive on hope. hoping that the next time will be better. There are a few knights of honor like yourself who will fight and win or will go down fighting. For the rest of us we continue to hope.
HOPE NEVER DIES BUT WE DIE HOPING.
I congratulate you for standing tall. I also wish you luck. I know for sure that i have the will but not the patience to pursue a fight similar as yours. but surely i dont believe in the system. Because the system has time and i dont. The tata estate ive preserved has rescued me(by reminding me of my mistake) from not buying the indica turbo which was a real hot tempting deal and now the safari 2.2( which in my opinion is another tata experiment in crdi)for which i always had a soft corner. Anyways i read somewhere that the 2.2 engine does not have self adjusting valves. So much for a hi tech and new engine. Gues they will improvise on that after the first batch of gineau pigs cries foul. I am an auto enthusiast too but after a maruti and a toyota i refuse to be a test chimp. Ive promised myself that i wont put up with unproven tech whether its a tv or a car. Wishing you luck again and the strength to persevere.
From the bottom of my heart I hope you win this fight - in time.
Old 31st December 2007, 01:29   #497
BHPian

If a 14Lac car can have these kind of problems then I can only imagine the car that TATA is coming up with called 1 Lac car.

You will find the 1 Lac car parts flying around all over the streets in India pretty soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysmokesleaves View Post
Looking at it reminds me of how big corporations use customers as gineua pigs on their learning course.
I thought that Tata was only doing this in the computer consulting services called (TCS). They bid the contracts too low and throw in bunch of trainees (pay them the least) into the project and let them experiment on the real projects. Ultimately the client will suffer.

Looks like that is their standard business model across the board.

Sometime ago I was looking at the purchase of Tata Indigo XL seriously and I am glad I came across this story.

Now I know what to do.

Last edited by Zappo : 31st December 2007 at 01:48. Reason: Do not break up posts unnecessarily. Post at one go.
Old 31st December 2007, 01:54   #498
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by skmami View Post
You will find the 1 Lac car parts flying around all over the streets in India pretty soon.

I thought that Tata was only doing this in the computer consulting services called (TCS). They bid the contracts too low and throw in bunch of trainees (pay them the least) into the project and let them experiment on the real projects. Ultimately the client will suffer.
Now now, do not you think you have started sounding a little too naive with all these bombastic statements?
Old 31st December 2007, 02:45   #499
BHPian

You know some of the problems that TATA motors are having are possibly because they are a relatively young automotive company. If TATA buy JLR they are going to be buying some experience, hopefully JLR engineers and production planners can give TATA motors some good advice going forward in how to make cars that are more reliable. Jag is after all one of the best car brands in the world for reliability nowadays. Jag may be premium and TATA motors not, but when an engine stops working due to poor assembly then that can happen on premium or volume cars...
Old 31st December 2007, 02:59   #500
BHPian

Quote:
If a 14Lac car can have these kind of problems then I can only imagine the car that TATA is coming up with called 1 Lac car.

Sometime ago I was looking at the purchase of Tata Indigo XL seriously and I am glad I came across this story.

Now I know what to do.
I do agree that most of the Tata cars are not worth the prize, but my brother using an Indica V2 for the last 5 years.

We never had major issues with the car other than the gear selector broke, left me and my family at the center of a busy signal. Wasn't so funny to push to the side and waiting for Tata service to come with their never ending Rescue rope.

But AFAIK, TCS is one among the best Software firm we have in India and there will be cases like you mentioned in every organization in India if you see. And if TCS Customer is suffering from the lack of competency of fresh engineers even after 6 months of domain training, its the problem with our Engineering colleges from where thye graduated . Not with Ratan Tata.

I think its better to stick to the original topic here and don't drag the entire tata owned organizations into mud.

Last edited by HotChillyPepper : 31st December 2007 at 03:00.
Old 31st December 2007, 05:08   #501
Senior - BHPian

Why bombastic?

Quote:

I think your purpose with this post was to inform the naive, not to be the naive or bombastic. As someone who has survived many years of being a corporate football in the IT business and the consumer business, I appreciate your comments. With each of our thoughts we create the world we want to live in. Truth elevates the world.

Also, Varunroy, I stand with you and thank you.
Old 31st December 2007, 06:55   #502
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
Now now, do not you think you have started sounding a little too naive with all these bombastic statements?
Sorry it might sound bombastic or naive but that is the truth and based on my experience for over 14 years in the IT Field and traveling around at least 10 different countries around the globe.

I know TATA is a great company and has contributed so much to India but here we are only talking about their business model and quality of stuff that comes out.

By making a sarcastic comment about 1 Lac car I have gone a little overboard but I was just trying to be funny but not naive.
Old 31st December 2007, 14:18   #503

i have serviced my car at Concorde, Manipal and Prerana, Bangalore as Soccer said "each one os worse than the other"
Old 2nd January 2008, 22:12   #504
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tstag View Post
You know some of the problems that TATA motors are having are possibly because they are a relatively young automotive company. If TATA buy JLR they are going to be buying some experience, hopefully JLR engineers and production planners can give TATA motors some good advice going forward in how to make cars that are more reliable. Jag is after all one of the best car brands in the world for reliability nowadays. Jag may be premium and TATA motors not, but when an engine stops working due to poor assembly then that can happen on premium or volume cars...

Reminds me of a Joke. (sorry Mods about choosing the wrong thread)

A Japanese once told Laluji that if he handed over Bihar to them for just 2 months, they would transform it into a country like Japan. Laluji snapped back, 2 months is too long a
time, just give me Japan for 2 weeks and I gaurantee you that I will convert it into Bihar.

God bless.....

Last edited by soccer : 2nd January 2008 at 22:22.
Old 23rd April 2008, 15:51   #505
Senior - BHPian

Friends, MODS, Varun Roy,

After a couple of Hours... Am I missing the ending, (sorry, New to this thread). Or did the HAPPY ending start out as a new thread?

----

EDIT

Varun, if happy ending still not in sight, Thought of a idea, find out some Brit and American tBHP kind of sites and spread this thread. This ought to shake up at LEAST the brits and american prospects WHAT to EXPECT from a TA-Guar or a Land-T'over!!

Last edited by svsantosh : 23rd April 2008 at 16:03.
Old 23rd April 2008, 16:12   #506
BHPian

Roy ,

Kudos to you for taking such a impact oriented step . SAD that a orgainzation like TATA didnt even budge with this . They blow millions to make a AD , test a vehicle , experiment , R&D but wont invest some to set the message right that they are a customer friendly org and DO CARE !!!.

I had mentioned in the other thread where alot of complaints on Safari Dicor were shared and it was frustrating that new vehicles 1 week / 1 day old had problems .

I am now sure that will not even dream of ever buying a TATA vehicle .

I had some god send message to skip Safari and make me buy a Scorpio .

Roy.. I am sharing this in my social , office circles to spread the message .

Regards.. Kat
Old 23rd April 2008, 16:27   #507
BANNED

Seeing this thread, i feel that a mountain is made out of mole hill.

Yes i agree that with the kind of protests being made this way and the way the Manipal reps behaving.

Its rather sad to see the whole situation being handled in a wrong manner.

I know what the TATA Dealers are and i agree that one is worse than the other.

But still this issue could have been sorted out, Why would the dealer go to an extent of doing all the check mentioned on the vehicle over and over again. Are they not courteus enough to repeat all the task for the Sumo Owner.

It might also be a case of rash and negligent driving.

I remember a similiar incident with the camber set up in a Honda CRV, he lost his rear right tyre within 5000 kms. The company never gave in. they made the owner spend for the damage saying its been abused.

I see people taking opportunity to put some brand down in this thread.
Old 24th April 2008, 15:19   #508
BHPian

Really Pavan? Do you really think that the problems faced by Varun were created by himself? Even the internal problems? And the Tata people never found that out?

This has not been ONE complaint in a vehicle, but a whole lot of complaints. I don't think that it can be equated with the incident with the Honda CRV, which is only one incident.

You see people taing opportunity to put some brand down. I see that same brand as being callous and uncaring towards their valuable, repeat customers.
Old 24th April 2008, 17:27   #509
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srijit View Post
Really Pavan? Do you really think that the problems faced by Varun were created by himself? Even the internal problems? And the Tata people never found that out?
Any idea on the progress on Mr Varun Roy's case? I see the old thread deveating into software and other un related areas.

Having read through the whole giant thread, i feel this reflects more on the failure of the Indian justice system than Tata motors. After all justice delayed is justice denied.
Old 25th April 2008, 12:11   #510
Senior - BHPian

Varun any further updates? Whats happening with your case?

Well pawan I want to actually tell you just cant guess if this is a case of Rash driving. Reading through this entire thread it does not seem as though rash driving can actually make your seats break or even the power windows and seat belts to malfunction.
Look at the entire case history and then make your claims. This is a water tight case of sheer lack of quality of parts on the vehicle and Hell no i am not going to buy any tata vehicles. I am regularly called by my friends regarding which company vehicles to buy and you know which company vehicle i dont suggest.
Hoping for the best with varun.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks