Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th October 2005, 13:00   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
Dude, when you sell a piece of **** like that and refuse to acknowledge the fact that you've sold a dud, YOU DESERVE AN OVERKILL.
I am not contesting that they sold a lemon to Roys. And most companies do that once in a while. They must acknowledge it, and they sure will if you look at the bad publicity they are receiving. Many times, dealers are bunch of crooks and sales person lower in the order may not understand it Or may simply be incapable And it also depends on the way you put problem across. But, that doesn't mean entire organization is corrupt. Common, Tatas have been selling cars for few years now and people ARE having problems with their cars/build quality. But they are also getting rectified most of the times.

GTO, who all did Roys speak with?

Last edited by RX135 : 14th October 2005 at 13:11.
Old 14th October 2005, 13:05   #62
Team-BHP Support

Yes this is one isolated incident. I do not wholly blame tata motors for this, but i do blame their regional customer care centers. TATA top management has to deal with this incident with an iron hand. What i am worried about is that is it the way Tata is going? If this is a one of incident i am okay, but if tata is thinking their success is a license to ignore customers, then its time they have to realize otherwise.

The TATA incidents i mentioned were ones when indica used to sell just 2500 cars/month and quality was not good. That time tata went into overdrive to win customer confidence. Now the indica sells 8000+ cars/month + 2500/month indigo. The workshops are overloaded, and it is possible that the company can no longer look into any individual complaint. Everything is left in the hands of incompetent regional customer care centers.

This may be a one off incident, or this may be beginning of the rot which sets in most companies.
Its not just Tata. Even some hyundai dealerships take customers for granted after the huge success of santro. Ever gone to buy a hyundai car. I was kept waiting for 20 minutes before the sales people could attend to me. I do not blame them as the dealership was overcrowded. But what happened next was worse. They said they do not have any crdi for testdrive. On asking wether in near future i can test drive a crdi viva the fellows had no answer. They did not even take down my phone number. Another dealership salesman offered that i sit in an accent GLE and base my judgement on that as they also dont have any crdi viva on stock. About when can they arange a Viva, any viva that is, not just a crdi so i can get a feel of the interiors that guy said he will call back. Its more than a week, no call. I do not believe they have not got a single viva in the showroom. Compare that with TATA where even when i go for routine service they ask for tea coffee etc., and try to make you comfortable. Infact when i walked into the Tata dealership here, 2 salesmen came running towards me and before even asking why i was there asked the chap to get coffee etc.,

2 years ago a visit to any hyundai showroom would have salesmen running after you.

Coming back to the topic, complacensy in inexcusable, and past record does not give any manufacturer to mistreat customers. The reason i am being so harsh in my judgement, is because in the past i have got such good service from Tata the standards have been set very high for me.
Old 14th October 2005, 13:08   #63
Senior - BHPian

True, Steeroid... I'm amshamed that I bought my first vehicle from this company like this... Good on folks like you and GTO who've forwarded the case to a few Auto journalists.... This matter needs to reach a wider audience and TATA owes a public apology to Mr. & Mrs. Roy.... They would have shed sweat and tears in taking the vehicle for repairs numerous times, let apart the money spent on the whole exercise... They would have felt pain...

Tata needs to shed some blood....
Old 14th October 2005, 14:01   #64
SUV
BHPian

I think Tata's have got too Much Business and dont care how their Dealers Treat Customer's as long as they have volumes moving out of the Manuefactring Line.

Here is the Incident i had couple of Months Ago and More recently

Case 1 :

I blew the AC Cooling Coil Unit on my Safari, Drove to Tata Service told them specifically that the Cooling Coil has a Leak, The A/C mech comes and pushses a PIN into the Filler and tell me the AC Gas has leaked and it will take 3 Days to rectify.

I immediatly called TELCO, Bangalore, fired them for selling me such a car. Next Day the Dealer calls me up ask's me to come over to their Main Workshop.

Drove the the Main Workshop and they found the Cooling Coil had a leak. Now hear this, the dealer does not have a spare cooling coil in stock tell's me it will take 3 days to get it from Tata Pune, now my second round of Firing to TELCO, Bangalore.

And Lo the cooling coil is delivered to the dealer in less than an hour and My Vehicle is ready in 3 hours flat.

Case 2 : Which i didnt Bother to followup for waste of Time.

I never liked Bridgestone Tyre's, hence i recently decided to exchange the One on My Safari for a Set of Yoko's. Went to My Tyre Guy's asked him to replace my set with Yoko's

To My Horror and his as well, I found a Silver Ring "inside" the Tyre. Looks like whoever worked on the Wheel Line left it behind. Just Imagine if i had blown the tyre at good speed's.

I have sent out a Mail to Tata's and still awaiting response.

The whole Point is that Why should a Customer go to TELCO, Why are the Dealers their for ? Just to Sell and Forget ?

The Roy's have got calls from Most of the Auto Magazines and they have evinced keen interest and have offered all Support to them.

Expect a Whole Story in the Next Issues's :-) That should teach Tata's to some extent not to mess with Customer's.
Old 14th October 2005, 15:18   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
I dont know about the rest of you but I will NOT recommend a Tata Motors product .
Steer, your warning comes a few hours too late for me.. I just ordered my Dicor 4x4 to Prerna.. But the sales experience has not been good

The sales person dealing with me was Abhilash, mentioned earlier in the thread. Latest news of today is that he has quit Prerna Motors!!!
Old 14th October 2005, 15:22   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinbhag
Steer, your warning comes a few hours too late for me.. I just ordered my Dicor 4x4 to Prerna.. But the sales experience has not been good

The sales person dealing with me was Abhilash, mentioned earlier in the thread. Latest news of today is that he has quit Prerna Motors!!!
Are you getting Alloys on your LX as stated in the specifications or are they still trying to wiggle out of it?
Old 14th October 2005, 15:39   #67
BHPian

Well, I am getting alloys now for a new price which came in from TATA today morning.. increased by 12K.. So ultimately they did wiggle out of it.. confirmed this with Concorde and also a dealer in Mumbai.. Tata were not supplying alloys on LX 4x4.. now they are for a slightly higher price..

Note from the Admin : Team-BHP does not support piracy and unauthorised sharing of articles. Do NOT post on offering the same to any member
Old 14th October 2005, 16:34   #68
BHPian

Admin: OOPS.. Sorry, did not realise it.. Will desist from it.
Old 14th October 2005, 17:20   #69
BANNED

Tata sucks. I've had horrible experiences with my Indigo's build and ride quality, and apathetic after sales service. We finally sold the car in less than 2 years cause it was trash.

If anybody's starting an anti-TATA initiative, I'll sign up right now. Someone needs to put them in their place.
Old 14th October 2005, 17:51   #70
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
GTO, who all did Roys speak with?
@ RX, He spoke to some senior level executives/s at Tata Motors directly. Was always promised a solution but nothing materialised.

Good thing for him that the lemon is still under warranty. Makes his case stronger.

GTO
Old 14th October 2005, 17:56   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO
@ RX, He spoke to some senior level executives/s at Tata Motors directly. Was always promised a solution but nothing materialised.
Ohh..so it was already acknowledged by Tata Motors. Who goofed up then? More likely an incompetent dealer? But, then equally sad that Tata executives did not follow it up with dealer.
Old 14th October 2005, 18:28   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joz
Good deed on tbhp to take this up.

This is ridiculous, really can't beleive things like this still happens around. Stuff like this is really bad for us consumers and also for the only true indian car manufacturer.

I have sent a mail to Mr. Chinoy who looks after marketing of MUVs at Tata. Have also marked a copy to their senior manager customer support and a few others.

Will be speaking to him in person too. I am sure there would be some movement up there after they see the strength of this forum.

Cheers!
Are you referring to Mr RD Chinoy of RD Dreams.com? And does he work wid tata?
Old 14th October 2005, 18:52   #73
Joz
BHPian

Sorry. Typo.

Oops!! Typo there. Its RJ Chinoy. Works out of their HO at WTC, Mumbai.

Did try calling this person. But was not available. Will try and speak to him tomorrow.

Last edited by Joz : 14th October 2005 at 18:56.
Old 14th October 2005, 22:43   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunroy
By the way, Mr. Jaisheel and Mr. Abhilash (of prerana motors) accepted that this was their doing, and I have a complete recording of their conversation with me. The former even threatened to blow up the car. My car was also damaged by these guys. A police complaint has been lodged.

Tata Motors has been in the picture of all my grievances from Day One till Date. It is shocking that they have not responded and this makes it crystal clear that tata motors doesn't care for its customers post sale.
godda***t...!! what the hell is going on with tata..??

i'm sorry, but i cannot hold my anger..!! i used to be one of the biggest supporters of tata- not anymore... this may be an isolated incident; but what the hell does it mean when the company is doing this sort of cruelty to a customer who has put down his hard earned money on a piece of crap..??

tata ought to be taken to the court for this- if this is a sign of things to come, then god help tata; don't care if it's their fault or the dealer's - if the dealer did it on his own, then his dealership ought to be stripped....

mr. varun may be a commoner to tata, but he's a valuable customer who put down his hard earned money for a tata product. and 6 lacs ain't no pocket change- doesn't matter how many sumos are sold in a month, it's tata's responsibility to make sure that each customer is a satisfied one.

and to think that varunji had to go to these sort of lengths, just to be heard....

just for a perspective, think about this- fiat's dealers and company attitude has been the topic of mass criticism all over india; but have we seen any fiat customer as unhappy or as unlucky as this tata customer...?? at least i haven't....

if tata gets it's act together, then well. but as for me, it's going to be a long time before my faith is restored in the company, no matter how good it's products are... and i used to be a tata customer from long back, right from our sierra... but now, i think it's going to take quite some convincing before we put our money down for another tata motors product...

p.s- sorry if i sounded a tad agitated- but that's how i felt, and i couldn't help it; and i've forwarded a link of this thread to tata motors myself...

Last edited by veyron1 : 14th October 2005 at 22:51.
Old 14th October 2005, 23:09   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by veyron1
tata ought to be taken to the court for this- if this is a sign of things to come, then god help tata; don't care if it's their fault or the dealer's - if the dealer did it on his own, then his dealership ought to be stripped....

mr. varun may be a commoner to tata, but he's a valuable customer who put down his hard earned money for a tata product. and 6 lacs ain't no pocket change- doesn't matter how many sumos are sold in a month, it's tata's responsibility to make sure that each customer is a satisfied one.
I know Veyron.... The kinda act that they've put up with makes you feel so irritated and well, also remember that Varun is a repeat customer to Tata.... and then they do this to him.... THUMBS DOWN....

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks