Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th November 2005, 11:20   #106
BANNED

I am so happy that people like the Roys exist in this country where people fight when they are wrong but take it lying down when it comes to fighting for what is right and just. Hats off Roys! Hope more and more Indians have what it takes to be as “cool” as you guys.

How I wish you guys were in Chennai, I would've loved to join you all and make life hell for the wretched cartoons who dared to rip off the stickers on your car. No, not by these "bhaigiri" ideas proposed on here as that would only make your case weak legally, but with intelligence and strategy.

What these people need to realize is that many car buyers make many sacrifices to buy a car and look at their car as a dear possession. What makes me even more upset is that the Roys are repeat customers and Tata Motors and that wretched dealer have “raped” the goodwill and trust the Roys had for Tata Motors/ Tata vehicles.

God bless Team-BHP and every member of Team-BHP for wanting to help the Roys. I hope we as a group always help others to get justice when it comes to automobiles/ automobile manufacturers in the future too.

Roys, we are all with you and I hope and pray that Tata Motors take back the junk they have sold to you and replace it with a brand new car (which is free from defects)!

SATYAMEVA JAYATE!!! Keep up the good fight.
Old 7th November 2005, 11:55   #107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO
I say push for a replacement. And nothing else.

Consumer courts are extremely pro-consumer, and you have a VERY strong case.

GTO
Push for a replacement with a similar model of another make...lets say a Scorpio. Because you cant get another Sumo and go through the travails all over again. Failing which, pray to the court for a full refund with interest.
Old 7th November 2005, 15:20   #108
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
Push for a replacement with a similar model of another make...lets say a Scorpio. Because you cant get another Sumo and go through the travails all over again. Failing which, pray to the court for a full refund with interest.
But not all Sumos have such problems as Roy has already seen. The problem is with this particular car. Besides, if Tata is taken to the courts and Roy gets a new Sumo as a result, its likely that he'd be given royal treatment at the dealerships.
Old 7th November 2005, 15:22   #109
BHPian

[quote=God bless Team-BHP and every member of Team-BHP for wanting to help the Roys. I hope we as a group always help others to get justice when it comes to automobiles/ automobile manufacturers in the future too.

You are right Mr. Boombastic. [B]Team - BHP has been a pillar of strenghth for a just cause, specially ours. The efforts of GTO needs to be lauded by one and all. [/b]
When I put the information on my car, I had no idea that it would reach so many. Team-Bhp was so quick in catching on to this. I hope this thread will not only put Tatas on track, but also wake up other Automobile manufacturers. They cannot take its customers for granted, b,coz people like Team-BHP can expose their games.
Old 7th November 2005, 15:46   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBoombastic
I am so happy that people like the Roys exist in this country where people fight when they are wrong but take it lying down when it comes to fighting for what is right and just. Hats off Roys! Hope more and more Indians have what it takes to be as “cool” as you guys.

How I wish you guys were in Chennai, I would've loved to join you all and make life hell for the wretched cartoons who dared to rip off the stickers on your car. No, not by these "bhaigiri" ideas proposed on here as that would only make your case weak legally, but with intelligence and strategy.

What these people need to realize is that many car buyers make many sacrifices to buy a car and look at their car as a dear possession. What makes me even more upset is that the Roys are repeat customers and Tata Motors and that wretched dealer have “raped” the goodwill and trust the Roys had for Tata Motors/ Tata vehicles.

God bless Team-BHP and every member of Team-BHP for wanting to help the Roys. I hope we as a group always help others to get justice when it comes to automobiles/ automobile manufacturers in the future too.

Roys, we are all with you and I hope and pray that Tata Motors take back the junk they have sold to you and replace it with a brand new car (which is free from defects)!

SATYAMEVA JAYATE!!! Keep up the good fight.
Satyameva Jayate, We like that.

This fight is for what is right. Thank you for your encouragement and support. It is nice to know that there are people who feel the way we do. I hope many more will find the courage to stand up and fight for the Truth, especially when people like you are there to give your unrelenting support. Thank you once again. We are touched.

Satyameva Jayate. God Bless You and the Team - BHP family.
Old 7th November 2005, 17:24   #111
Max
BHPian

Well, I read whole thread and I must say I am very disappointed and angry with the treatment Mr. Varon Roy has received from TATA Motors and its dealers.

After knowing this incidence I will think 100,000 times before buying any TATA vehicle. Mr. Varun Roy should get public apology from whoever is responsible for this incidence + IMMEDIATE replacement for faulty vehicle + monetary compensation for embarrassments + mental torcher + loss of time caused to customer.

TATA are you reading this ? YOU JUST LOST ONE POTENTIAL CUSTOMER .

Also, varun if you can provide us with email address of people of top management at TATA motors, I will be more then happy to send them very nice, angry email and point them to this thread and let them know how pissed and disappointed I am after reading this and ask them when they are going to replace your vehicle.

Last edited by Max : 7th November 2005 at 17:26.
Old 7th November 2005, 17:37   #112
BHPian

[quote=Max], Also, varun if you can provide us with email address of people of top management at TATA motors, I will be more then happy to send them very nice, angry email and point them to this thread and let them know how pissed and disappointed I am after reading this and ask them when they are going to replace your vehicle.

Max, everyone at Tatas behaves as if he is from the top management, so its very difficult from me to know who topmost
They never give you their visiting cards or mobile numbers.

I shall post the E-mail IDs shortly.

We have insisted on replacement plus direct damages.

Last edited by varunroy : 7th November 2005 at 17:40.
Old 7th November 2005, 17:46   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max
TATA are you reading this ? YOU JUST LOST ONE POTENTIAL CUSTOMER .

Several people call me each day to say the same thing

Last edited by varunroy : 7th November 2005 at 17:48. Reason: shorten the quote
Old 7th November 2005, 19:15   #114
BHPian

Quote:

Going to the Consumer Court is the obvious thing, but then how would you expose such Organizations. I aim here is to tell as many as possible as to how a return customer is treated at Tatas.

By the way, other ignorant Victa owners are now calling me up to check their vehicles for similar problems. A couple of them did have problems, which they were not aware of.

The sad part is that the guy from Tatas, himself did not know what Lumbar support seats are ? The guy from Tatas deputed to check my car, had never driven an SUV.
Old 7th November 2005, 19:19   #115
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunroy
Going to the Consumer Court is the obvious thing
So have you gone to the consumer court? Doing so will not stop you from negative publicity in any way.

All that you are doing now is of NO consequence if you havent filed a case against them. In fact, they can sue you for defamation because the matter should have been decided in court - which you obviously havent opted for.

One goes for such extremes AFTER exhausting all other possibilities. I suggest you approach a court - either consumer or civil or both - at the earliest, failing which YOU will be the one in the dock.
Old 7th November 2005, 20:00   #116
SUV
BHPian

Quote:
So have you gone to the consumer court? Doing so will not stop you from negative publicity in any way.

All that you are doing now is of NO consequence if you havent filed a case against them. In fact, they can sue you for defamation because the matter should have been decided in court - which you obviously havent opted for.

One goes for such extremes AFTER exhausting all other possibilities. I suggest you approach a court - either consumer or civil or both - at the earliest, failing which YOU will be the one in the dock.
I Agree with Steeroid.... Its better you approach a lawyer and sent out a Notice. Just so you are on the Safe Side.
Old 7th November 2005, 22:22   #117
BHPian

Quote:
I suggest you approach a court - either consumer or civil or both - at the earliest, failing which YOU will be the one in the dock.
I know you are concerned, but I have taken precautions and all my actions are in consultation with my Lawyers.

If you owned a car like mine and had gone through the ordeal that we have, fighting a court battle is a small issue. When I have hard documented facts, it is they who should be worried.

You just cannot imagine how my car has been handled. Can you believe that the engine timing has been re-set 6 times, each time the car came out of the workshop, it behaved differently. The rear springs have been re-cambered ( re-set ) to correct the body tilt. I did this job on my 1961 Ambassador after 25 years of usage. When this did not help the cluster was replaced. Needless to say, the outcome was the same. A body tilt to the right by 30mm. The same people take pride when the ground clearance is more than 10mm, compared to other similar cars. In our case, the tilt is "normal."

I have hundreds of such experiences to share with you all. My patience has been tested beyond tolerance.

Last edited by varunroy : 7th November 2005 at 22:24. Reason: spelling correction
Old 7th November 2005, 23:30   #118
BHPian

Prerana is worst there is...

I empathise with Varun.

I bought the Indica 2000 (Petrol) in Aug 2000. That was the V1 version, and have a very sad tale to tell about it. I loved the car (still have it, though about to dispose it now).

It was bought from Prerana and they gave the lousiest of the service. The exhaust system would rust and different parts of exhaust were to be replaced every 4-6 months. After about 2.5years (in 2003) the joint where the exhaust begins from the Engine had rusted and had a hole, making a racket within the bonnet. Their usual patchy repairs weren't getting rid of the problem, so, Prerana Guys decided to take it out and weld the hole. But, while fixing it back, they didn't tighten the nuts (one was about to fall of) and delivered it to me! I experienced terrible rattling and loss of power, which they claimed as normal.

Once home, i opened the bonnet to realise what the problem was. Took a Photograph of it from my Digital camera (a print of which is stuck to the wall infront of me, to remind me of this), and sent it to a bunch of email addresses within Tata, and threatened them with a case. Next day I had visitors from tata local office and Prerana. Prerana offered to fix the problem. I said, i won't trust Prearana with my Vehicle, so the Tata guys asked me if it is ok to have Manipal Motor guys attend. I accepted.

Manipal motor guys struggled for a week to get the whole thing right. Replaced 3 out of 4 componets making the exhaust system, and finally delivered it in somewhat of a acceptable condition. However, one or the other part within the exhaust has been failing and in one particular instance, rusted middle piece of the exhaust fell of in the middle of the road.

Suspension is another major problem with Indica V1. I have been spending above 20K in repairs each year from 2003.

I love the power of Indica Petrol and it has never given me any serious problems (largely because I attend to even minor problems immediately. The spares are cheap (as in poor quality as well as money) Service is usually bad, though I got slightly better treatment due to all the shouting i did. The car has constantly irritated me with niggling problems during the 5+ years of ownership. It has driven me towards Japanese cars (Last year bought a Wagon-R, and last week bought a Innova as a replacement for Indica).

It is a shame that Tata motors came up with a brilliant product, only to spoil it by experimenting at customer's expense, cheap quality componets/spares and not punishing the dealers providing Lousy service. I can't understand how can Prerana motors be a dealer of anything, they are so bad.

I won't trust the Tata's for a long time to come, unless they start winning some awards for customer satisfaction. A good product may influence your buy. But, that's only half the story - it is the peace of mind that counts after the purchase.
Old 8th November 2005, 08:17   #119
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunroy
I know you are concerned, but I have taken precautions and all my actions are in consultation with my Lawyers.

If you owned a car like mine and had gone through the ordeal that we have, fighting a court battle is a small issue. When I have hard documented facts, it is they who should be worried.

You just cannot imagine how my car has been handled. Can you believe that the engine timing has been re-set 6 times, each time the car came out of the workshop, it behaved differently. The rear springs have been re-cambered ( re-set ) to correct the body tilt. I did this job on my 1961 Ambassador after 25 years of usage. When this did not help the cluster was replaced. Needless to say, the outcome was the same. A body tilt to the right by 30mm. The same people take pride when the ground clearance is more than 10mm, compared to other similar cars. In our case, the tilt is "normal."

I have hundreds of such experiences to share with you all. My patience has been tested beyond tolerance.
And that is EXACTLY why I wonder why you havent moved the court. YOu seem to have a bulletproof case in hand, so why dont you go ahead and take their pants off? As I see it, that is more likely to give you relief than sticking posters on your SUmo and parking it at the Vaahan Yatra. Consumer Courts are bound to give relief within 6 months of filing and seeing that you have a lawyer I'm surprised you still havent moved the court.

I mean - just what are you waiting for? Do you really expect these guys to wake up one fine morning and say "lets replace Varun Roy's car, since he's been such a nice guy" ? I'm quite surprised by your attitude, dude. Taking your case to every place except the court is no way to fight for your rights.

Last edited by Steeroid : 8th November 2005 at 08:21.
Old 8th November 2005, 23:28   #120
BHPian

[quote=hkollar]I empathise with Varun.

It was bought from Prerana and they gave the lousiest of the service.

I agree with you. Its only if you make a lot of noise ( shouting & screaming )at the workshop, that you get fairly good attention,but don't mistake that for good service.

Tatas have got to take the blame for this. The systems laid down by them are not followed by the dealers, because there is no check on the dealers. In one of my services at Indore's Shangvi Motors, the engine oil was over filled by a litre. All the seats were stained with foot marks, because the guy who was wiping the roof just stood on the seats with his greasy feet. My complaint was ignored and the reaction I got from the management was as if I was at fault.

When Manipal Motors realised that even after my repeated visits the problems were not solved, they stopped making Job cards and even instructed their Security at the gate that The notings of my vehicle's entry and exit should not be recorded. On several instances the Gate Pass was not made. However , when I realised this game plan, I recorded my objections to them in my next visit and this has been acknowledged by them. Even the replacements of all spares were not recorded in the Owner's Manual. This was done again only when I complained, even then several entries were missing.

The Turbo engine of my vehicle, ( as per the manual and the bold stickers put on the door by the manufacturers) should run at minimum RPM for at least a minute at the start and also for a minute before switching it off. This is never ever followed by the dealers. All instructions mentioned in the Owner's manual are meant only for its customers and not for the authorised repairers who are supposed to fix our cars. In simple words our cars are ruined at these Workshops.

Last edited by varunroy : 8th November 2005 at 23:32. Reason: correction of spellings and grammer

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks