Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th November 2005, 23:35   #121
Senior - BHPian

For the record, I got my Dicor looked into by Prerna last month and I was very happy with their service. We took the vehicle in to the Adugodi workshop by around 11 am and it was ready at 5 pm...in view of the Roys experience I had hung around at Prerna for about an hour and a half watching their service bay. It was a very crowded service bay with space for about 20 cars but they had about 60 vehicles that day - despite this they agreed to look into the Dicor complaint even though mine was an outstation vehicle that is under warranty and wouldnt give them a penny in returns.

The service advisor was courteous, took extra care to see that my vehicle is parked into a safe corner of the workshop (I was watching from the owner's lounge) so that its not disturbed or scratched by other vehicles - the traffic inside the workshop is unbelievable.

At the end of it, they explained what they had done in detail and updated my owners manual on my request. I was quite happy with their service, though in terms of infrastructure Prerna's workshop is nowhere near my favourite, which is the MGF Autodrome for Hyundai in Cochin.

All in all, they diagnosed a problem with the a/c (condensor fan belt was damaged - I think the bearings had given way), found a replacement and carried out the replacement, all in about 6 hours. Pretty good for a severely stressed service centre. While I was standing there they were turning away people who brought in their vehicles for routine service at noon and beyond, saying that they simply dont have the space for more vehicles.

Last edited by Steeroid : 8th November 2005 at 23:47.
Old 9th November 2005, 00:23   #122
Team-BHP Support

Looks like you have a good effect on Tata service engineers. From my expirience(3 different cars) prerna and manipal motors both dont have much clue. Concorde is slightly better. I had to waste 3000+ on a new battery when their service engineer changed the battery of my car when starting trouble was reported. They did not check the Alternator current. This is incompetence.
Old 9th November 2005, 08:41   #123
BHPian

[quote=Steeroid]
The service advisor was courteous, took extra care to see that my vehicle is parked into a safe corner of the workshop (I was watching from the owner's lounge) so that its not disturbed or scratched by other vehicles - the traffic inside the workshop is unbelievable.

If this has happened after 11th October, then I think you should thank me for it.

I think warranty vehicles should be looked into on priority basis.

Keep up the good work, Prerana Motors, and may others learn from you.
Old 9th November 2005, 13:27   #124
Max
BHPian

Well, i just sent this email to some tata officials asking for action. I hope they will not threat me for this.

Quote:

For Kind attention of : Mr. Ratan TATA or Whom so ever it may concern.
Brief: Forward it Customer Relations department and service department and
dealer network

Dear Sir,

First let me congratulate you for being successful Indian Car manufacturing
company. Currently I own 2 cars (Honda city + Maruti Zen) and I was looking
forward to buy Indigo Diesel to replace my Maruti Zen. We frequently change
cars atleast once in year and recently I have been looking forward at TATA
Motors.

While doing research about TATA Indigo on internet I came to know about
tragedy which took place with Mr. Varun Roy who appears to be long time TATA
Motors Customer. Here is the link for your reference

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8043

According to my knowledge it appears he was delivered with faulty / damaged
vehicle which performed very bad. His car was repaired on several occasions
but there was no resolution to his car problems. He complained to TATA
Motors dealer "Prerana Motors" and "Manipal Motors" Karnatika and several
officials at TATA Motors but sadly no one listen to him and everyone kept
him giving run around. Finally when he decided to protest against this miss
behaviour by putting some fair signs on his own car (his own property), his
car was damaged by TATA Motors dealers or affiliates.

After knowing this incidence, I am very shocked and disappointed from such
behaviour by TATA Motors employees and its dealer network. Such kind of
practices really doesn't leave any good impression on any companies
reputation, specially in the country like India where nobody wants to deal
with courts because Law and order is not proper and courts are just
impossible to deal with and are time consuming.

I have decided NOT TO BUY any TATA Vehicle due to problems faced by Mr.
Varun Roy and I will continue to suggest this to my friend circle until his
problems are resolved. Further, I sincerely request to send some senior
TATA Motors official at Mr. Vaurn Roy's home and get his vehicle replaced
and lend him some compensation for mental torcher he is went through and
time he has spent on getting faulty vehicle repaired.

For your information, I have no personal relationship with Mr.Vaurn Roy and
I just came to know about him on Internet. Your dealers miss behaviour is
getting flames on Internet and news is spreading like wild fire.

Its not only me who is very disappointed after knowing this incidents but
many other peoples feel the same and has Big caution in mind weather to
trust TATA Motors or not !!.

Please show some respect and resolve problems of Mr. Varun Roy's vehicle and
show some Indian Ethics because Indians are known for honesty and its
cultural values and they are not cheats.

I also want to thank you for taking your valuable time for reading this
email. I will be thankful if someone from your steamed organization take his
valuable paid time and post some reply on TEAM BHP community here

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8043

and keep us updated about status on Mr. Varun Roy's vehicle replacement and
justify his claims.

Thank you and take care.

Sincerely,
Mahinder Dangwani.
Ceo / Founder - cphosting.com.

Last edited by Max : 9th November 2005 at 13:29.
Old 9th November 2005, 13:38   #125
Senior - BHPian

Nice try, Max. But this is all meaningless as long as the aggrieved party does not take recourse to the law for redressal of his grievances.

I dont see the point of us continuing to talk about this if Mr. Roy wont approach the courts. If he does, I'll be glad to support him in any way I can - if he doesnt, there isnt anything we can do anyway.

This topic is dead to me till Mr. Roy takes recourse to the law.
Old 9th November 2005, 15:56   #126
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
This topic is dead to me till Mr. Roy takes recourse to the law.
The topic may be dead as far as Mr.Roy's car is concerned, but that doesn't mean we should not share his experience with potential Tata customers. Leaving aside outcome of his case, it still is an experience to share.
Old 9th November 2005, 16:02   #127
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX135
The topic may be dead as far as Mr.Roy's car is concerned, but that doesn't mean we should not share his experience with potential Tata customers. Leaving aside outcome of his case, it still is an experience to share.
I agree on that count, but there seems to be no case for an outcome. As long as they dont seem too bothered about getting relief it would seem that they're quite happy with the publicity its generating.
Old 9th November 2005, 16:23   #128
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
As long as they dont seem too bothered about getting relief it would seem that they're quite happy with the publicity its generating.
I am not aware of what all Mr. Roy is going to do about it, but I have already dropped a note to my friend in Tata motor and he has promised to take it up with concerned folks there.

More noise we create, better are the chances of things improving down the line.
Old 9th November 2005, 16:33   #129
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX135
I am not aware of what all Mr. Roy is going to do about it, but I have already dropped a note to my friend in Tata motor and he has promised to take it up with concerned folks there.

More noise we create, better are the chances of things improving down the line.
We have all done that - Veyron has done his bit, Max here has just done so, I have forwarded the link to their product development head, and so on...

However, the case seems SO strong on the face of it that they only have to walk past the court to get a verdict - the need for alternative action is when you want to pressurise the vendor when your case isnt so strong. The Roys seem to have enough ammo to blast Tata to kingdom come...
Old 9th November 2005, 16:57   #130
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
However, the case seems SO strong on the face of it that they only have to walk past the court to get a verdict - the need for alternative action is when you want to pressurise the vendor when your case isnt so strong. The Roys seem to have enough ammo to blast Tata to kingdom come...
Whether Mr. Roy wants to go to court to get his car replaced or not, is his decretion. But, looking at larger picture, if this thread can shake up lethargic Tata support organization even a tiny bit, it will be great help for Tata customers. We all should try for that.
Old 9th November 2005, 17:04   #131
Team-BHP Support

The problem is that if Mr. Roy does not go to court after having an open and shut case such as this, Tata are the eventual winners, even if they do replace his Sumo with a new one. Afterall, what is 1 Sumo to the Tata's. This NEEDS to be taken to court and be brought out in newspapers.

Why, because the next time this happens to a customer, Tata will play the same game. Not everyone has the patience to Mr. Roy to continue a battle of this sort. The next guy may just accept his loss and move on.

On the flip side, I can understand Mr. Roy's hesitation in moving court in India. It just may be a case of another never-ending battle. But, as most of you'll have said, consumer courts move fairly swiftly, so this should not be the case.
Old 9th November 2005, 17:09   #132
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech
But, as most of you'll have said, consumer courts move fairly swiftly, so this should not be the case.
6 months. They have to settle the case within 6 months of the consumer filing it. And there are specific grounds for appeals against the verdict - the company cannot just prolong the case by appealing on flimsy grounds.

I'm sure the Roys know this, because like Varun says they have a lawyer.
Old 9th November 2005, 17:28   #133
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech
The problem is that if Mr. Roy does not go to court after having an open and shut case such as this, Tata are the eventual winners, even if they do replace his Sumo with a new one. Afterall, what is 1 Sumo to the Tata's. This NEEDS to be taken to court and be brought out in newspapers.

Why, because the next time this happens to a customer, Tata will play the same game. Not everyone has the patience to Mr. Roy to continue a battle of this sort. The next guy may just accept his loss and move on.
It would be ideal if Roys actually take Tata Motors to court. But, what if they dont want to?

Now, why would one want to go to a court?

a) To get a verdict against Tatas and get a replacement for his car,
b) but more importantly, the bad publicity Tata Motors gets in media/newspaper.

We can not accomplish first part of it, but the second part can be done even without going to courts. Why, we ARE actually doing a bit of it right now, albeit in limited sense.
Old 9th November 2005, 18:05   #134
Senior - BHPian

BTW, any specific reasons, why Roys are not keen on going to the court, when they took so much pains to display the car in vahan yatra with stickers over it? I read somewhere earlier that they have a lawyer. Knowing full history, what has he advised so far?
Old 9th November 2005, 18:37   #135
GTO
Team-BHP Support

I think the lawyers have been smoking pot. I sued Mercedes without any legal advice. And you all know about the outcome.

GTO

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks