Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th August 2008, 04:13   #556
SuperSyn

I speak for all BHPians when I say my best wishes to you, VR. You have displayed a very unIndian tenacity and perseverance in seeking justice, all the while perhaps being aware that the return (monetary or new car) will fail to compensate for this expereince. Be strong!

If at all possible, take a small digicam and take some pictures of your journey to court on the fateful day, the premises from outside etc. Post them here so that we may get to live the experience.

Old 7th August 2008, 11:56   #557
Senior - BHPian

All the very best Varun. Hoping things work out fine for you.
Old 1st October 2008, 15:54   #558
Senior - BHPian

Varun, what happened?

Anyone here who knows Varun in person? What did the consumer forum say?
Old 29th October 2008, 14:56   #559
Senior - BHPian

Oh! What a bad experience to undergo in life?

What is the current status of the case? Is the car repaired? My family was always dead-against purchasing a TATA product - precisely the reason why TATA vehicles were never ever considered while we changed cars!
Old 30th October 2008, 11:59   #560
BHPian

Any more information on this? I just now went through the thread and is curios as everyone else , what happened with the consumer court case
Old 6th November 2008, 10:48   #561
Senior - BHPian

varun, can you please tell us the outcome of the ordeal? this is truly disgusting for any car owner to say the least.
Old 6th November 2008, 19:47   #562
BHPian

Dear Varun,

Thanks to your post I have decided not to buy a tata motors product, ever. I am sure this post prevents any more innocent buyers from falling prey to TATA.

Hope your case ended in your favour.
Old 5th January 2009, 18:54   #563
BHPian

[quote=varunroy;930149]
Quote:

As most of you are aware, the vehicle is lying at the Manipal Motors Workshop after I refused to take delivery of it.

Right now the the matter is being taken up at National Consumer Redressal Forum at New Delhi. The first hearing is coming up on the 12th of this month. Whatever be the outcome atleast I will have the satisfaction of doing my best.

As always, Grateful for all your blessings and good wishes.

So long....
Varun

whatever happened with the outcome on the National Consumer redressal forum?
Old 5th January 2009, 19:33   #564
BHPian

Good timing to bring back this thread. Lol at fate of Indica vista
Old 5th January 2009, 23:33   #565
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritz830 View Post
Good timing to bring back this thread. Lol at fate of Indica vista
Spoke to varun a while back and he has promised to write soon. Trust me, the guy has guts and the fight is hotting up and is at boiling point. lets all pray for Varun,s victory.

God bless.....
Old 10th January 2009, 12:47   #566
BHPian

1 more victim of the TATA Ordeal

Hi my name is Tanay,

I am owning a TATA Indigo LS since 2005....

I have just come across this thread and would like to share my nightmares with the car as well.....

When the car was bought from the first week my car started giving problems for starting. It would jerk and stop anywhere and only start after a Push (Embarrassment for us as it was new car and we are pushing it on the road)

When shown to TATA they would just come up with innovative reasons like
1. The Battery could have been a problem. - They Replaced it - NO SOLUTION
2. The Alternator would not be charging correctly - Repaired - NO SOLUTION
3. Then there can be a short circuit due to my Music System - Removed - NO SOLUTION ( They tried this to put the car out of warranty)
4. Then Ultimately the flood came in Mumbai (26/7) and the car got flooded and the ECU had to replaced (!!no other part was replaced or even touched as the water had dried completely after that) - Problem solved - !!!!surprisingly everything got sorted with the car.... The only help came from OM SAI Dealer who helped get the part under Warranty for me... Otherwise around 40000 Vitamin M would have been flooded.......

After this saga there was a another one with Wasan Workshop in Borivili
When the Car was given to them for regular service.....
1. They Stole my Front Component speakers (Blaupunkt - worth 5000)
2. They replaced my Ambi Pure Perfume with some Cheap alternative....
3. They Replaced my cigarette lighter with a defunct one....
4. The scratched my Silver Dashboard panel on fixing a light bulb....

Till today 3 years down the line they are still inquiring into the same and have not given any reply..... I HAVE STOPPED GIVING MY CAR FOR SERVICE TO WASAN.

Then After complaining to TATA Motors they told me to contact/Service the car at their company owned workshop in Lower Parel from next time....
I started doing that and for about 2 years I had no problem...

But last year when i gave my car for suspension overhuall they have ruined my car by making it worse and the problem is that i have change my suspension every 6 months which costs me 15-20 K Every time.....

On complaining they say that the our parts are not at fault but My contention is the whole car is TATA and whatever is at fault please rectify it i am willing to pay for it but if you have given me a defective part then you better pay for the rest as well because of which the existing part are getting spoilt.. no reply from them..

I have SWORN THAT FROM NOW ON I WILL NEVER BUY TATA CARS
Old 10th January 2009, 13:14   #567
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pace in Blood View Post
I have SWORN THAT FROM NOW ON I WILL NEVER BUY TATA CARS
you are one among many who have sworn this buddy, including me. i took this oath after selling our safari, reasons are same- maintainence issues. and less said about the resale value, the better. but my brother does not think this way and so we again have a safari in our family.

i really feel sad for TATA. they make really good cars. IMO, they are not the most exciting to drive or look but they are highly practical, very spacious and ideal for indian roads. but i dont believe that they are economical as whatever you save in fuel and initial puchase cost goes in repair costs.

TATA, please have a look at the numerous threads in T-BHP about the various issues and complaint in your cars and act accordingly. cars are not meant to be just cheap and fuel efficient, they need to be reliable as well.
Old 10th January 2009, 15:02   #568
BHPian

Varun

Are you there? can you please update on what going on in the case you have filed?
Old 14th January 2009, 17:13   #569
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
you are one among many who have sworn this buddy, including me. i took this oath after selling our safari, reasons are same- maintainence issues. and less said about the resale value, the better. but my brother does not think this way and so we again have a safari in our family.

i really feel sad for TATA. they make really good cars. IMO, they are not the most exciting to drive or look but they are highly practical, very spacious and ideal for indian roads. but i dont believe that they are economical as whatever you save in fuel and initial puchase cost goes in repair costs.

TATA, please have a look at the numerous threads in T-BHP about the various issues and complaint in your cars and act accordingly. cars are not meant to be just cheap and fuel efficient, they need to be reliable as well.

Hey Raj,

I know and appreciate the Value for Money given by TATA. But I have also been HARPING to my Father & Brother that the cost is actually much more as we end up paying more money in the garage and in Downpayment than the rest or which we would have spent in buying a better car for eg Honda city......
Old 14th January 2009, 22:04   #570
BHPian

I just spent the better part of 3 hours reading all 38 pages of this thread.

WOW! Hats off to U Varun. Keep up the good fight!

A friend of mine is in a similar situation. He's the owner of an independent Garage and has taken TATA to Consumer Court over the troubles he's faced with his new Safari Dicor (3ltr) and the case has been dragging for over a year now.

In my friend's case, the response of Tata is exactly similar to what Varun has been facing and it seems they really don't mind being taken to court rather than get the vehicle changed.

I had been mulling over between the Safari 2.2 and the Innova as my next vehicle and was leaning heavily towards the Safari. Now I'm finally convinced. No Tata product for me. EVER.

It's not so much as the vehicle being a Lemon that is disturbing. Not even the fact that Tata's replacement parts so bad that it doesn't work.Or the quality of repair/workmanship so shoddy. It's the apathy that Tata has to it's customers that has totally put me off.

Team-BHP is really fantastic. Kudos to all the members here who gave such unflagging support to our fellow member. I'm really proud to be one of you guys.

It's Funny-back in 2005, it's this site that convinced me to buy the Baleno- A car that was never in my radar till I came upon Team-bhp and it's been a fantastic ownership experience.Thank U All.

Late 2008, time to start considering a new ride and it was again the ownership experiences of various Team-bhp Safari 2.2 owners as well as the Polls of Safari vs Scorpio vs Innova that convinced me that the Safari, despite it's niggles and quality issues, was the next "car' to go in for.

Now here again, it's U guys that have finally convinced me never to buy a Tata product. Am I gullible or what?

Varun please keep us updated on how the Case is going and All the best of Luck to u.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks