Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd January 2009, 20:00   #571
BHPian

better late than never

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
but i dont believe that they are economical as whatever you save in fuel and initial puchase cost goes in repair costs.
Penny wise Pound foolish

A lot many people are realizing that but rather late after having burnt their fingers(or their Pockets to be percise)

God bless......
Old 20th March 2009, 11:45   #572
Senior - BHPian

See the ruling of Delhi Consumer Court for Lemon Indica

Auto company to pay over Rs 5L to consumer - Delhi - Cities - The Times of India

Delhi Consumer Court passed an order against Tata and Dealer of Tata car to pay 5 lakh + 25 K to consumer for defective Indica.

This is one of the hope that justice in India is delivered even if it is late.
Old 20th March 2009, 15:20   #573
Senior - BHPian

hatts off to varun and keep up your fight.Really bad scene to see from TATA, who has let so many owners swearing not to go for there products from now.Keep updating Varun.
Old 20th March 2009, 15:25   #574
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anujmishra View Post
Auto company to pay over Rs 5L to consumer - Delhi - Cities - The Times of India

Delhi Consumer Court passed an order against Tata and Dealer of Tata car to pay 5 lakh + 25 K to consumer for defective Indica.

This is one of the hope that justice in India is delivered even if it is late.
Interesting... Tata Motors is saying that the car has already run 80k' kms and is accidental.
Old 20th March 2009, 16:48   #575
Senior - BHPian

Varun, awaiting updates from your end.
I just hope that the Nano doesn't follow suit!
Old 15th June 2009, 21:07   #576
Senior - BHPian

Read through this thread and I'm quite astonished. Awesome move with the stickers though. Anybody who's had a very bad ownership experience would no doubt love to do that. BTW the Skoda instigating thread has an example of a similar sticker campaign.
Old 17th June 2009, 00:02   #577
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sureshkishore View Post
Dear Varun,

Thanks to your post I have decided not to buy a tata motors product, ever. I am sure this post prevents any more innocent buyers from falling prey to TATA.

Hope your case ended in your favour.
So many people here are dead against Tata, I own a petrol Tata for past 4 years, I am yet t face any major problem. Of course I had some niggling issues, but I found Tata Showroom & Tata Motors very co-operative and eager to help. I think there might be some kind of conspiracy by Japanese & Korean manufacturers to destroy our Indian businesses. Of course, Tata is still atleast 10 years behind in quality of foreign cars, but it is not as bad as people here scream about. There are many things better in Tata car compared to Jap cars. Jap cars are cramped and old M800, Zens, M1000, Gypsy, Omni were some of the most unsafe cars in the world. Tatas were the first to introduce crash tested cars in Indian market. After the intitial hicccups, Indica was not an outstanding car, but it served its purpose well. Indigo was the cheapest sedan, Esteem has disappeared but indigo is till around, the SPG (security of PM & Gandhi family) rely on Safari, Sumos howver people like to hate them are everywhere. so stop demeaning our Indian manufacturers. If not we who else will support it
Old 17th June 2009, 00:21   #578

I tend to agree with you. But at the same time I feel the indian manufacturers, be it car or bike, have been a protected lot. And this has worked against the consumer. I agree protection from foreign car and bike companies was necessary initially. But now the Indian compaines are well established and need to get their act together. We are still stuck with a 100%+ import duty which is basically protecting these guys. Why shouldn't these duties be done away with to get in some healthy competition here?
Old 27th July 2009, 15:20   #579
BHPian

Another protest again Tata motors Dealer in Faridabad

AMAR UJALA HINDI DAINIK
Old 27th July 2009, 17:14   #580
BHPian

Tata Horror!

I am stunned with the way Tata Motors have reacted to you Mr Varun. Well I am planning to go to the papers and tell them about the problems that I've faced on my Dicor which is just 3 months old now.

I will be meeting the Concorde Sales/Service Manager tomorrow. I already called them up today and have pressed for a replacement of my car. I am sure it won't work out. I spoke to a person in Hindu too. She too said that the Tata Motors do not replace any car.

What is the state of the case right now?
Old 27th July 2009, 20:49   #581
BHPian

Shame on part of Tata. I guess the owner of the vehicle should have sent this vehicle to Mr. Ratan Tata as a gift from all Tata Owners.

The lady deserves a new vehicle and keys handed over by Mr. Tata himself. Atleast then they (Tata guys) cant blame the executive for false promises.
Old 29th July 2009, 14:59   #582
BHPian

Could someone or Varun please let me know the current state of this case? its very disappointing to see a big automobile player behave this way. :(
Old 30th July 2009, 22:37   #583
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunpn View Post
I think there might be some kind of conspiracy by Japanese & Korean manufacturers to destroy our Indian businesses. course,
arunpn, no offence to your thoughts and you could be right too, but with the quality thats evident in the Tata Cars, its highly unlikely that anybody would bother to waste their time and energy in bringing down the Tatas. Their sales figures are in the open for all of to see.

Their All India No. 1 dealer Manipal Motors has shut down. The same dealer also won the best workshop Award for 3 consecutive years,lies haunted today.

Even then they have not woken up to serve their customers ( read Loyal).

Bantejas is the latest victim of Tatas and there are many more who choose to remain silent because our system does not punish these heavy weights. Just like you need some influence to get your work done in Govt. offices one needs to contact senior members of this forum to influence people in the Tatas to get your car repaired. No wonder a Safari owner was willing to burn down his car at the dealers showroom.

I can only feel the pain and agony of such Tata car owners who have spent their hard earned money to enjoy a fresh factory fitted (most importantly trouble-free) car. Surely they did not bargain for a refitted car and that too by semi skilled workers done in a place that lacks adequate infrastucture.

Lets wait and see what comes out of Varunroys case ?

Last edited by soccer : 30th July 2009 at 22:55. Reason: for additions
Old 1st August 2009, 16:49   #584
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bantejas View Post
I will be meeting the Concorde Sales/Service Manager tomorrow. I already called them up today and have pressed for a replacement of my car. I am sure it won't work out. I spoke to a person in Hindu too. She too said that the Tata Motors do not replace any car.

Did the meeting materialise? What was the outcome?

No Newpaper , Magazine or the electronic media would ever wisper about your ordeal in their issues. They all need business from Tata Motors.

God bless.....
Old 3rd August 2009, 10:56   #585
BHPian

I still haven't been able to meet them. They are just postponing things! I hope to meet them in a couple of days.

My friend actually has quit Hindu but she gave her other friend's number who deals with the automobile section. I have sent this link to him too and I am waiting for the response. Didn't have internet for a couple of days because of shifting and all. Within this week, I will try to do something.

tejas

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccer View Post
Did the meeting materialise? What was the outcome?

No Newpaper , Magazine or the electronic media would ever wisper about your ordeal in their issues. They all need business from Tata Motors.

God bless.....

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks