Team-BHP - 535(i) ways to express your joy in a BMW
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   535(i) ways to express your joy in a BMW (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/80456-535-i-ways-express-your-joy-bmw.html)

Note from Mod : A detailed Test Report of the F10 BMW 525d has been uploaded here. Please continue the discussion over on the review thread. This thread is closed.

(Disclaimer: specifications, features/price may be subject to change and will be updated if necessary)

BMW F10 535i

Expected Launch Date:
Price Band:Engine:Dimensions (exterior):Dimensions (interior):Weights:Steering:Transmission:Brakes:Wheels and tyresKey equipment:

safety:
Exterior:Interior:Technology:BMW connected drive:Light and sight:Interior:Comfort:Entertainment and communication:*available as part of many options package.
** will be confirmed at the time of launch.

exterior Colours
(alloy wheel designs shown may or may not represent the actual designs available for the Indian market):

alpine white
535(i) ways to express your joy in a BMW-alpine-white.jpg

black sapphire
535(i) ways to express your joy in a BMW-black-sapphire.jpg

imperial blue
535(i) ways to express your joy in a BMW-imperial-blue.jpg

spohisto grey
535(i) ways to express your joy in a BMW-sophisto-grey.jpg

space grey
535(i) ways to express your joy in a BMW-space-grey.jpg

titanium silver
535(i) ways to express your joy in a BMW-titanium-silver.jpg

Well the new 5 series has finally arrived.It will be interesting to see how the battle between the new E-class and new 5 series fares in India.The engine seems to be the same one as in the Z4.No diesels initially?

the 550i is the car to die for :D

The launch is on 30th April at Mumbai and I(we) got the invite for the event. Here are a few of the details.

Date: 30 April 2010

Time: 12.15 pm

Venue: BMW Pavilion, Grand Hyatt, Mumbai

Cheers,

Jay

58L Ex-Showroom is a lot for the 535i, but then I suppose that is the price of initial lots which are in CBU format correct?

I hope they rush the CKD's quickly and get in the diesels with similar configurations like the CBU mentioned above for around 48-50 ex showroom would pretty much kill the E-Class.

Quote:

Originally Posted by S350L-E240 (Post 1860462)
would pretty much kill the E-Class.

Not so easy. BMW has designed a great looking car.
But the current gen E class is a return to Mercedes values. The new E Class is a darn good car.

62 lakhs on road price,i still remember when the E-class broke the "psychological" 30 lakh barrier,for this segment of cars.

Loads of equipment,like the alloys on the space grey model.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JayPrashanth (Post 1859890)
The launch is on 30th April at Mumbai and I(we) got the invite for the event. Here are a few of the details.

Date: 30 April 2010

Time: 12.15 pm

Venue: BMW Pavilion, Grand Hyatt, Mumbai

Cheers,

Jay

My invite says May 2nd. Friday afternoon(30th) noon is an odd time for a launch, must be for the press mainly. Any BHPians attending the Sunday event?

The car is brilliant and has an engine to die for!! But the pricing is too off!

Looks like the result of a severe permutation combination saga. Somehow I see traits of 5 series and 7 series here. Personally, I find the older version way more appealing than the newer version.

Pricing seems to be too high for a 5 series. Well, thanks to the outrageous CBU pricing. I think an older 5 series for 30 odd lakhs looks like a way better off deal than the newer 5 series - That is again my opinion. :D

400NM torque from a 3 litre engine :eek:. Have never heard of that before. And the alloys on the Sophisto Grey is awesome.

A different alloy design for each of the colours. Briliant

Quote:

max torque: 400 NM@ 1200-5000 rpm!
WoW. Thats a great flat torque all over!
The turbine alloys on imerial blue look stunning!

Quote:

Radio BMW Professional with CD drive, double tuner, MP3 decoder
With Blue Ray era starting why they still offering CD drive :mad: atleast a DVD player!

Quote:

Xenon Headlights for high and low beam, incl. automatic headlight range control
What are these automatic range control? Based on what factor does auto ranging happen. Is it same as Adaptive xenons in Superb?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sahil (Post 1860745)
My invite says May 2nd. Friday afternoon(30th) noon is an odd time for a launch, must be for the press mainly. Any BHPians attending the Sunday event?

The car is brilliant and has an engine to die for!! But the pricing is too off!

Yeah, press launch on 30th.

Cheers,

Jay

F10 5 series India website is online.

It is showing 4 variants (523i, 535i, 525d & 530d)

Wanted to upload the catalog, but the file is too large (14 MB). Its available on the website.

Link:

http://www.bmw.in/in/en/newvehicles/5series/sedan/2010/showroom/index.html

5 series catalogue and spec sheets

live webcast on BMW Press Conference

Ex showroom price: