Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th April 2010, 13:55   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
MB's Executive Edition priced at Rs.27.5 lacs is for fleet sales (scheme sales/ offer) & not for individual buyers, unlike BMW's CE, which can bough by individuals as well.

These big numbers by MB are actually fleet sales to a Hotel or big Taxi operator, nothing to do with enthusiasts.
The recent deal by Merc is not a corporate deal. Its a group deal and the group comprises individuals from all walks of life like Builders, industrialist, doctors, lawyers etc. Its not actually a fleet sales as reported int he papers atleast.
Old 29th April 2010, 14:26   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
The recent deal by Merc is not a corporate deal. Its a group deal and the group comprises individuals from all walks of life like Builders, industrialist, doctors, lawyers etc. Its not actually a fleet sales as reported int he papers atleast.
Noted... thanx.
But, can you go for a EE as an individual.
No. But, you can for the same when you show them the numbers... this economies of scale, not consumer orientation. They still want to be the niche product seller as per their reputation. Will you be looking to wait long to buy the car in order garner enough numbers to their satisfaction.

On the other hand, BMW does so to maintain its leadership position.

It's a different story altogether with Audi (no such offer as far as I know).

These are just marketing strategies by the manufacturers. We have to select the best for ourselves.
Old 29th April 2010, 14:56   #18
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

going by the title of this thread, looks like Merc struck pay dirt in Aurangabad! amazing!
Old 29th April 2010, 14:59   #19
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
going by the title of this thread, looks like Merc struck pay dirt in Aurangabad! amazing!
Right in the heart of Audi Land!!!
Old 29th April 2010, 15:02   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Right in the heart of Audi Land!!!
Maybe Audi and BMW took a close look at this and decided it was not going to be profitable enough.

This is an amazing precedent though. I bet it will spur more such group buys in clubs etc.
Old 29th April 2010, 17:08   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathyaprakash View Post
I heard they directly negotiated with the manufacturer for better discount & many rounds where made with dealer also , it seems they had a very BIG discount

can any one in this forum know the actuall discounts they got for the base variant?
I have put all the discounted prices and ex-showroom prices in my first post of this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
MB's Executive Edition priced at Rs.27.5 lacs is for fleet sales (scheme sales/ offer) & not for individual buyers, unlike BMW's CE, which can bough by individuals as well.

These big numbers by MB are actually fleet sales to a Hotel or big Taxi operator, nothing to do with enthusiasts.
All these cars have been bought by individuals, many of them are know to me. Nothing to do with fleet sales. And most of them are fully loaded versions - not CE or EE as may be the case.

This event was also reported by TOI on their front page today, but you heard it first here - on TEAMBHP
Old 29th April 2010, 18:41   #22
BHPian

Good Job Manish! I read this in today's TOI and am surpirsed to see that this tread was opened April 1st week. You guys have good connections!
Old 29th April 2010, 19:19   #23
BHPian

Power of unity

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishk123 View Post
All these cars have been bought by individuals,
This event was also reported by TOI on their front page today, but you heard it first here - on TEAMBHP
Thank you manishk123, for this thread.And yes, we got the news first on this forum.Thank you, TEAMBHP. ( I read the said news in today's TOI )
I believe this bulk collective purchasing is a very significant event in the Indian automobile history. The unity of the customers is worth commendable.And yes its a win- win situation for the customers, the dealer, as well as for the company.
Old 29th April 2010, 20:07   #24
BHPian

Thanks Manish !

Not only does it help these individuals get a better deal while buying the car, how about any news of the maintenance package ? Was that negotiated too
Old 29th April 2010, 20:44   #25
Senior - BHPian

That's a good co-ordination done by the buyers. Who is behind this idea? Wonder how they could get 115 buyers.
Old 29th April 2010, 20:47   #26
BHPian

the story goes like this , it was b.u. bhandari of pune , its newly appointed dealer for merc got its roadshow down here and planned to sell at least 50 mercs in this year. the target was huge though these people managed to pursue a good number of 45 at the first go and he did offered a good discount , knowing that everybody jumped in to the the fray and there it was 115 bookings straight.
any way hard feelings for audi , as a local brand here couldnt manage anything.!
Old 30th April 2010, 00:51   #27
BHPian

Can something like this be done by members of TEAM BHP, not necessarily Mercedes but yes dont we have significant number of prospective buyers who have a time frame to purchase a new car(say May-June, 2010), we can get significant discounts from other auto companies as well. Just a suggestion, I hope its not against rules.
Old 30th April 2010, 02:37   #28
BHPian

Moral of the story: United we stand, divided we fall. This is an awesome way in getting what you want for a discount price. On the flip side, this is what most companies do. By colluding and creating oligopolies, they are able to exploit the market to its fullest advantage. There are 2 sides to the coin after all!
Old 30th April 2010, 08:05   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Man, this takes "group buying" to an entirely different level in the Indian context. I guess its the first time that individuals have collaborated, to use the advantage of bulk purchasing toward discounts. Its noteworthy to mention that they considered "other brands" too. In almost all certainty, we can safely presume that BMW was part of the negotiations. Audi? Maybe. The Skoda Superb must feel terrible about being overlooked; Aurangabad is Skoda's home town!

On the other hand, delivery is going to take them another 4 - 5 months.
not only skoda but audi as well been overlooked. the beautifully crafted stone at its aurangabad facility reads AUDI manufactured at abad , but the marketing teams at audi always lack the stuff i think to push such deals which they should have captured anyways. i dont remember any roadshows have been organised by audi in tire 2 & tire 3 cities where enexplored potantial is huge.
Old 30th April 2010, 09:11   #30
J.Ravi

Here is a report in today's Deccan Herald on the same subject:
Attached Thumbnails
Its raining Mercs - 115 Mercedes booked at Aurangabad-aurangabad.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks