Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th July 2010, 09:17   #151
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post

My take they will not do it and say that the petrol one is the base variant, which would be in the 12-14L range.

Now there again, why a 1.2 TSI for 14L?
Well, if a 1.2 TSI POLO with the works in the UK retails for roughly 13 L, a Yeti with the features mentioned would definitely be comparable if not higher specced. So, I think we have to look beyond a pure displacement vs price comparison now. The market is moving beyond that. If we stick to that regime, we will keep crying ourselves hoarse especially as engine displacements are trending down the world over.
Old 7th July 2010, 11:55   #152
Distinguished - BHPian

I went to the new Skoda showroom in Gurgaon which had Yeti on Display, they do not have the car on display now. The Sales staff said the car will be launched in September in the price range of 16-17lacs.
Old 7th July 2010, 14:44   #153
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
The Sales staff said the car will be launched in September in the price range of 16-17lacs.
Did they share any info on variants (TSI/TDI) and trim levels?
Old 7th July 2010, 14:47   #154
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbraj View Post
Did they share any info on variants (TSI/TDI) and trim levels?
According to the sales staff only the TDi Manual variant is coming at the time of launch.
Old 7th July 2010, 15:16   #155
BHPian

@nilesh5417
it had come to the showroom

@anandpadhye
can't really comment on that since didn't drive it.
though the sales staff also had a little idea about it, they tried their best to confuse me between the hill decent control system and the power distribution system while explaining about the 4X4 drive system.
will write down once i drive it - next month.

Last edited by samyakmodi : 7th July 2010 at 15:21.
Old 7th July 2010, 16:57   #156
BHPian

I spoke to Vinayak Cars in Bangalore regarding the Yeti. They say it will come at an approximate price of Rs 17 lakhs ex showroom Bangalore for one of the variants of a 2 litre Diesel. The car will come with 2 variants. At this price, it is dissappointing, and may end up with a Fabia kind of sales and a situation where they will see more cars in the showroom than on the roads. Is this the company that is selling the Superb?....
Old 8th July 2010, 07:30   #157
BHPian

Another perspective to prospective pricing.
When the new Corolla altis was being launched, all the dealers were consistently quoting the estimated price at around 14-16 lakhs ex-showroom. It was actually launched at much lower price. Some kind of reverse psychology at work.
Hopefully this is the case here too.
Old 8th July 2010, 09:39   #158
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by crackingride View Post
Well, if a 1.2 TSI POLO with the works in the UK retails for roughly 13 L, a Yeti with the features mentioned would definitely be comparable if not higher specced. So, I think we have to look beyond a pure displacement vs price comparison now. The market is moving beyond that. If we stick to that regime, we will keep crying ourselves hoarse especially as engine displacements are trending down the world over.
Even I am of the same opinion. What I was thinking is that, how can one tune the same displacement spec for efficiency of a small car and at the same time also tune it differently to a mid-size SUV?
Assuming Yeti would call for good initial torque requirements.
Old 9th July 2010, 09:54   #159
BHPian

OT::

@happygolucky

buddy the dealership in indore was quoting 9-12 lacs max for the corolla altis diesel. prices start from 12 lacs.
test drove one yesterday, nice car, handles well, slightly under powered but nothing to break the deal. was just about to finalise it, but the arrogance of the sales guy spoilt the mood. going for the laura now.
Old 9th July 2010, 12:08   #160
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samyakmodi View Post
OT::

@happygolucky

buddy the dealership in indore was quoting 9-12 lacs max for the corolla altis diesel. prices start from 12 lacs.
test drove one yesterday, nice car, handles well, slightly under powered but nothing to break the deal. was just about to finalise it, but the arrogance of the sales guy spoilt the mood. going for the laura now.
Are you trying to say that the Corrola Altis diesel has been launched in Indore.

Last edited by ranc : 9th July 2010 at 12:20.
Old 9th July 2010, 12:21   #161
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranc View Post
Are you trying to say that the Corrola Altis has been launched in Indore.
The petrol one - yes, all over India, and that too a few years ago ;-)

The dialogue between the two was about the petrol one, even I was initially lost only to realize they were talking retrospectively

Edit - Just saw your edited post which has 'diesel' added
Old 9th July 2010, 13:26   #162
BHPian

@ranc

not launched yet. launch date is 21st july. they have the car here for RTO clearance n blah blah. Would also be showcasing the car to people - deliveries start 26th july.

**still trying to get rid of the foul taste yesterday!
Old 9th July 2010, 14:07   #163
Senior - BHPian

Folks, this the Yeti thread and we are going off topic into Altis diesel. Please post here.
Old 9th July 2010, 22:12   #164
BANNED

Today i got a SMS from Gurudev motors informing me that YETI is at display in showroom next week 12-18 th July.

Bookings are also open.So how many from chennai to buy it?
Old 11th July 2010, 06:04   #165
BHPian

I saw the Yeti at Vinayak Cars, Bangalore on Friday. It was a piece from the German stable as the SP told me...it was a LHD. It had a 4x4 bading at the back and was a 2lt Diesel. The interiors were all black including the leather seats, with not too much gadgetry that i could make out. The luggage space was huge. Once inside the car, the seating is more Sedan like and does not have a commanding view of the road. The back seat is suited more for 4 than 5. The vehicle seems more like a Fusion with a Skoda skin. The quality of plastics were good though.

The pricing OTR will be Rs 22L as the SP told me. This is the price for the high end Laura L&K AT and the Superb 1.8TSI MT. Not sure if too many Yetis will be seen on the streets.....the 1.2TSI should have come in at around Rs 11L OTR or so to have any momentum for this product. The Fusion was perhaps ahead of its time and did not sell at around Rs 8L OTR not sure if Yeti will sell at 2.8 times the price although enginewise Yeti has more power.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks