Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th November 2010, 17:31   #421
BHPian

Having owned a Skoda earlier : if me or my family were looking for a car right now : we would have bought the Yeti with our eyes closed.

Agree with devdath - Never faced a problem with the Octi. Solidly built, minimal electronics. In fact, I feel, since the Octi wasn't "too" sophisticated (read less electronics) it was reliable. Yes : maintenance was expensive.

Hope the Yeti sales in decent numbers. I don't expect it to set the sales charts on fire.
Old 15th November 2010, 17:36   #422
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benzinblut View Post
Yes the TD is on its way. Spotted theTD car and met the mods/TD team on 12th Nov near New Bombay.

Link to the spotting is here:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...ml#post2137885
Did you see them off-road, or only on-road?

I would like to see the Tyres (The spec says the size is only 215/16), and support for off-roading. I hope soon we will see some off/semi-off roading reports too. Can't wait to read/see the reports.
Old 15th November 2010, 17:54   #423
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agbenny View Post
Did you see them off-road, or only on-road?

I would like to see the Tyres (The spec says the size is only 215/16), and support for off-roading. I hope soon we will see some off/semi-off roading reports too. Can't wait to read/see the reports.
Met them on-road on their way to pune. Lets wait for the review and see how they found it.
Old 15th November 2010, 18:22   #424
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
For you and me - well, we need to decide frankly whether we are in the market at this time for a 19-20 lac soft roader with reasonable off road ability or NOT.
Well, somehow, I feel that barring road presence alone, the Yeti can do 90% of what the T-Fort can, at INR 5lacs lesser. Does it suit me? Mostly yes, since I m a fan of FE, Skoda build quality and the fantastic engine.
My grouses: Too many electronic gizmos on it which need to prove themselves in the Indian Driving Conditions and more importantly in the Indian Maintenance and fuel conditions.

Will I buy it? Certainly yes, but not immediately since I need to see its electronic gizmos for a while. Which is also why I didn't buy that Landie that was offered to me for peanuts.

Will I buy it over the T-Fort if I can afford the T-Fort? Hell, no.

Will I wait to be able to buy the T-Fort even if the Yeti proves itself or buy the Yeti?

Yeti any day.
Old 15th November 2010, 19:10   #425
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
Hey GTO,

is it with all cars? In the sense the state of production has lesser ex showroom price than other states?

Sorry to ask this, but i have never noticed this. Since many are based in / around Chennai, TN would have good benefits.
It depends on the pricing strategy. Mitsubishi Outlander has same pricing across the country.
Old 15th November 2010, 19:25   #426
BHPian

found this on ET

they say that Skoda is claiming 17.67kmpl for both the Yeti variants...wow!! (though could not find anything of sorts on the Skoda website)

peace,
~kg
Old 15th November 2010, 19:28   #427
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapilvgupta View Post
they say that Skoda is claiming 17.67kmpl for both the Yeti variants...wow!! (though could not find anything of sorts on the Skoda website)
With sedate driving (90-100kmph) on a flat typical 4 lane highway, it should be possible since it is close to what the Laura gives too.

@GTO: Where is the Road Test Saar?
Old 15th November 2010, 19:50   #428
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
With sedate driving (90-100kmph) on a flat typical 4 lane highway, it should be possible since it is close to what the Laura gives too.

@GTO: Where is the Road Test Saar?
well ideally the official FE figures are supposed to be 60/40 on the highway/city cycle and these are supposed to be ARAI tested figures. But then again could not find anything on these on the Skoda website so am a bit apprehensive of this figure myself.

waiting for a comprehensive road test and hoping it covers the FE aspect too.

peace,
~kg
Old 15th November 2010, 20:39   #429
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Souvik View Post
@Shankar: Sorry, yet to receive the ex-showroom prices from Bangalore dealers.

Souvik
OTR in Bangalore is 19.27L for the Ambiente and 20.75L for the Elegance trims. There is a waiting period of 3 months (Vinayak Skoda) and the lady told me they had 125 odd outstanding bookings to take care of first. This looks delicious

For reference sake, the OTR of Laura elegance MT was 18.79L and the elegance DSG AT was 19.99L. So the yeti seems very well priced indeed. The elegance version is very well kitted too.

Just waiting for the TD and if that is as good as Laura's was I am going to be booking this in a hurry !!
Old 15th November 2010, 20:41   #430
Team-BHP Support

According to me the Elegance is probably the one to go for and makes more sense money wise. It is about 1.6l cheaper than the Laura L&K offering all the features of the L&K besides a sunroof, a DSG, and xenons. Seems very well loaded for the price.

I think Skoda is getting their pricing spot on nowadays.

If a Yeti L&K is launched all it will have over the normal one is probably a Panoramic sunroof, Auto headlamps with xenons, and a DSG.

Old 15th November 2010, 21:53   #431
Senior - BHPian

No Auto ?

Wish they had brought in an auto version as well.
If the positioning is the urban yuppie who wants a SUVish kind of car then an auto is also what this guy needs . Overall the pricing and features look spot on. I went and had a look at the car at arshia motors in Connaught place, it surprisingly small and makes a CRV look like a beast !
Fit and Finish of interiors is top notch and the closest one can get to a Merc or BMW with 17 Lakhs. Any news on an auto arriving soon??
Old 15th November 2010, 22:01   #432
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik_kapur View Post
Wish they had brought in an auto version as well.
If the positioning is the urban yuppie who wants a SUVish kind of car then an auto is also what this guy needs . Overall the pricing and features look spot on. I went and had a look at the car at arshia motors in Connaught place, it surprisingly small and makes a CRV look like a beast !
Fit and Finish of interiors is top notch and the closest one can get to a Merc or BMW with 17 Lakhs. Any news on an auto arriving soon??
Does it look smaller while inside the cabin? IMHO that is what matters more !
Old 15th November 2010, 23:03   #433
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryManUnited View Post
Does it look smaller while inside the cabin? IMHO that is what matters more !
Hmm.. if you were to compare it to a CRV or Captiva then yes. Its not as tall as those cars, its shorter and more like a saloon inside. It has the all important luxury feel which is lacking in the Fortuner, Endy and company.
Old 15th November 2010, 23:22   #434
BHPian

Hey guys went and checked the Yeti today on my way back home after finalizing a pearl white Aria..

Yeti is awesome.. The fit and finish would leave you speechless and the car may not have oodles of space but what you get in it is enough. Maybe a bit cramped for 6 ft people but for a 5.8 ft guy like me i was quite comfortable.. I checked out the elegance trim and the car looks quite loaded with features and wouldn't leave you complaining for the lack of them.. It looks like a great car over all and is not that small either.. In fact I think that even the pricing is alright for the quality that you get in it.. I am sure that the car is going to be a big hit even at that price.. It is a very niche product and there are a lot of people who would gladly spend 17 to 19 lacs on a car like that.. As I have read in the above posts that a dealer has already got 125 bookings so far.. I am not shocked to hear that..

But the Yeti is not the car that my family wants at the moment..
Old 16th November 2010, 00:36   #435
BHPian

Now Launched!!!
Skoda has launched its crossover, the Yeti here in New Delhi today. And as discussed earlier, the prices are exactly as we'd predicted. Skoda India have priced this five seat crossover at Rs 15.4 lakh for the Ambiente version and Rs 16.62 lakh for the Elegance version. Ex-Maharashtra, the price starts at Rs 14.98 lakh for the Ambiente version and Rs 16.04 lakh for the Elegance version.

Powered by a 2.0-litre common-rail diesel engine with 140 bhp of peak power and 32.4 kgm of peak torque, the Yeti is currently only available with a six-speed manual tranny with an automatic expected in the next few months, subject to market demands.
With its quirky styling and compact dimensions, the Yeti seats five and uses a new varioflex seating system that allows the seats in the second row to to be used in a many ways - they can either be folded down or forward or even removed individually or re-adjusted to make space for two.

Based on the same platform as the Laura, it uses a lot more Laura bits than just the engine. The dashboard, controls and other trim bits are all borrowed from the notchback, and uses the same quality of materials too. Well built interiors apart, it also has good underpinnings, including a smart Haldex four-wheel drive system that transfers as much as 90 per cent torque to the rear wheels.

Skoda is confident of doing some very good numbers with the Yeti. The company has already received over 1000 pre-orders and could be looking at even higher numbers after the launch today.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks