Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th May 2010, 18:38   #121
BHPian

YETI in Showrooms

Just went and checked out the YETI in showroom in gurgaon- Jai Skoda
LHD version has been put on display and there is feedback form for possible buyers to fill in - as feedback prelaunch of vehicle.

Form asks for feedback at expected price of INR 17-18 Lakhs
Also the dealer said the launch will be by September 2010.

I think the pricing is just a bit above what most had expected. God give them some sense to launch at right price.
Old 17th May 2010, 18:47   #122

17-18 Lakhs ???? Are they day dreaming ? Skoda won't be able to sell more than 50-60 units per month with that price. Sorry Yeti, Indian market is too hot for you
Old 17th May 2010, 23:46   #123
Distinguished - BHPian

I saw a silver Yeti parked at the new Skoda dealership in Gurgaon.
Old 18th May 2010, 00:15   #124
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
The Yeti will be a wonderful option for those opting for CRV, GV, Captiva. It has all what it requires for repeating Superb's story in this segment. But, it needs good support from Skoda A.S.S. in the long run.
The Yeti looks timid in comparison to the Fortuner,Endy,Captiva as far as size and street presence goes.And that,my friend is a big factor that potential buyers in that particular segment look for.

Regarding the CR-V,it doesn't have that brashness,but it does have the size and the presence.Moreover its a Honda.And as for the Vitara,no one buys any because,again, it looks a bit soft and lacks that presence.Add brand image and gas-guzzling,high-revving petrol mill(in a SUV!)to that.

I think even the brilliant Outlander doesn't clock up decent sales because it lacks that tacky hairy chested brashness of the Fortuner or the toughness of the Endy(After all,these are all basic body on ladder chassis,pick-up derivatives!).And the lack of a diesel too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by METISWHG View Post
Form asks for feedback at expected price of INR 17-18 Lakhs
Definitely too high.A couple of lakhs cheaper might do the trick.Though I have a hunch that the Yeti might end up like the Vitara or the Tucson!
Old 18th May 2010, 09:48   #125
BHPian

I am not very conversant with the pricing part of Skoda all along. Though the quality of the cars are unquestionable, the pricing is not good for people who look at middle range of vehicles.

For a 2.0 litre engine, I thought it would have been best to price it below the 10 lakhs range. Probably being a Skoda, I thought it would be 2 lakhs higher.

The market for the small to mid-size SUV's that can do urban and the occassional offroading is something the segment is looking at.
Old 18th May 2010, 14:29   #126
BHPian

Here are some details about the Skoda Yeti in India:-

The Skoda Yeti will be launched by later half of the year 2010.
It will be launched with a price range of approximately 17- 18 lacs rupees (ex-showroom).
The Yeti will be launched with a 2.0 litre diesel common rail motor and a 6 speed manual transmission.

The booking procedure is fully supported by Skoda Auto India and the booking is possible only in the dealership.

It is endowed with the following features:

Corner function for fog lamps
Varioflex seating
Intelligent four wheel drive
4th Generation Haldex Clutch to maintain excellent traction

Note: Got the above from the Skoda India Facebook page.

Souvik
Old 4th June 2010, 18:34   #127
Senior - BHPian

Overdrive Report

Overdrive's Shirish has written the first drive report of the Yeti
Big Foot! - Skoda Yeti First Drive - First Drive : Overdrive
What is interesting is, he feels it may be priced at 12 lakhs which he thinks should be around 10 lakhs to be realistic!
Cargo space of 400-500 ltrs is not bad for a vehicle which just measure 4.2 meters in length.
Old 4th June 2010, 18:53   #128
BHPian

Thanks for the link @Guna.

10-12 lakhs ex showroom price would make this car sell well. I definitely would consider this one, atleast consider at this pricing. Will not even look at it if priced 17 lakhs odd.

I doubt if Skoda will be able to offer this car at that price range, looking at the features on offer. Wait and watch.
Old 4th June 2010, 21:17   #129
Distinguished - BHPian

^^ Even if the lowest variant is priced closer to that, the Yeti will be a hit.
Old 13th June 2010, 13:45   #130
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
^^ Even if the lowest variant is priced closer to that, the Yeti will be a hit.
I totally agree. According to me Yeti is a great value even at 15-16 lacs and at that price it matches the SUVs costing several lacs more, in terms of value it delivers. Just that it is dimensionally smaller (actually only shorter in length).
According to the reviews, Yeti is the most car like softroader around, yet it is much capable offroad then the likes of CRV or a Captiva.
Unlike many SUVs, the rear seats are contoured, have very big base, are slidable and can be reclined.
Boot space appears small, but is equals the boot space of a GV at 410 ltrs and can be increased to 500 ltrs (which is what bigger SUVs have) by sliding the rear seats towards front.
Flexibility in terms of folding/removing the rear seats is enormous.
Very smart and clever vehicle indeed.
Only 1.2 TSI seem to be available with DSG box and all the diesel variants come with only manual transmission. Wonder why.

Last edited by Guna : 13th June 2010 at 13:48.
Old 18th June 2010, 14:55   #131
SCH
BHPian

Any Information on Launch date in India

Do we now have any information about the launch date in India. There is a Yeti trail taking place in Europe by some jounalist. The daily report is available in the MID DAY newspaper in Delhi. They would finish their journey acroos Europe in October two Yeti's are being driven. Does it imply that Yeti would be launched in October during Diwali time.
Old 1st July 2010, 08:34   #132
Senior - BHPian

Yeti bookings open

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCH View Post
Do we now have any information about the launch date in India.
There is a Laura ad in today's times which also has a teaser for Yeti which says the Yeti will be on display between 1st and 6th July and the bookings are open.
Old 1st July 2010, 09:16   #133
BHPian

yes I saw this ad too and was surprised... I was expecting a GTO style report before it hits the road.

Lets be positive of Skoda's pricing and assume they will take a cue from their current Superb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
There is a Laura ad in today's times which also has a teaser for Yeti which says the Yeti will be on display between 1st and 6th July and the bookings are open.
Old 1st July 2010, 09:31   #134
Team-BHP Support

With the Outlander RVR coming up next year (Only some news spreading around. no confirmations as far as I know), this segment is already heating-up, even before an entry is made!
Old 1st July 2010, 09:53   #135
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Interesting! Does that mean that prices are available or are they expecting people to put down their money without any prior information I wonder?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks