Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th April 2010, 16:14   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Totally agree with you there.
Once the engine specs are same, in no way they will price it below Laura. It can only be higher.

Also how much is the localization of spares?

I'd like to know the extent of localization as well, but by all accounts the spares are coming down in cost. Also remember, one can always source them from Dubai for less than skodas current prices.
Old 30th April 2010, 16:18   #47

My friend saw this car in Delhi Auto Expo and according to him it is marginally bigger than Ford Fusion. I know it has more frills than Fusion but majority of Indian public goes by the ROAD PRESENCE of a car than its driving antics. With a price tag of 17 lacs, skoda would only manage to find few passionate.
Old 30th April 2010, 16:33   #48
SCH
BHPian

Skoda Yeti launch | DWS Auto India. According to the above link launch is slotted for June 2010.
Old 30th April 2010, 16:51   #49
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : One-liners that add ZERO value to the thread are strictly prohibited on Team-BHP. In fact, they are considered as SPAM. Please do not hit the post submit button unless you have something of value to add to the thread.

We advise you to visit our board rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 4th May 2010 at 17:31.
febyphilabr is offline   Received Infraction
Old 30th April 2010, 17:14   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCH View Post
Skoda Yeti launch | DWS Auto India. According to the above link launch is slotted for June 2010.
Guess that more or less settles the debate on the pricing and launch!
Old 30th April 2010, 18:25   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by urban_legend View Post
I wouldn't be so sure about that. They claim a 110 bhp diesel, by all accounts it's the 140 that is slated for release. My dealer confirms the June date though...
Old 30th April 2010, 19:27   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The indian roads would get a taste of the 2.0 litre diesel variant, guess like the past Skoda plans to launch one variant at a time. The price what he told me would be around 17 lakhs (ex-showrrom Delhi).
Some basic questions. I know it is a bit late in this thread. I went through the entire thread again and found no answers.

1) Which variant of Yeti is being launched at 17 Lakhs Ex Showroom - Experience, Ambition or Track?

2) FrontWD or 4WD?

3) 5/6/7 speed transmission? Manual/auto?

Quote:
Originally Posted by imp! View Post
If the Yeti is priced at 17 lacs ON ROAD in Bangalore, then I feel it would be excellent value for money.
At this price point, I expect steering mounted audio controls, front airbags, touch screen with integrated bluetooth and leather interiors. Under the hood, it really ought to come with everything they are selling in Europe. Don't strip hill assist, differential locking etc etc.
Why only front airbags?
At 17L on road, I would expect a trimmed down Experience version - 4WD, ESP, ABS, 11 airbags, park assist, climatronic.
At 21L on road, I would expect full fledged Experience version.

Such a Yeti would still make me consider it alongside Fortuner. Skoda's A.S.S. and reliability notwithstanding.
Old 30th April 2010, 19:44   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbraj View Post
Some basic questions. I know it is a bit late in this thread. I went through the entire thread again and found no answers.

1) Which variant of Yeti is being launched at 17 Lakhs Ex Showroom - Experience, Ambition or Track?

2) FrontWD or 4WD?

3) 5/6/7 speed transmission? Manual/auto?

Why only front airbags?
At 17L on road, I would expect a trimmed down Experience version - 4WD, ESP, ABS, 11 airbags, park assist, climatronic.
At 21L on road, I would expect full fledged Experience version.

Such a Yeti would still make me consider it alongside Fortuner. Skoda's A.S.S. and reliability notwithstanding.

I'm not aware of the different nomenclatures you are using to differentiate between models.

However in terms of curtain, side impact airbags, you are talking L&K territory. You can't seriously expect them to dilute their brand by provoding L&K features for 4 lacs cheaper(keep in mind that I'm talking onroad prices)

the diesel is a 4wd 6 sp 140 bhp CRDI engine.

*** in bangalore with Vinayak cars is pretty good. Reliability of skoda manuals is somewhat better than the autos. They have fixed the horn/ac problem by changing some parts. The timing belts are now timing chains. Their one Achilles heel is the clutch assembly.
Old 30th April 2010, 19:53   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by imp! View Post
I'm not aware of the different nomenclatures you are using to differentiate between models.
Check the spec from skoda-auto.com. The link given by SCH earlier too talks of the same variants. A google search gives the following.

Quote:
Active (Track) models feature as standard:
* Driver and front passenger airbag
* Passenger airbag deactivation switch
* Front side airbags
* ABS including EBD + MBA + MSR + TCS
* Height- and reach-adjustable steering wheel
* Daytime running lights
* Bottle holders in the storage boxes
* Outside temperature display
* Light check (function check of vehicle lights)
* VarioFlex system
* Folding central arm rest in the rear with load-through opening
* Roof rails
* Central locking
* Height adjustable driver and front passenger seats
* Electric front windows
* Electric door mirrors
* Steel wheels Rif 7Jx16"

Ambition models add (in addition to Active):
* Curtain airbags
* Driver knee airbag
* Front fog lamps
* Instruments with brightness adjustment
* Dashboard with multi-function display (on-board computer)
* Folding table in middle rear seat backrest
* Fastening system in the boot with moveable hooks
* Net programme (three nets)
* Climatic air conditioning
* Electrically adjustable and heated door mirrors
* Tinted windows
* Alloy wheels Moon 7Jx16"
* Body colour door mirrors and handles
* Side protection strips
* Chrome-plated interior door handles

Experience models add (in addition to Ambition):
* Off-road button / off-road driving assistant (4x4 only)
* Front fog lamps with cornering function
* 4 spoke leather steering wheel
* Storage box under the passenger seat
* Jumbo storage box with adjustable front central arm rest
* Glasses case
* Maxi DOT display
* Central locking with remote control (two folding remote keys)
* Dual-zone air conditioning with electronic regulation, odour filter and automatic circulation air switch
* Lumbar supports in the front backrests
* Electric front and rear windows
* Boarding spots (integrated in door mirrors) illuminating door area
* Alloy wheels Dolomite 7Jx17"
Source - Skoda Yeti (2010) with pictures and wallpapers
Old 30th April 2010, 20:05   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If it was a conspiracy then i dont what they are achieving by doing this gimmick. It is better to quote a competitive pricing to ensure that they get the maximum customers even before the launch.
Just from a marketing perspective. Get this, if the rumor mill (which not necessarily implies Top Skoda honchos, but through internet forums and auto-journos) suggests a high price tag and the Skoda waalas come back with a VFM pricing (maybe), it will invoke a positive response from prospective buyers and Skoda looks like a hero. AFAIK, Skoda has not published an official statement around yeti's pricing.

OT - I remember my conversation with the Fiat folks @ the Delhi Auto expo, wherein the Delhi ex showrooom price of a fully loaded petrol was suggested to be in the vicinity of 9 lac. The launch price was a whole different story. Suddenly, the price of under 8 lac OTR looked so mouth watering. A shock pricing (read VFM) will ensure great publicity.

This is just a theory though and I could be wrong. Personally, I do not feel this product deserves the price tag of 17 lac. Hopefully, Skoda feels the same.

Quote:
Not really. The article suggests "expected pricing".
Old 30th April 2010, 20:33   #56
Senior - BHPian

Yeti looks slightly wider then previous gen. Honda CRV & Nissan Xtrail but shorter then the two. 17lacs for a soft-roader of that size is steep. IMO if priced 15lacs for 2ltr diesel and 12lacs for petrol, would be a good deal.

How much was Honda and Nissan asking for CRV and Xtrail when they were launched?

I don't think A.S.S is a problem for Skoda's "premium" customers!! proof is Superb and Octy+Laura combo's sales figures. I don't know when Maruti-Suzuki will wake up and launch SX4 mini SUV.

Last edited by HammerHead : 30th April 2010 at 20:35.
Old 3rd May 2010, 12:01   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manjuls View Post
My friend saw this car in Delhi Auto Expo and according to him it is marginally bigger than Ford Fusion. I know it has more frills than Fusion but majority of Indian public goes by the ROAD PRESENCE of a car than its driving antics. With a price tag of 17 lacs, skoda would only manage to find few passionate.

I had seen the car myself and it is much bigger then the ford fusuion, the road presence will be slightly smaller or comparable to the Scorpio or the safari
Old 3rd May 2010, 12:40   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranc View Post
I had seen the car myself and it is much bigger then the ford fusuion, the road presence will be slightly smaller or comparable to the Scorpio or the safari
Dimensions (mm) :

Skoda Yeti: L X W X H = 4223 X 1956 X 1691
Ford Fusion: L X W X H = 4018 X 1720 X 1529

Source: Skoda Auto - The new Skoda Yeti - Dimensions, Ford - Ford Fusion Specification Data

Last edited by diffsoft : 3rd May 2010 at 12:54.
Old 3rd May 2010, 14:27   #59
BHPian

@urban Nomad: I hope its one of those keep guessing being played out by Skoda through its dealers. By what i have read, it seems a tough bet for it to be priced below 16L-17L range. But still hope skoda squeezes in the 1.2L petrol and makes life easier for us with the pricing!
Old 3rd May 2010, 15:38   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diffsoft View Post
Dimensions (mm) :
Skoda Yeti: L X W X H = 4223 X 1956 X 1691
Ford Fusion: L X W X H = 4018 X 1720 X 1529
That is definitely not marginal by any standards. That is more than 9" longer, 9" wider and 7" taller. Though it may not seem much, the increase in volume is way above what these inches describe.

I am not sure why Skoda should be diluting its brand image by pricing it below 17L as people are expecting/complaining here.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed