Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th October 2010, 14:46   #286
BHPian

Skoda Yeti CBU, CKD or SKD?

Hi People

The price of Yeti would be dependent upon whether its CBU or SKD or CKD? Also it depends whether in future Skoda is planning to localize it in future.

Amit
Old 14th October 2010, 15:25   #287
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitpunjani View Post
Hi People

The price of Yeti would be dependent upon whether its CBU or SKD or CKD? Also it depends whether in future Skoda is planning to localize it in future.

Amit
It is CKD to begin with.
Old 15th October 2010, 15:23   #288
BHPian

Already crossed 1000 bookings, even though price not yet anounced

"We haven't announced the price of the SUV vehicle..yet we have already got more than 1,000 bookings", Kuehl said.

Skoda developing car to replace Octavia - The Economic Times
Old 15th October 2010, 16:34   #289
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
10 Lacs means that the Yeti will be booked out before it even reaches the retail system!
Spot on Shankar, at that price, I would put my money down without a second thought.

Sadly, I think the real price would be way above this!
Old 17th October 2010, 22:29   #290
BHPian

The Skoda Yeti priced anything above Tata Aria will be over priced. Though both the cars are from different segments size, brand and quality wise Indian buyers will consider them at par when it comes to deciding on the price front. If Yeti will be priced around 17L as speculated Aria makes much more sense in terms of pricing, size, seating capacity, equippment etc., etc.,. So Skoda better price the Yeti sensibly.

Moreover we have been althrough discussing about the pricing alone and not about the subsequent cost of ownership which includes high spare prices and servicing costs added with the bad Skoda service stories posted on the blog. So even if Skoda prices the Yeti sensibly it has to improve its overall service image and considerably reduce the cost of service and spares which will help Skoda in achieving numbers.
Old 18th October 2010, 10:26   #291
SCH
BHPian

Skoda Auto India to launch Yeti SUV on Nov 18: New 2011 Skoda Yeti | Indian Cars & Motorcycles Blog

As per the above link, Yeti would be launched on 18th November with price tag close to 15 lakhs. If that is the case I bet it would sell well.
Old 18th October 2010, 10:50   #292
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

somewhere earlier on this thread I had checked and posted the current UK pricing for this vehicle. If that is anything to go by, then we cant expect it to come for any less than 15-16 + taxes, insurance etc if the vehicle is a CBU. even if it is an SKD, they will be able to control the pricing to only a small extent.
Only if it is a CKD with high level of parts indigenization, can anything be done to make the pricing competitive. Who knows, that is exactly what they may intend to do over the next 6 months!
If they do, at least as far as Urban SUV territory goes, they would have chucked a large spanner in Hyundai's works amongst others.
Hyundai has remained way overpriced in the SUV segment simply because they havent bothered to try and assemble their offerings in India until now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Spot on Shankar, at that price, I would put my money down without a second thought.

Sadly, I think the real price would be way above this!
Old 18th October 2010, 18:25   #293
Team-BHP Support

Was in the UK last week, I hardly saw any. I saw one but it did look small
Old 19th October 2010, 16:14   #294
BANNED

yup it is quite small (when viewed there in comparison with the other vehicles around - say on a London road) - but it is actually around the same size as the new GV/ X Trail give or take a bit. I saw one there too passing me by while I was walking near Knightsbridge and my distinct impression was a similar size to the new GV/ X Trail. In other words a good comfy 5 seat Urban SUV.
but the pricing looks really difficult unless of course it becomes a CKD with high level of parts indigenization and local assembly in a tax holiday area.
I am not very sure how many people will buy it at the speculative asking price of around 19-20 on road Bangalore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Was in the UK last week, I hardly saw any. I saw one but it did look small
Old 19th October 2010, 18:07   #295
BHPian

Read somewhere that it is launching on 18th Nov.
Old 19th October 2010, 18:35   #296
BANNED

there is and has been so much speculation on the Yeti that frankly I am losing interest in it now.
the Skoda company atleast ought to have by now announced the formal launch and the pricing and provided proper information on their website etc.
I dont know whats holding them back - i mean if they dont inform the market then how on earth is the market supposed to react?
especially when they are trying to supposedly create a new niche segment of vehicle!
if you ask me their Marketing team and Product team are not communicating - all of them are behaving like a bunch of half-witted ostriches and burying their ugly heads in the sand!
much luck to them I say!
consumers such as I are beginning to get highly irritated as you can see.
Old 19th October 2010, 18:45   #297
BHPian

Price for Yeti going to be between 15 to 18 lakh. I read it on MSN news.
Old 19th October 2010, 18:46   #298
Senior - BHPian

^^ Hey, they already have 1000 bookings (as per their top guy in India), so, why bother with more expense! (sic! )
Old 19th October 2010, 18:52   #299
BHPian

more links for the same news..seems the Yeti IS finally launching in mid-nov 2010
would love a comparo between the Yeti n the CRV once the Yeti is out.

peace,
~kg
Old 21st October 2010, 13:36   #300
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
but the pricing looks really difficult unless of course it becomes a CKD with high level of parts indigenization and local assembly in a tax holiday area.
Isn't Yeti sharing lots with Laura? If so, then localisation would be more.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks