Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st October 2010, 16:28   #301
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
yup it is quite small (when viewed there in comparison with the other vehicles around - say on a London road) - but it is actually around the same size as the new GV/ X Trail give or take a bit. I saw one there too passing me by while I was walking near Knightsbridge and my distinct impression was a similar size to the new GV/ X Trail. In other words a good comfy 5 seat Urban SUV.
but the pricing looks really difficult unless of course it becomes a CKD with high level of parts indigenization and local assembly in a tax holiday area.
I am not very sure how many people will buy it at the speculative asking price of around 19-20 on road Bangalore.
If you compare the size with a GV/X trail then the price of 15-18 lakhs does not look bad. GV sells for more than 15 lakhs in India and is a petrol, Xtrail sells for 24 + lakhs and is a diesel, so 15-18 lakhs for a similarly sized vehicles and a diesel looks pretty much in line. Btw I feel Xtrail is lot bigger than the GV.
Old 21st October 2010, 16:49   #302
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

The X trail is quite comfy more or less the same as a GV is. In terms of size there is very little to choose between the 2 - both have good seating for 5 people + decent-ish luggage space.

The Yeti (from what I saw) is pretty much the same all in all but it is a little smaller, tighter and more compact than the X Trail and GV. Its clear advantage is that it is a Diesel. But its price would end up close to 18-19-20 on road BLR.

While GV sells for some 18-19 lacs OTR BLR, how many does it really sell?
While the Nissan X Trail sells for 25-26 lacs OTR BLR how many does it really sell?

And lets just compare these vehicles prices in India for a moment, with their prices in the International Markets - they are significantly more expensive in India.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranc View Post
If you compare the size with a GV/X trail then the price of 15-18 lakhs does not look bad. GV sells for more than 15 lakhs in India and is a petrol, Xtrail sells for 24 + lakhs and is a diesel, so 15-18 lakhs for a similarly sized vehicles and a diesel looks pretty much in line. Btw I feel Xtrail is lot bigger than the GV.
Old 21st October 2010, 18:35   #303
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranc View Post
Yeti seems to have more usable space then GV. It is as wide and as tall with a marginally more (416 ltrs) luggage space then GV (<400 ltrs?).
X-Trail is substantially longer (but similar height and width) and the luggage space should be 500+ ltrs.

Yeti seems to be priced well above Laura in other markets. 15-18 lakhs seem logical to me.
Old 22nd October 2010, 07:41   #304
BANNED

The tipping point really is in the taxes, insurance and other fiddly additional costs. all of which will cause the 15-18 lac ex showroom cost to hit 18-20 by the time it hits the road! This makes all the difference between "relatively easy access pricing" and "expensive pricing" - also contributing to a significant shrinkage between enquiry, signing and actual sale/ delivery!

But only time will tell - so it will be interesting to see actual transaction data once a basic sample pool is built, over the next few months after launch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Yeti seems to have more usable space then GV. It is as wide and as tall with a marginally more (416 ltrs) luggage space then GV (<400 ltrs?).
X-Trail is substantially longer (but similar height and width) and the luggage space should be 500+ ltrs.

Yeti seems to be priced well above Laura in other markets. 15-18 lakhs seem logical to me.
Old 22nd October 2010, 11:33   #305
BHPian

The european spec yeti comes loaded with lots of features that will be missing on the indian varients. so comparing european prices of laura and yeti and predicting prices in india is not logical.

The european spec yeti has features such as park assist and many more which are not there on indian spec yeti. so skoda has to price the base varient of the yeti way below 15 lakhs to sell good numbers.
Old 22nd October 2010, 14:24   #306
BANNED

how sure are you of these facts?
Please share with us if there is any official information on the same from Skoda India.
thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by patil View Post
The european spec yeti comes loaded with lots of features that will be missing on the indian varients. so comparing european prices of laura and yeti and predicting prices in india is not logical.

The european spec yeti has features such as park assist and many more which are not there on indian spec yeti. so skoda has to price the base varient of the yeti way below 15 lakhs to sell good numbers.
Old 22nd October 2010, 15:13   #307
SCH
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by patil View Post

So far all reviews by auto magzines and TV journalists have been of SKODA YETI Ambiente version.

As per them all bell and whistles would be available in the Elegante Version.

I think Elegante would be on similar lines to the european spec Yeti.

Kindly share any other info... available with you.

I assume Ambiente to be priced 15.5 lakhs and Elegante 17.5 lakhs ex showroom.
Old 22nd October 2010, 16:46   #308
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCH View Post
[/b]

So far all reviews by auto magzines and TV journalists have been of SKODA YETI Ambiente version.

As per them all bell and whistles would be available in the Elegante Version.

I think Elegante would be on similar lines to the european spec Yeti.

Kindly share any other info... available with you.

I assume Ambiente to be priced 15.5 lakhs and Elegante 17.5 lakhs ex showroom.
Driver knee airbag and sunroof, two things that come to mind straight away will not be there in any version.
Old 22nd October 2010, 18:38   #309
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fi.robin View Post
Driver knee airbag and sunroof, two things that come to mind straight away will not be there in any version.
Top end version in Europe also may have powered seats, which is not there in Elegance. Someone mentioned about Park assist and this is part of the Elegance package.
Old 29th October 2010, 16:24   #310
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 30th October 2010 at 14:13.
montoo is offline   Received Infraction
Old 4th November 2010, 11:10   #311
BANNED

Skoda starts delivery of Skoda Yeti

I just saw two yeti's in the stock yard of skoda here in Sec 15,Gurgaon for delivery.By the looks of them they seem big.
Will post the pics by evening.
Old 4th November 2010, 11:59   #312
BHPian

Upload the photos and prices too mate! Waiting for more details
Old 4th November 2010, 13:26   #313
Senior - BHPian

Probably the title should say 'Yeti spotted in the Stock Yard' or 'Yeti in the Yard waiting to be delivered' or something. Official launch is yet to take place for Yeti.
Old 4th November 2010, 13:30   #314
BHPian

I saw one in the Skoda service center in hosur road. It didn't have a number but was had stickers all over which gave me a feeling that it was a TD car. It looked quite big and kinda nice, in a different way. The rear seems boxy like a LR and front was skoda'ish. No snaps, as I didn't have a camera and was on a phone call when I spotted it, so no cam snaps too.
Old 4th November 2010, 14:34   #315
BHPian

the delivery hasn't started yet.

drove the car yesterday, and hoping to get a proper test drive on sunday.
the car's barely taller than the fabia. though feature packed.
things missing from the demo vehicle which had come sometime back - sunroof, bluetooth connectivity & projector headlamps.

uploading the pics
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Yeti - The crossover SUV-03112010098.jpg  

Skoda Yeti - The crossover SUV-03112010099.jpg  

Skoda Yeti - The crossover SUV-03112010100.jpg  

Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks