Search this Thread
Old 4th November 2010, 14:44   #316
BHPian

What is the price guys?

BH.
Old 4th November 2010, 15:13   #317
BHPian

the price is yet to be disclosed.

my estimate is 15-17 on the higher side.
Old 4th November 2010, 15:22   #318
BHPian

Fabia now costs 5 - 6 lacs, why would this cost 15 -17? It's barely any more metal than the hatch back. I know it's not just the metal but still things are becoming cheaper and the best of the engines are available for super low prices. Eg, new Fabia, Figo etc 10 Lacs and I'll buy it
Old 4th November 2010, 15:22   #319
BHPian

Vehicle looks good but I cant believe it is just a little bit taller than the Fabia. Wont appeal to those looking for money=size mantra. Price will matter. Will they make it 13-14 or 15-17?
Old 4th November 2010, 15:41   #320
BHPian

the car isn't spacious inside either.

feels quiet cramped at the rear if you ask me.

the rear centre seat's seat belt is a quiet unique design. will try and get the pictures of it on sunday. as mentioned earlier, the rear seats can completely come off. the car has hill descent control = while descending from the hill all you gotta do is steer. no accelerator no brakes (ofcourse in case of some emergency you would need to)

good package if launched around 10ish. will be a flop at the 15-17 lac bracket.
Old 4th November 2010, 15:51   #321
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi1309 View Post
Fabia now costs 5 - 6 lacs, why would this cost 15 -17? It's barely any more metal than the hatch back. I know it's not just the metal but still things are becoming cheaper and the best of the engines are available for super low prices. Eg, new Fabia, Figo etc 10 Lacs and I'll buy
Quote:
Originally Posted by samyakmodi View Post
the car isn't spacious inside either.

feels quiet cramped at the rear if you ask me.

the rear centre seat's seat belt is a quiet unique design.
good package if launched around 10ish. will be a flop at the 15-17 lac bracket.
Abhi and Samyakmodi

the Yeti is exactly the same floor space size as the Laura and internationally shares the same engines as the Laura. The space inside is also similar to that in the Laura except for the head room, the rear seats feel a bit more spacious as the back does not slope down.

For the above reasons it would not be reasonable to hope for a price lower than the Laura variants except if some equipments are ripped off.
So for similar trim levels as the Laura expect a price with 1L incrementals in the same spec engines.
Old 4th November 2010, 16:04   #322
BHPian

@ACM

i beg to differ buddy.
the rear seats are really cramped.

although the engine is a 2.0 litre engine with 4X4 drive. with a few extra features than the laura, the car still is shorter in length than the laura. this i am sure of as i parked my car right next to it too. the difference in length is noticeable.

all the variants i.e. ambiente and elegance are equipped with leather seats (99.99%), the elgance trim gets the wood finish inside while the ambiente gets the silver finished dashboard inside (as told by the sales executive)

i suggest lets keep it peaceful here. going for an elaborate testdrive on sunday. will give you the review with pictures (don't expect it to be even half as good as GTO's) and if possible will also try shooting a proper video review.
Old 4th November 2010, 17:49   #323
Team-BHP Support

samyak - Is the picture you posted of an elegance? So even the elegance comes without projectors?
Old 4th November 2010, 19:13   #324
BANNED

Here are the pics.I was in a hurry so could not catch the front .
It is as wide as the Superb , slightly taller than superb.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Yeti - The crossover SUV-04112010020-medium.jpg  

Skoda Yeti - The crossover SUV-04112010021-medium.jpg  

Attached Images

Old 6th November 2010, 12:56   #325
BHPian

Just saw this one yesterday, followed it from Bandra to Shivaji Park then went different ways. got one pic only. read 4x4 tdi on the rear badge. pretty quick and nimble in traffic. wasn't a test vehicle and had an MH20 registration. awesome paint finish, body panels seemed well put together and shut lines were even. well proportioned and looks the part just not sure what the pricing is gonna be like. the official launch is the 15th of this month.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Yeti - The crossover SUV-yeti1.jpg  

Old 8th November 2010, 08:42   #326
BHPian

Samyak - Did you get a chance to do the test drive yesterday? Waiting for updates from you... Thanks.
Old 8th November 2010, 15:41   #327
BHPian

nope

couldnt manage it yesterday.

should happen in a day or 2.
Old 9th November 2010, 11:11   #328
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi1309 View Post
Fabia now costs 5 - 6 lacs, why would this cost 15 -17? It's barely any more metal than the hatch back.
If you want max metal for your buck, buy a Tata Manza or Mahindra Xylo. European cars have an entirely different positioning.

The Yeti is based on the Laura and then, has some additional features (AWD for instance). We've seen how crossovers generally cost more than their sedan siblings (CRV > Civic, Outlander > Cedia) and the Yeti will definitely be priced above the Laura. There's no two sides to it. I think it's going to have a good run as a "yuppie" vehicle....in a manner similar to the Honda CRV (when prices were more realistic).
Old 9th November 2010, 12:15   #329
BHPian

They have already started the deliveries, One of my friends bought it without knowing the price atleast he has taken the delivery, didnt get to drive it but I saw it today, looks small actually very small, even the Grand Vitara looks bigger, the dash is the same as a Superb, since it is small the interiors are not that sapcious either, it has been done in beige and black, the seats were beige leather, this was a white yeti, may be they have black in the black yeti. To tell you frankly it has no road presence, the looks are ok but it looks only slightly bigger than the Premier Rio.
Old 9th November 2010, 12:47   #330
Team-BHP Support

People MUST stop comparing the Skoda Yeti to the Toyota Fortuner/Ford Endeavour/Tata Safari ! As a matter of fact, you can't compare this to even a Honda CR-V! The Skoda Yeti is a niche vehicle. It's in an entirely different segment! Don't relate the size of the car/engine to the price.

The Yeti is merely a Laura/Octavia on stilts. And the Laura costs 17 lakhs, thereabouts. So what's wrong with the 17 lakhs tag?

It's meant for the urban crawler who occasionally drives it outside city limits and on some long trips. If the Yeti comes with all the features that the Laura is offered with, it will do very well IMO. People who are interested in the CR-V might be tempted to check this out. Because: It available with a diesel engine, it's as capable as a CR-V, it's fresh and new, and it's 17 lakhs! I'm sure the 2 litre diesel engine produces enough torque to out-run the CR-V as well.

17 lakhs may be on the higher side, but if Skoda gets the marketing and PR bit right, they've got a winner on their hands.

I hope Skoda cleans up its act in India. If they do, we would definitely consider replacing our Civic with this tasty looking thing!

EDIT: P.S. Don't look at it as an SUV. Think of it as a Laura that you can take through the rough roads of a State without worrying about getting your under-carriage screwed. As simple as that. Now when you look at it in this way, it suddenly seems like it's worth it, right?

Last edited by suhaas307 : 9th November 2010 at 12:56.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks