Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th May 2010, 17:52   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by imp! View Post
Yes, but what if Audi were to cut prices, keeping equipment level higher than CE BMW/Merc AND offer their 6 speed manual Trans? This will place them smack in the middle of the runway as far as being enthusiast machines are concerned (Which is what they have been aiming for a while now); then after a few months, they can offer a CE of the automatic and still not lose face.
Still won't work, and yes with an MT it'll definitely fail. Enthusiats form such a minority of the market that it's not even funny how badly Audi will be perceived for not providing an Auto.
Old 6th May 2010, 22:36   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadri007 View Post
I still wonder why is that Skoda is having so many Quality Issues where as Audi & VW are manufactured in the same place doesnt has quality issues.

The way VW is focusing on quality looks very strange when it comes to Skoda. Is VW closing its eyes when it comes to Skoda.

Why is VW not doing the same stringent quality checks for Skoda vehicles. Or is VW going to repeat the same story of Skoda.
VW and Skoda share lots in common. Most of the Skoda issues are related to long term reliability (and subsequent poor A.S.S.). As said earlier, it is possible that Skoda is the guinea pig for VW. In that case, VW would have to do thorough QC to distance itself from Skoda.

But what is the source of information that VW is focussing on quality? Where did you hear this?

VW is in India since not long. Hence it is too early to say VW cars are reliable. They are yet to prove anything on reliability.

BTW, worldwide, VW do not rank high on customer satisfaction or reliability.
Old 7th May 2010, 13:19   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbraj View Post
VW and Skoda share lots in common. Most of the Skoda issues are related to long term reliability (and subsequent poor A.S.S.). As said earlier, it is possible that Skoda is the guinea pig for VW. In that case, VW would have to do thorough QC to distance itself from Skoda.

But what is the source of information that VW is focussing on quality? Where did you hear this?

VW is in India since not long. Hence it is too early to say VW cars are reliable. They are yet to prove anything on reliability.

BTW, worldwide, VW do not rank high on customer satisfaction or reliability.
please read the news thet only 700-800 odd polo's are coming out since two months from the VW factory because of the strict quality norms which vw has applied .
now thats the measures i think they are taking for not becoming a skoda . still very strange as far as such a large scale manufacturer hasnt getting things right or have to try for such measures .
Old 7th May 2010, 14:43   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingspur View Post
Still won't work, and yes with an MT it'll definitely fail. Enthusiats form such a minority of the market that it's not even funny how badly Audi will be perceived for not providing an Auto.
Nevertheless, there still are Enthusiasts that would buy these cars, albeit in small numbers, The auto will still be available, only not in the Corporate Edition (at-least not initially); Audi doesn't really have to invest in any capabilities because their 6 speed M/T gear boxes are already here with VW/Skoda, they can use them. In the long run, the Indian car market seems to be going the EU way. Manual Transmissions are still extremely popular over there, and, until BMW/Audi offer M/T in their 3/A4 series, they will lose out on a little business. I know 5-6 people who would buy the 2.0 TFSI or the 325/330 with a 6 speed manual gear box but are instead driving Laura 1.8TSIs and Civics instead. If you put this in perspective, there are maybe 50-60 cars A4's or 3 series that don't get sold every year because of the lack of a Manual Transmission. No small figure this. And who knows, an extremely stripped down 3/A4 with MT priced to compete with the Passat may just expand this segment!

Last edited by imp! : 7th May 2010 at 14:46.
Old 7th May 2010, 14:45   #35
BHPian

If we are talking about quality and reliability,as far as my experiance goes VW is very good.I own a Passat for last 7 months.The car is fantastic in every respect,VFM,comfort,milage.After sales sevice is very good.I used to drive 2007 2.4L automatic honda CRV.It was CBU(made in Japan).I had lot of problems with CRV.Service also was very bad.After 12000kms you can hear lot of noise from suspention(Honda blamed on indian roads)I had spend lot of money for repairs.At 30000km. I sold it.Actualy It was my 3rd CRV.First one I bought in 2003.( back then the choice was very limited.Among Forester and CRV CRV was better
I have driven Passat for 12000km.on the same roads,without any problems and I am getting close to 14km/l avarage and driving comfort is topclass.
Old 7th May 2010, 17:27   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Audi doesn't really have to invest in any capabilities because their 6 speed M/T gear boxes are already here with VW/Skoda, they can use them.
This factor I overlooked. Thanks for pointing it out, wonder how it didn't occur to me.
Old 7th May 2010, 21:52   #37
Senior - BHPian

The audi Q5 is also supposed to start production in this factory,or has it commenced already?
Old 8th May 2010, 00:32   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by avishar View Post
The audi Q5 is also supposed to start production in this factory,or has it commenced already?
No the Production Hasent Started Yet.
Old 8th May 2010, 13:23   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Nevertheless, there still are Enthusiasts that would buy these cars, albeit in small numbers, The auto will still be available, only not in the Corporate Edition (at-least not initially); Audi doesn't really have to invest in any capabilities because their 6 speed M/T gear boxes are already here with VW/Skoda, they can use them. In the long run, the Indian car market seems to be going the EU way. Manual Transmissions are still extremely popular over there, and, until BMW/Audi offer M/T in their 3/A4 series, they will lose out on a little business. I know 5-6 people who would buy the 2.0 TFSI or the 325/330 with a 6 speed manual gear box but are instead driving Laura 1.8TSIs and Civics instead. If you put this in perspective, there are maybe 50-60 cars A4's or 3 series that don't get sold every year because of the lack of a Manual Transmission. No small figure this. And who knows, an extremely stripped down 3/A4 with MT priced to compete with the Passat may just expand this segment!
Exectaly mr. the point it launch these cars like 3 , c and a4 with manual trannies and the sales will see at least 20 % increase or even more then that as the prices will be low and we indians like anything that is cheap as far as these brands are concerned . diesels and mannuals , people love it here and as far as the drivers are concerned i think people will love to see that their drivers are driving manual once than that of autos .
Old 7th February 2014, 15:22   #40
Senior - BHPian

Re: a multibrand factory VW+AUDI+SKODA

Hi all, By posting this photograph I just want to put across the actual names of major automotive brands associated with VW along with the sales figures of these brands. It also includes the VW-Porsche takeover history from 2005-2012. I hope it is a piece of useful information for all my team mates and this is the right thread for posting it.
a multibrand factory VW+AUDI+SKODA-484846_587947274619847_2006743262_n.jpg
Thanks

AD

Source: https://www.facebook.com/ClubALR/photos_stream

Last edited by ad3952n : 7th February 2014 at 15:46. Reason: Details added
ad3952n is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks