Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th May 2010, 17:34   #31
Senior - BHPian

Have they gone mad? In the beginning of 2009 I really thought Audi will change everything starting with it's new A4. I thought they would turn everything upside down, launch a radical new A6, thrash the E / 5 and create a technological tour de force with the A8, and take over the world.

Instead, they're only going downhill. Let's wait for the pricing I suppose.
Old 5th May 2010, 00:23   #32
BHPian

Audi is feeling the heat. Their cars were not as popular as BMW or Mercs. Now by cutting down on the excess 'fat' they can reduce price marginally. Customers who want the fancy fittings can go for the options pack. Expect to see a lot more features on these Audis to disappear as they try and compete with their fellow rivals.
Old 1st September 2010, 00:30   #33

I think this has changed now.

I visited Audi Kochi yesterday and Test drove A4 1.8TFSI. Also saw the base model of A4 1.8 displayed there. They had 16 inched (225/55 R16)alloy wheels & not steel wheels (according to the brochure also it has steel wheels ). The one I drove had 17 inch alloys (225/50 R17) wheels, whichthey Termed it as the top end version and the difference between their price is almost 1 lakh. Top end version had seat and mirror memory + 17 inch alloys + Graphical Display for reverse assist (which will be only a beep sound in the base). As per them 2.0TFSI is identical except the engine.
Old 1st September 2010, 09:33   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
Just got this latest brochure of the Indian market audi A4 (valid from april 2010 printed in India) and while reading across the specifications, came across this:

Audi A4 1.8 TFSI, 2.0 TFSI and 2.0 TDI are no longer coming with alloy wheels as standard, instead, steel wheels with full wheel covers are provided.

How come?
Broucher's have been showing steel wheels since the time the A4 was introduced in India.

The A4 comes with 16 inch alloys as standard, and 17 incher's on cars equipped with the WCI Package.

These brouchers always have steel wheels written on them.

Last edited by funkydevil : 1st September 2010 at 09:34.
Old 1st September 2010, 09:53   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkydevil View Post
Broucher's have been showing steel wheels since the time the A4 was introduced in India.

The A4 comes with 16 inch alloys as standard, and 17 incher's on cars equipped with the WCI Package.

These brouchers always have steel wheels written on them.
Wow! So all this ado for nothing?

Reminds me of a story where a person is told that a crow has nipped his ear and is flying away. This bloke, rather than checking if his ear is in place, starts running after the crow
Old 1st September 2010, 21:09   #36
GTO
Team-BHP Support

C'mon guys, lets get real. Its part of the same group that sells the 20 lakh rupee Superb, with an equipment level equivalent to some 50 lakh rupee cars.

Strangely enough though, the brochure currently available on the Audi India website still mentions steel wheels for the 1.8 - 2.0 engines. Whoever is in charge ought to be fired. No seriously, you cannot afford such errors in the premium segment of any product (not just cars). Attention to detail is everything.
Old 2nd September 2010, 12:18   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
C'mon guys, lets get real. Its part of the same group that sells the 20 lakh rupee Superb, with an equipment level equivalent to some 50 lakh rupee cars.

Strangely enough though, the brochure currently available on the Audi India website still mentions steel wheels for the 1.8 - 2.0 engines. Whoever is in charge ought to be fired. No seriously, you cannot afford such errors in the premium segment of any product (not just cars). Attention to detail is everything.
Its a big error in the brochure. Alloys have been and always will be standard.
Old 2nd September 2010, 18:35   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
Its a big error in the brochure. Alloys have been and always will be standard.
hehe...sid - how did you get your hands on the brochure anyway? you have a mailing service or something where the updated ones gets sent to your home?

I ask 'cos if you were at the dealership- you would have grilled the rep for full details!

In all fairness, my brochure from March 2010 has 16" alloys mentioned as standard for the variants your brochure shows as Steel rims. And FunkyDevil knows what he's talking about, so typo/management error it is. Lets not abuse my dear Audi anymore shall we - I would have been shocked/awed/disturbed if I had read this thread earlier! Good thing, i caught both the errant post and the subsequent clarification - so my feelings remain unaltered!

Last edited by Speeding@160mph : 2nd September 2010 at 18:36.
Old 2nd September 2010, 22:38   #39
Senior - BHPian

While we're on the topic of aftermarket rims on Audis, I saw a couple of HOT A4's the other day. One was black with black wheels as pictured below, while another one was white and had black rims with chrome lip. Both were looking incredible. After that, this morning I saw another white 2.0 TDi with a body kit similar to Platzda's 3.0 TDi. The A4's turning out to be quite a mod machine for what I assume are its relatively young buyers.

NO standard alloy wheels from now on in Audi A4 1.8P, 2.0P and 2.0 TDI-photo1005-medium.jpg

NO standard alloy wheels from now on in Audi A4 1.8P, 2.0P and 2.0 TDI-photo1006-medium.jpg

NO standard alloy wheels from now on in Audi A4 1.8P, 2.0P and 2.0 TDI-photo1007-medium.jpg
Old 3rd September 2010, 10:49   #40
BHPian

I may be the odd one out, but those Alloys on that Audi looks cheap!!!
Old 3rd September 2010, 11:59   #41
Senior - BHPian

@ krreddy : The quality of my pictures is pretty sad, given that it's a phone cam. I thought the same when I saw it on the comp. In person, the car looks fantastic.
Old 3rd September 2010, 12:57   #42
BHPian

it does look nice! and while mine is a white - I am sooo tempted to get the Matt Grey paint on it - as below. This is HOT! Maybe after the warranty runs out...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks