Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd May 2010, 15:23   #16
BHPian

Anything on Xylo and Scorpio?
Old 3rd May 2010, 15:23   #17
BHPian

VW sold POLO close to what it expected (1000 a month). They were just not prepared for a whopping 5000 bookings and hence the waiting period . They should have planned well. On the other hand, Ford being well prepared has been able to manage the show well even with Figo bookings touching 10,000 mark.

Waiting for the detailed breakup and excel sheet.
Old 3rd May 2010, 15:35   #18
BHPian

Really surprised to see 21 people buying Prius. I thought only about 10 such dumb millionaires would surface in our country every month. Hope the numbers go down soon.

While Polo numbers seem to be lower than expected a significant increase in future can be expected on the back of shorter delivery times and inclusion of diesel to their portfolio.
Old 3rd May 2010, 15:42   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeonwheels View Post
Really surprised to see 21 people buying Prius. I thought only about 10 such dumb millionaires would surface in our country every month. Hope the numbers go down soon.

While Polo numbers seem to be lower than expected a significant increase in future can be expected on the back of shorter delivery times and inclusion of diesel to their portfolio.
Very true Arpit, I also expect a surge in Polo sales with the launch of POLO D this month coupled with with their gutsy ads (see their ad in today's TOI) and claims of 22 kpl.
Old 3rd May 2010, 15:57   #20

Old 3rd May 2010, 16:15   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeonwheels View Post
No surprise please... Prius is the Halo Car of Hollywood with all the A-listed celebrities opting for the same. To add to this (if you feel insult to Indian buyers) the Green Brigade of the world swear by the cars abilities to save the planet. Why wonder for a 5 seater car that is powered by the 1.8L hybrid engine that also happens to be the the most efficient mass produced engine on sale in the world, when you have an Indian electric car (Reva) little more utilitarian than a scooter selling at Rs.5 Lacs (approx.)?
Probably these buyers are buying the car for show-off rather than "Save Earth".
Also, note that that Indian Duty Structure doubles the cost of the car. In fact if it is produced in our country it would cost a mere Rs.15 Lacs (few lacs over the Corolla).

Last edited by CARDEEP : 3rd May 2010 at 16:17. Reason: formatting
Old 3rd May 2010, 16:22   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarrySky View Post
As someone hoping to buy the Punto (waiting to see if the Punto Sports version will be within my budget), the Fiat numbers are starting to worry me a little bit. It looks like this is the second straight month where Punto sales are below 1000. I'm wondering whether I should look at other options as well.
I am EXACTLY in the same situation as you StarrysSky; I am in love with Punto; waiting for Sports model to see if it suits my budget and my worries are increasing in direct proportion to the decreasing numbers of Punto every month.
Old 3rd May 2010, 17:37   #23
Senior - BHPian

Polo numbers are impressive and climbing. This being achieved with only around 36 dealerships. Now waiting time is one major factor that is going against Polo.With production in full flow and diesel launch one can expect this to settle at around 2000-2500. VW will be more than happy with those figures.Happy to hear that the delay in deliveries is due to stringent quality checks. No wonder the Polos which are delivered have not reported a single niggle.

Last edited by poloman : 3rd May 2010 at 17:43.
Old 3rd May 2010, 18:48   #24
BHPian

92 beetles? and 385 Jettas??? Are you sure that is correct?
Old 3rd May 2010, 19:05   #25
PCS
BHPian

Guys Only 188 Civic Sold In April 2010 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 3rd May 2010, 19:13   #26
Senior - BHPian

woha 21 prius! want to know who bought them
what about i10 sales? any numbers from Honda especially Jazz!

any numbers from Skoda especially the Fabia!

Old 3rd May 2010, 19:14   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCS View Post
Guys Only 188 Civic Sold In April 2010 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
A different figure (460) was given in another thread for the Civic. Or do you mean Jazz?
Old 3rd May 2010, 19:34   #28
PCS
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarrySky View Post
A different figure (460) was given in another thread for the Civic. Or do you mean Jazz?

sorry dude ! slight error
Old 3rd May 2010, 19:39   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
Read in Autocar this month that the VW Polo goes through stringent quality checks and hence the delay in deliveries.
And you believe that?
Well i guess giving the car with lame engines @ a lame price has got nothing to do with it.
Old 3rd May 2010, 19:46   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyWalker View Post
And you believe that?
Well i guess giving the car with lame engines @ a lame price has got nothing to do with it.
In case you haven't driven the car yet, it's lame only on paper. It's fairly decent on the road. But it's not as VFM as others in the segment, so that may be the reason for tepid sales.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks