Quote:
Originally Posted by gupta_chd View Post
It is already drawn.
Oops! My mistake. Thanks.
Old 8th May 2010, 00:39   #92
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oss View Post
Fiesta numbers are sacrificed to meet the demand of Figo, while VW is focussing on 'quality' by selling in 3 digits. Wonder what their understanding of volume model is.
IIRC there were delays in Fiesta TDCi deliveries in early April due to BS-IV conversion. But even then, Fiesta+Ikon barely scrapping through the 1000 mark is pathetic!

Accent - 1468, Santro - 7442, i20 - 5305 ?
Considering the manufacturing cost-selling price of these cars, Hyundai's raking in some good profit there!

I love to see Honda cars sales go down!
Old 8th May 2010, 00:41   #93
BHPian

Figo is selling in good numbers. Figo, IMO has had an impact on i10 and santro sales.

Polo, when full production starts/ramps up, could potentially eat into the sales of swift and i20. GM is doing exceedingly well with Beat, Spark and Cruize. Honda has some serious issues and unlike Toyota (etios), they don't have any volume models lined up. They need to roll up their sleeves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post
I love to see Honda cars sales go down!
OMG, there starts Honda bashing again! Honda has every right to price it at a point they feel comfortable. They have some really good cars and if you cannot justify buying a honda at prevailing price, its your choice. That is free market/capitalism at work and ultimately its your money, your decision to buy or not. Even the biggest honda critic will agree that you cannot fault them with the quality of cars they make.

Last edited by SunilM : 8th May 2010 at 00:53.
Old 8th May 2010, 00:43   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oss View Post
Fiesta numbers are sacrificed to meet the demand of Figo, .
Fiesta going down by so much is surprise. Are you sure its manufacturing itself is down . Why?? I thought the margin in fiesta is more than Figo.
So is it that Fiesta also commands a waiting period now?
Old 8th May 2010, 01:44   #95
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunilM View Post
OMG, there starts Honda bashing again! Even the biggest honda critic will agree that you cannot fault them with the quality of cars they make.
Sunil, I agree with you on the quality of Honda cars. But that doesn't give them God like status that they can price their cars the way they like and expect people to continue buy them. When the sales go down like this continuously it will make them sit up and take notice. Won't it be nice if they choose to provide more value to the buyer?
Old 8th May 2010, 13:06   #96
oss
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigneshA View Post
Fiesta going down by so much is surprise. Are you sure its manufacturing itself is down . Why?? I thought the margin in fiesta is more than Figo.
So is it that Fiesta also commands a waiting period now?
That's an interesting point. Need to check Fiesta availability.

My guess is they will be using up the production capacity to fulfil Figo demand, being the new car in the market. The second shift production is about to start anyway which should bring things back on track for Ford.
Old 8th May 2010, 13:36   #97
oss
BHPian

MODS: Pl Delete the post; posted twice by mistake.

Last edited by oss : 8th May 2010 at 13:37.
Old 8th May 2010, 14:06   #98
BHPian

1. Swift beats i10 too in sales - Fantastic for Maruti.
If anyone wants to buy a swift he/she will buy it.There wont be much of cross-shopping.

2. Fiesta at 858?? - Feeling the heat from Figo!!!!
Seems dated, Diesel engine's problems after 50k is discussed too much by the people and competition.

3. Linea sells more than Punto - Again a surprise.
No, A stylish sedan, Diesel alternative for the City at its price point.

4. Jetta selling more than double the Civic with meagre no. of delaerships - Are Civic numbers a one off case for this month, even City is down, may be some unknown reason.
VW s creating a brand image. More professionals round here are Jetta owners

5. Supeb and Laura beat all Skoda horror stories.
Skoda Laura owner grabs attention especially buisnessmen

6. MB and BMW down to the wire.
Not surprising, Brain is as strong as the Heart.

7. Surprise - Is Elantra still selling, wonder why Hyundai is making that?

8. Ikon seems to be dying slow death.
I see Ikons in good numbers in Kerala, more than new fiestas !!

9. Estilo numbers continue to wonder me. How so much people can buy this when there are enormous other much better options.
Marketting by the Maruti dealers. People coming looking for the Alto/Wagon R ends up buying the estilo lured by free accesories, discounts and of course the "k series" engines etc.

10. Figo
stylish hatch, solid and the petrol top-end available for under 5 lacs!!
The fiesta image percolating to a small car. Even the red dash is popular.( One of my friends bought the titanuim figo for it) The ad campaign !!

Last edited by sandygordon : 8th May 2010 at 14:10.
Old 8th May 2010, 14:28   #99
Senior - BHPian

Honda sales down ---- some people are very happy.
Well why should not they be. Even I am. If you look closely

City----9.2L-----116BHP@6600RPM----146NM@4800RPM----175/65R15
SX4----7.7L-----104BHP@5600RPM----145Nm@4100RPM----205/60R16 with ACC
These are figures for top end MT model.

To charge 1.5L more and provide less equipment is definitely wrong.
The only place where city beats SX4 is power. But what matters more than power is torque as you dont generally rev it to the redline. Sx4 also boasts better handling with gr8 tyres.
The only downside of SX4 is that it looks like a hippo. and consume a bit more fuel. But none of these are good enough to beat the 1.5L price gap.
There is still no decent sedan in this segment. If there was one Honda would have wet pants.

Personally I dont hate Honda but I want them to learn a lesson about overpricing their cars.
I know many of you will disagree with me and talk about honda's quality but dont forget the rivals.
Maruti- Gr8 Service
Ford- Gr8 driving pleasure
GM- Gr8 ride
Hyundai-Gr8 interiors
Old 8th May 2010, 15:04   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxyzen View Post
To charge 1.5L more and provide less equipment is definitely wrong.
But they will be compensated handsomly for that
when they sell the car.
even a 5 year old city commands a minimum 5L price.
Is there any other c-seg car giving such value back to customers.

The market never ever rewards unworthy players..
Old 8th May 2010, 15:06   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandygordon View Post
If anyone wants to buy a swift he/she will buy it.There wont be much of cross-shopping.
I think you mistook my point. I was not pointing to swift eating into i10 sales. All I meant was, it makes swift the largest selling car (even without taking Dzire into account) behind Alto in all car categories and for a premium car like swift, it would mean lot of money for Maruti.
Old 8th May 2010, 15:44   #102
Senior - BHPian

Cedia - 76 and Outlander - 40. Silently creeping up in sales Mitsubishi?
I won't be surprised if Cedia's April-10 numbers are all-time high for a month!

Last edited by RajaTaurus : 8th May 2010 at 15:49.
Old 8th May 2010, 16:25   #103
BANNED

Figo is already overtook the i20. lets wait and watch whether the i can stay on..
Old 8th May 2010, 16:40   #104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daewood View Post
But they will be compensated handsomly for that
when they sell the car.
even a 5 year old city commands a minimum 5L price.
Is there any other c-seg car giving such value back to customers.

The market never ever rewards unworthy players..
You stand corrected to some extent, provided you decide to sell that car within 5 yrs. If you plan on keeping the car for 10 yrs no point in resale value. And BTW maruti also has a decent resale as well.
No wonder resale is one of the major factors that push up the sales of city.

As for me resale is the last thing in my mind while buying a car. Car is a depreciating asset. If you spend 1.5L extra for a city. it will be equivalent to 2.5L 5yrs from now. Do you think resale of city and SX4 will have a 2.5L difference after 5 yrs. Hell no.
Talking of ten yrs the difference will be 4L. Dont believe me? Take a 10% inflation rate.
Old 8th May 2010, 17:32   #105
mkh
Senior - BHPian

1. Figo has hit the sales of the punto,palio(down to 0) and maybe even i-10 and Indica, but mostly its own offerings- Ikon and Fiesta. i20 is hardly affected, as most buyers for the Figo are diesel and they will compete with the diesel/petrol players in the 5-6 lacs range. The i20 diesel is at a higher price bracket. Interesting that even with this launch, swift and ritz are unfazed. I think clearly looking at the numbers, many fiesta and Ikon buyers are taking the Figo. Easily the guy who comes to the Ford showroom to buy a diesel Ikon, can get swayed with the newer offering.
With the additional offerings from i20(more choices), its going to be a nice war between the i20 and Figo, more so the Figo diesel and i20 petrol buyer in the 5-6 lacs price bracket
2. Punto and Linea are suffering, big time. With the new launches slated in the segments they operate in, the future looks shaky unless some serious actions are taken. The buyer is giving a strong message, someone listening?
3.Verna outsells the Ikon and Fiesta combined, that is interesting, wonder what section of buyers this they influence suddenly!
4.Sales of city is just an aberration IMO, it will come back to above 3K a month unless serious competition emerges (VW sedan, Toyota sedan maybe?)
5.Cruze is a big hit for Chevy, their cash registers are rolling big time, Spark, Beat and Cruze - all are selling. Maybe they need a better offering than the Aveo. Why at all do they still have the UVA? UVA gains from the loss of the Getz i can see

Will be interesting to see Polo numbers, as of now they only reflect the lack of enough production support from VW
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks