Team-BHP - Indica Turbo Launched
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Indica Turbo Launched (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/8070-indica-turbo-launched-3.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsk1979
I am looking at an indigo purchase this month or probably next month. But now i am scared. TATA may be launching the DICOR indigo soon. This indica will surely eat into the sales of indigo as many people went for indigo because of the TDI, though their needs would have been satisfied with indica TDI.
Is there any chance of that being launched this year too?

I suggest you wait for as long as you can before you make the purchase. The DICOR Indigo looks imminent. I think they used the Dicor Safari as a sort of pre-release tester...it sells in limited numbers so any problem with the new technology would have been manageable. Starting off the Dicor series with the Indigo/ca would have been a risk given the numbers they sell every month.

TEST Drove the Indica Turbo an hour back at Concorde Motors Bangalore.

The car definitely is easier to drive in traffic (drove specifically through high traffic narrow lanes of Wilson Garden to check how the car performs in stop and go traffic). There is sudden surge of power (guess when the turbo fan takes over at around 2500 rpm) and the car shoots off.

the car felt very stable at higher speeds (80 kmph+). I think the 14 inch wheels adds a little more stability to the car.

The rest of the car is the same - alloy wheels are not standard - mis print on the web site/brochure (i guess this is an intentional misprint, since the car looks good with the alloy wheels in the brochure - tata should have avoided this).

the Cherry red colour looks good - very similar to the getz passion red.

booked a cherry red DLG - on road price 469,328 with the extended warranty.

will probably take delivery in 2-3 weeks. will keep you guys posted.

Though the Indica Turbo was imminent, doesn't it seem a little weird that they should not launch a Common-Rail motor, considering that the majority of their competition would sport one, coming 2006? I don't see this as a stop-gap arrangement.

just caught Mr Rajiv Dube on NDTV - says power and pick up similar to petrol cars ! i need to find that out asap. Well , 68 BHP or 62 BHP Indica will sell ! the mouth watering price being the main selling point !

Would love it if Hyundai plonks the CRDi in the Getz within a month or two and price it at around the petrol Getz....then which one would we go for ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steeroid
I suggest you wait for as long as you can before you make the purchase. The DICOR Indigo looks imminent. I think they used the Dicor Safari as a sort of pre-release tester...it sells in limited numbers so any problem with the new technology would have been manageable. Starting off the Dicor series with the Indigo/ca would have been a risk given the numbers they sell every month.

would the exact same DICOR engine be used on the Indigo, or a smaller displacement engine using the DICOR technology ?

additionally, if the TATAS release a DICOR powered Indigo variant anytime soon, would they not be majorly pissing off the people who are currently shelling out around 6.5 lakhs for the latest Indigo variant, the Indigo SX ??

based on the above, how soon do you see DICOR on the Indigos/Indicas ???

Quote:

Originally Posted by hell_rider
would the exact same DICOR engine be used on the Indigo, or a smaller displacement engine using the DICOR technology ?

additionally, if the TATAS release a DICOR powered Indigo variant anytime soon, would they not be majorly pissing off the people who are currently shelling out around 6.5 lakhs for the latest Indigo variant, the Indigo SX ??

I believe the same Indica/Indigo engine ( 1.4 litre diesel) would be used but would be dicor'ed .

Tata's would plonk it into the entire Indigo range starting from LS and increase the price by about 35000-50000 across the board.

I am not sure about the prices but I am very sure of the DICOR INDIGO as the Tata's would like to keep a difference between a sedan and a hatch to more than just a boot as they have done all along.

As my brother wanted to buy a diesel car and we are waiting for turbo on Indica -- hunch is, with recent discounts on Indica Diesel models :). Y'day went to Concorde motors at B'lore and test driven Indica Turbo DLG --red colour.

As I already own Indica Marina LS(without inter cooler). Though Marina is doing fine, low end torque with AC is concern -- I have to shift to 2nd gear. in city trafiic.

So my main aim is see how comformtable car with AC and lowest speed in third gear where I can move without vehicle crying(with 5 persons in car)

My test drive strip is Concorde motors -- Madivala Jn -- U-turn at Nimhans(near Lakkasandra) and Dairy circle flyover -- Concorde.
As it was sunday , I have relatively less traffic and I was able ga around 30-40 km freely. I have tested the car in 3 gear till 30 kms with AC and it seems to be running fine. It stutters around 20-30 band. There were three persons in car.

Once I open the hood, I saw the Inter cooler.
In DLG mode, some basic centre locking and door opening alarms + headlamp leveling device, fog lamps and rear-demister elemts are there.

Sound levels are also OK.

Will be taking another test drive with 5-persons in weekday(where more traffic is there).

It seems this car is great VFM package.

Quote:

Originally Posted by normally_crazy
Would love it if Hyundai plonks the CRDi in the Getz within a month or two and price it at around the petrol Getz....then which one would we go for ?

now that, is unlikely- pricing the crdi getz close to the petrol version, i mean; knowing hyundai, they will definitely price it higher, and peg it close to the 5.5-6 lac bracket. but even then, it would be a hell of a hatch; considering that the 1.3 JTD swift, the closest getz competitor, bound to be launched late next year, would be priced close to the 5.5 lac mark (the zxi itself costs 5.25 on-road). now that would be a more appropriate comparo...but i would prefer the 1.5 crdi getz as opposed to the 1.3 swift, mainly because the crdi getz would be a lot more fun to drive.....that would mean that the swift vs getz bout would stand tied at 1:1, with the petrol swift winning the gasoline marathon and the crdi getz winning the diesel stakes...

Quote:

Originally Posted by hell rider

not soon enough, i'm afraid- according to sources, tata intends to keep the euro-III turbo-intercooled IDI indicas for at least another year and a half or so, before any common rail sees it's wake under the hatch's hood. which means that no DI indicas are in horizon at least till 2007. indigos, though, might be undergoing changes- but even DI indigos might not see the light of day anytime soon...

we test drove the vehicle yesterday morning. what surprises me is
1. price the difference between DLG non turbo to turbo is 14-15K
the difference between DLX turbo Vs non turbo is 7-8 K only.
2. for the same engine with TDI in indica it develops 68 BHP with 13 Kg torque where as in indigo it is 70BHP and 13.5 Kg torque. does any one has any idea in this regard?
it does have head lamp leveller but it is not there in Indigo SX .

Quote:

for the same engine with TDI in indica it develops 68 BHP with 13 Kg torque where as in indigo it is 70BHP and 13.5 Kg torque. does any one has any idea in this regard?
Does anyone think that Tata would be INTENTIONALLY modest about the BHP figures of the Turbo Indica? Just as a differentiator between the Indigo and Indica.

GTO

Quote:

Does anyone think that Tata would be INTENTIONALLY modest about the BHP figures of the Turbo Indica? Just as a differentiator between the Indigo and Indica.
Maybe, but why would tata do such a thing? an indigo customer would never consider a indica; in fact, things only happen vice versa- a customer coming in for an indica would look at the attractively priced indigo, and since it has a boot, would go ahead to buy it...

and besides, the indica turbo has different clientele'...so why would tata intentionally cramp the specs..?

Quote:

Originally Posted by normally_crazy

eyes shut "getz" crdi bcoz of its refinement engine and value for money . even the quality of hyundai is better than tata anytime :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by veyron1
not soon enough, i'm afraid- according to sources, tata intends to keep the euro-III turbo-intercooled IDI indicas for at least another year and a half or so, before any common rail sees it's wake under the hatch's hood

@veyron1, if that is the case i think i can safely go for the indigo now. Do you have any internal sources which give you the same info?

Quote:

Originally Posted by hell_rider

If we follow that logic, NO manufacturere will upgrade their models for fear of pissing off customers who bought the earlier model. A person who is keen on an upgraded model would do his research and wait, whereas the normal man on the street wouldnt be too bothered about impending changes as he makes his decision based on what is available NOW.

[/quote] based on the above, how soon do you see DICOR on the Indigos/Indicas ???[/quote]

We saw an upgrade to the Indica as the swift began eating into their sales (about 5% drop post-Swift). We should expect an upgrade to the Indigo when a new model threatens its top spot...in the unlikely event that the Ford Fiesta is keenly priced, one might just see a Dicor Indigo follow soon. Until then, they would probably continue testing since they're doing regular volumes with the TDi engine.

my guess is upgrade to indigo is round the corner. it is simply my feeling and also based on the fact that they are offering 25K worth accessories on indigo TDI as per news paper ads in bangalore. previously they are offering 10 K discount only. this time the ad came combindly for all three dealers in bangalore about a week back. similar discounts were offered on indica diesel before the turbo release in sept month.