Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 17th October 2005, 13:34   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979
@veyron1, if that is the case i think i can safely go for the indigo now. Do you have any internal sources which give you the same info?
yup, i got my info from a tata official itself, and more often than not, he's right...

if you want a car now, go right ahead for the indigo. but if time isn't a hurdle, then i guess you could wait till jan, because- a) tata might offer some more discounts on the indigo by then, or retune the existing IDI a little, and b) you'll get a car that's newer by a whole year (2006 model, as opposed to 2005 model- will help later if you wanna sell it, too)....
Old 17th October 2005, 14:52   #47
Team-BHP Support

Hmm, if no DICOR is on the cards for 6 months or so, i think i will go for the car in november.
Old 17th October 2005, 15:18   #48
BHPian

The Indigo seems to be updated too; they've now got gas-filled shock absorbers(marina type) and a improved dashboard according to a Chennai dealer's ad..
Old 17th October 2005, 15:50   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkg
it does have head lamp leveller but it is not there in Indigo SX .
rkg,

please refer to post I have made on the Indigo SX thread. I too checked that out. apparently there are discrepancies between units rolling off. I have checked out two different SX cars at two different dealers. Wasan unit did not have the head lamp leveller, but the Fortune one did have it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
If we follow that logic, NO manufacturere will upgrade their models for fear of pissing off customers who bought the earlier model. A person who is keen on an upgraded model would do his research and wait, whereas the normal man on the street wouldnt be too bothered about impending changes as he makes his decision based on what is available NOW.
Fully agree with that. What i meant was with respect to the timing. I meant release of a DICOR Indigo THIS SOON after release of the SX.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
We saw an upgrade to the Indica as the swift began eating into their sales (about 5% drop post-Swift). We should expect an upgrade to the Indigo when a new model threatens its top spot...in the unlikely event that the Ford Fiesta is keenly priced, one might just see a Dicor Indigo follow soon. Until then, they would probably continue testing since they're doing regular volumes with the TDi engine.
I too do not expect that Ford Fiesta to be THAT competetively priced. Also, if I am right, we have no impending launches in that class of vehicle (C-Segment entry/midrange level) in that price bracket.

In that case, can it be safely assumed that we can see a DICOR Indigo/Indica no earlier than March 2006 ?

On a side note, would it not have been a good idea to launch the new Indica Turbo as the Indica V3 turbo ?

Last edited by hell_rider : 17th October 2005 at 15:52.
Old 18th October 2005, 11:42   #50
rkg
Senior - BHPian

Hello fellas, sorry for reviving the thread, but wanted your opinions on the following
I checked out the new indica turbo.
I could not test drive it(will do it soon) but found out the following differences between indigo and indica
Feature wise indigo scores over indica in the following
1. Boot
2. Slightly more rear legroom
3, Independent three link rear suspension
4. Reading lights for back seat passengers
5. 3 bhp.

For this, tata is charging 1Lac more. If you look at the features in general, you pay one lakh just for a boot and 3 horsepower.
Indica is better looking, and is lighter so that 3bhp is insignificant.

Hi! the above is post from TSK in what car section" hunt for midsize diesel". since i have no right to post there i would like to add to what tsk said
indica DLG in comparision to indigo
engine same ( except 2 BHp difference)
indica has front power windows indigo none
indica has central locking, rear demister, head lamp leveller where as indigo has none of this( comparision is between indica DLG and indigo LS where the price difference is 1 lakh, which effectively becomes 75K if one considers 25K free accessories)( today TOI, bangalore edition)
Old 18th October 2005, 11:53   #51
Team-BHP Support

rkg, I was talking about the LX, not the LS with the DLX. there also the price difference is about 1L
The 25K free accessories is a hogwash. Its actually 10K free accessories if you get them from outside.
Old 18th October 2005, 12:53   #52
rkg
Senior - BHPian

Hi! TSK
i was comparing DLG with LS . even in case of DLX vs LX DLX is more VFM package.
Old 18th October 2005, 14:03   #53
BHPian

Definitely a much needed hike in power and although I was always a prospctive petrol car buyer , had this TDi came out 6 months ago I may have been tempted to have a look at it.
14" alloys yumm too and with 67hp its almost near the petrol in terms of performance.

well done Tata for being pro-active in face of Maruti competition in diesels.
Now for the Dicor Indigo and another new car please.

k_ajay: i can understand how you feel, since you bought a diesel recently, but its hard to blame the company for this...you can blame the dealer for kinda cheating you but you as a member here had enough exposure to this news before you bought your car.
Old 18th October 2005, 20:49   #54

Hi All I have 8 months Indica DLS....
Previously I test drove Swift..Alto...etc....Petrol Cars.

Today I test drove the Turbob Indica DLG.......I felt it very smotth in power delivery...and pick was like petrol car......
Pickup and torquer is really good.....diesel indica is now a real Highway car.......

Drove it with fullAC on .......Felt that 18bhp improvement from turbo is really useful.....

Suggest potential petrol hatch buyers to test ride it and see how it feels......Excellant.

CAN ANYONE TELL..CAN WE CONVERT INDICA DLS TO TDI and HOW.
Old 18th October 2005, 21:06   #55
JLN
BHPian

I had booked the getz last week. test drove the turbo indica and have cancelled the getz booking and am going for the indica turbo. the turbo makes driving in traffic a little easier with the ac on. plus the 14 inch wheels finally fill up the space.
Old 18th October 2005, 21:23   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhay
k_ajay: i can understand how you feel, since you bought a diesel recently, but its hard to blame the company for this...you can blame the dealer for kinda cheating you but you as a member here had enough exposure to this news before you bought your car.
I know and I can understand.... I'm kinda cool with it now and when I read it first, I was really frustrated, and yeah, at the dealer... Anyway now, don't remind me of it again, anyone, please....

P.S: Veyron1 was talking about a sports indica, and even he wasn't sure of it.... No one was SURE or had CONFIRMED reports of a turbo indica to be launched, which is when I went in for a V2 DLS..... but yea, again, am ok with it.... I don't make too many highway trips, so I guess I can do without the turbo.....[i'm having to force myself to write this...]
Old 18th October 2005, 21:47   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by THELUCKY
Hi All I have 8 months Indica DLS....
Previously I test drove Swift..Alto...etc....Petrol Cars.

Today I test drove the Turbob Indica DLG.......I felt it very smotth in power delivery...and pick was like petrol car......
Pickup and torquer is really good.....diesel indica is now a real Highway car.......

Drove it with fullAC on .......Felt that 18bhp improvement from turbo is really useful.....

Suggest potential petrol hatch buyers to test ride it and see how it feels......Excellant.

CAN ANYONE TELL..CAN WE CONVERT INDICA DLS TO TDI and HOW.
18??? or 8? indica turbo has 68bhp right and old one 60?
Old 18th October 2005, 21:58   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas
18??? or 8? indica turbo has 68bhp right and old one 60?
old Indica is 53 BHP.
So its neither 18 nor 8. Its 15.
Old 18th October 2005, 22:01   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay
P.S: Veyron1 was talking about a sports indica, and even he wasn't sure of it.... No one was SURE or had CONFIRMED reports of a turbo indica to be launched, which is when I went in for a V2 DLS.....
well...sorry for not confirming the reports, because i myself hadn't seen the indica "sport" - although the news was given to me by a tata guy....you see, i can't post this sort of stuff with ABSOLUTE surety unless i have seen the car, or have solid proof...which is why, most of the insider info is UNCONFIRMED, yet pretty true....

now this is just strike two- i had posted a thread long ago with regard to the NHC vtec...but it was launched a little later than what i expected....

a link to that thread..

NHC vtec

moral of the story: most of the scoops on TBHP are more often than not, true....

p.s- er..are youse angry at me (since i hadn't confirmed the indica sport launch)....??? if so, sorry, yaar....i hope you are happy with your N.A indica (now i'm forcing myself to write the "happy" part...LOL) ...
Old 18th October 2005, 22:20   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by veyron1
well...sorry for not confirming the reports, because i myself hadn't seen the indica "sport" - although the news was given to me by a tata guy....you see, i can't post this sort of stuff with ABSOLUTE surety unless i have seen the car, or have solid proof...which is why, most of the insider info is UNCONFIRMED, yet pretty true....

now this is just strike two- i had posted a thread long ago with regard to the NHC vtec...but it was launched a little later than what i expected....

a link to that thread..

NHC vtec

moral of the story: most of the scoops on TBHP are more often than not, true....

p.s- er..are youse angry at me (since i hadn't confirmed the indica sport launch)....??? if so, sorry, yaar....i hope you are happy with your N.A indica (now i'm forcing myself to write the "happy" part...LOL) ...

Aree, pagal ho kya??? Why would I be angry at u??? I juz pointed out to Abhay that u [and some other gentleman] were the only one to point out and talk about a "sports indica" so that Abhay understands that I didn't book the Indica without any info at all... It isn't ur fault that u didn't have the info na....

Relax... I'm being a good sport now..... LOL.... 54bhp will do for me.... and ya, am very happy... The new Indica is very smooth and the NVH levels are very much acceptable.... The added bhp would have been of use, but ofcourse, better on the highways, which i don't frequest... so i'm all cool now

Most Viewed