Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 19th October 2005, 12:19   #61
BHPian

Sorry Ajay lol...for bringing it up again.......jale pe namak n all that ;-)

BUt I guess what happens is for the best..(atleast we can say that hehe) maybe 3 yrs down the line you will go for a super TDi hatch ......Skoda Fabia TDi or something.....who knows :-)

Of course you can look at tuning your car too in the future ( I read some thread on teh Mods section abt that !?)
Old 19th October 2005, 14:43   #62
Senior - BHPian

Hey that's alright brother. No worries... and yeah, may your kind words come true
Old 19th October 2005, 16:46   #63
Senior - BHPian

With Indica Turbo launched, do I see lot of business for Pete's tuning box? Umm..all turboed hot hatches on roads? ;-)
Old 19th October 2005, 16:54   #64
Senior - BHPian

Let god save our souls now from numerous yama bhats (aka BPO cab drivers) on roads with even more powerful weapons in the hands of
Old 19th October 2005, 17:01   #65
Senior - BHPian

Are Tatas planning to sell both the old indica and the turbo charged one side by side? (Am too lazy to go thro' the entire thread to figure that out).
Old 19th October 2005, 17:14   #66
Team-BHP Support

Turbo is DLX and DLG only i guess. the taxi market will lap up the DLS/DLE/indicab without turbo.
Old 19th October 2005, 17:14   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX135
With Indica Turbo launched, do I see lot of business for Pete's tuning box? Umm..all turboed hot hatches on roads? ;-)
hey !!!!!
thats an angle i didn't think about !!!! so for sure Pete's tuning box can be employed on the new Indica Turbo ???
Old 19th October 2005, 17:15   #68
Team-BHP Support

Pete's tuning box cannot be applied to any TATA vehicle, wether turbo/dicor/NA
Old 19th October 2005, 17:15   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX135
Unfortunately pete's are not interested in tuning Tata cars it seems.
According to them Tata engines are not "reliable" and are not worth the risk.
Wake up pete's, leave "reliability" and "Risk" issues for us the end users to decide. It is too large a market to ignore.
Old 19th October 2005, 17:21   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satish_appasani
Let god save our souls now from numerous yama bhats (aka BPO cab drivers) on roads with even more powerful weapons in the hands of
Like tsk said I doubt the cabbies will go for this car (only the G and X variants have turbo)....and anyways they go for the hideous trafic signal rear lights indicab.
Old 19th October 2005, 21:07   #71
Senior - BHPian

If Pete comes up with some power enhancing product for the Indica, i'd lap it up asap if the offer price makes sense for the vehicle....

Pete, are u listening... I got a non-turbo one... Help!!!!!
Old 19th October 2005, 21:17   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay
If Pete comes up with some power enhancing product for the Indica, i'd lap it up asap if the offer price makes sense for the vehicle....

Pete, are u listening... I got a non-turbo one... Help!!!!!
I have been reading these posts and feel so bad for you Ajay. You had booked a Swift if I remember right.... and than you couldnt wait long enough and went for the Indica. And now to find out that there is a Turbo Indica out there is so heartening.
I give credit to Maruti folks, at least they let you know that a new model is coming and give some discount on the old one (trend followed in launching new esteem and new baleno). Did you get any discount on buying the old Indica?
Old 19th October 2005, 21:31   #73
Senior - BHPian

Hey Aseem... Happens, pal... Yea, i got a corp discount of 14.5k, thanks to someone's influence I could use towards the purchase of my DLS... I know I missed the turbo, but i'm kind of ok with it now... I really wonder if I honestly would be able to make use of that 14or 15 extra bhp in chennai's traffik....

Yep, i'd booked the swift initially, and couldn't accept with its waiting period for certain reasons, and I ain't regrettin... But I hope you're enjoying yours pal... Kaisa hai??? Hows that audio booming
Old 19th October 2005, 21:47   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay
Hey Aseem... Happens, pal... Yea, i got a corp discount of 14.5k, thanks to someone's influence I could use towards the purchase of my DLS... I know I missed the turbo, but i'm kind of ok with it now... I really wonder if I honestly would be able to make use of that 14or 15 extra bhp in chennai's traffik....

Yep, i'd booked the swift initially, and couldn't accept with its waiting period for certain reasons, and I ain't regrettin... But I hope you're enjoying yours pal... Kaisa hai??? Hows that audio booming
Fortunately I managed to get my Swift before the price hike. I dont regret it at all, however had the option of Indica Turbo been there, I would have thought twice before buying the Swift. But everytime I sit in my car, that feeling goes away.
Somehow in my psychie (no offence to anyone), Indica is a cab! And daily I am picked up in an Indica, and the rattles just rattle my brain. Therefore I am not sure how the Indica Turbo would perform, as its just the engine, rest everything remains the same... so just cant help but speculate what might go wrong when it comes to Indica.
Rest the audio just like yours is rocking. Contemplating to buy the touchscreen Pioneer Head Unit with DVD and 5.1 audio, adding a mono-block for the sub, and dynamat for the doors for dampening! Thats all for now.... have spent close to a lakh on the car till now in accesories.
Old 20th October 2005, 12:53   #75
BHPian

well aseem, yeah its mainly used as a cab but I think there is a huge diff between the indicabs and the upper versions. Also the turbo is not just the engine upgrade but it also gets 14" alloys - Yummy

Most Viewed