Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st October 2005, 15:43   #91
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
My cabbie just booked 3 of them....so much for that theory, then!
well obviously that had to happen....the proverbial kiss of death :-)
anyways not th usual private cab operators I think not....
Hertz , private car rentals for corporates etc ...definitely yes.
Old 21st October 2005, 16:34   #92
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979
Got the reply to my mail to Tata motors. A guy named K Vijay Menon - Brand Manager - Tata Indigo & Marina has responded that there are no plans to introduce a DICOR engine in indigo for the next 12 months. Atleast for the next 12 months the same TDI engine will do the job.But from reading in between the lines he hinted that Tata believes in constantly improving cars.

Shall we say that is the routemap for Tata, as far as Indica s concerned?

- The new (turbo) version is now out. But no changes in interior and styling (except tyres).
result: car gets a new lease of life. All those issues which are related to power and torque are now history.

- Maruti/(Fiat?) will come up with that 1.3 JetTronic diesel Swift /(idea?) by the end of 2006. Price will be between 4 and 6 lakhs. (there could be a revision of auto taxes by the union govt before that, hence this variation).

- Tata will counter the 1.3JTD Swift with a new DICOR Indica. It will have new interiors, ABS, airbags and some new body styling. Tata's DICOR technology will be mature and fighting-fit by then (thanks to Steeroid's efforts with his Safari ). They will also use whatever tech resources they have aquired in EU recently to make it refined and refined...

IMO, the Indica DICOR '07 will cost a cool 1 lakh less than an equally-configured and powered Swift JTD. Maruti will have its job cut out. Fiat will surrender without a whimper.

Will you be there, TBHPian?

Last edited by sandeepmdas : 21st October 2005 at 16:40.
Old 21st October 2005, 17:20   #93
BHPian

Very interesting scenario and well put!

The challenge for the Tatas will be to keep the cost same but increase the overall quality levels and refinement.

If they succeed in doing that, Indica will finally be the hot hatch it was designed to be, starting from those days in Auto Expo when they first displayed the car to the public.

Quote:
IMO, the Indica DICOR '07 will cost a cool 1 lakh less than an equally-configured and powered Swift JTD. Maruti will have its job cut out. Fiat will surrender without a whimper
Hmm let's see. Maruti will then have to play the price game and hope for more volumes. It will take some doing to dislodge the Tatas from the Small car diesel segmant.
Old 21st October 2005, 18:28   #94
BHPian

indica has got the best ride in the small car segment
no arguements on that,
did any one have a test drive of the indica turbo
i am going tommorow with aadix
i am no elated so much but do want to see how good is the car
Old 21st October 2005, 21:28   #95
JLN
BHPian

Help needed to choose Indica accessories

Have booked a Indica Turbo Cherry Red colour. Need help and advice on choosing the following accessories. Also let me know if buying from the dealer is better or can I get the same stuff fitted in a store outside in Bangalore (Mission Road) - any store recommendations will be very helpful.

1) MP3 head unit (Dealer told me that Indica is prewired only for Blaupunkt and Kenwood Nippon, not for Pioneer and Sony).
2) Speakers: The car has provision for front speakers (on the dash board) and the on the front doors.
3) Remote Locking
4) Sun Film

Are the following needed:\
1) Teflon Coating
2) Underbody coating\
3) Alloy wheels.

Thanks for your help
Old 21st October 2005, 21:31   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by imjimmy

Hmm let's see. Maruti will then have to play the price game and hope for more volumes. It will take some doing to dislodge the Tatas from the Small car diesel segmant.

I agree. Thats where Tata has been leading till date.

Not only Indica , but I think the Indigo too will be hot then.

Tata diesels have simply ruled over the competition (which practically never existed). I mean unmatched comfort and economy. They have just well understood what common
Indian families need .
Old 21st October 2005, 22:37   #97
Team-BHP Support

Tata indica turbo vs indigo TDI test drive

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/showth...357#post132357
Old 21st October 2005, 22:40   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by imjimmy

I agree. Thats where Tata has been leading till date.

Not only Indica , but I think the Indigo too will be hot then.

Tata diesels have simply ruled over the competition (which practically never existed). I mean unmatched comfort and economy. They have just well understood what common
Indian families need .
Old 21st October 2005, 23:11   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLN
1) MP3 head unit (Dealer told me that Indica is prewired only for Blaupunkt and Kenwood Nippon, not for Pioneer and Sony).
2) Speakers: The car has provision for front speakers (on the dash board) and the on the front doors.
3) Remote Locking
4) Sun Film

Are the following needed:\
1) Teflon Coating
2) Underbody coating\
3) Alloy wheels.

Thanks for your help
1.Now the point wrt the mp3 HU is crap... I got an Alpine fixed as my HU and used the pre-wired setu... So now you know thats bs....
2. You can go for 5.25" components speakers on the door, else you'd have to do with 4" coaxial speakers on the dash.. The former is what I've done on my DLS and it rocks... [jbl speakers]
3. 3M - RE35 sun film is good, and comes at 3200/- for the Indica [chennai price]... VKool is another leading brand which is excellent... anything else is a compromise, I hear...

Get the Dinitrol underbody coating done at Tata itself, its best there and its an excellent treatment... Many Indica owners I now know have opted for the same...

Doesn't the Indica Turbo come with 14" Alloy wheels?? If not, get Aura for around 14-15k or for some international model as others might suggest...

About the Teflon coating, from what I've enquired, what 3M does is car detailing, or what you call polish, and it isn't a 'teflon' coating... I've heard that Eagle1 brand offers teflon coating, and its around 3k.... Ask other members who've got teflon done on their car... I'm yet to get this done too..

Gud luck... Happy revving the turbo....
Old 22nd October 2005, 13:22   #100
BHPian

yeah like ajay said #1 is crap
I got a Sony xPLOD headunit/speakers fixed from a dealer !

Aura/Neo alloys 14" would cost around 17k

Teflon coating or a wax coating which is great if you have a dark/bright car (red or black or green) can be done at the dealer....brands like Wurth are there and costs about 2/3k
Old 22nd October 2005, 13:35   #101
Senior - BHPian

Aura 14 inchers at 17k??? Man, i thought chennai was costlier.... Not really... When i got my aura alloys 13inchers, I also enquired for the 14" ones, and he told me it costs around 14.5k....

Can you check again abhay??? I think they have the same prices with warranty across the country, right????
Old 22nd October 2005, 14:35   #102
BHPian

opps I got my 13" Aura for 14k :-S and thats when he told me that 14" were 17k
Old 22nd October 2005, 15:00   #103
rkg
Senior - BHPian

indica as cab

in this forum i have seen many ridiculing indica as cab. i have one doubt , generally taxi trade is more demanding on the car than personal use. so a fellow in taxi bussiness will see which car will withstand better the rigours of the trade. so if, more of them are buying indica it is a testimony of the car's strength rather than its weekness. one may say that they buy indica for diesel economy, if it is so why not diesel Zen, esteem, diesel accent , palio etc?
same applies to qualis. many taxi operators used qualis. does that mean the vehicle is of poor quality or inferior?
Old 22nd October 2005, 17:11   #104
JLN
BHPian

the turbo comes with 14" wheels with a full wheel cover (similar to the Indigo LX).

Since all of you are recommending alloy wheels, please let me know if spedning 17K is really worth it or is it just from a looks/cosmetic perspective.

also any thoughts on having rear speakers (on a wooden plank).

thanks.
Old 22nd October 2005, 20:15   #105
BHPian

Till Last Weekend I was sure Iwill buy a Suzuki vehicle... WagonR or Swift.. Then on Sunday Saw the Tata Indica Turbo Advert, that's it I was as unsure as before. Decided to test drive Turbo Indica, from Dhingra motors, Gurgaon..( Must say excellent Dealer, an A+ Score on customer service) ... Car sound was just like any other Tata Indica, could hear the Engine noise on abusy road from at least 12 ft... though I did not rate it on Sound.. but I certainly demand better sound proofing in a DLG model. The pick up was good I can't compare with NA Indica as I have never driven it before .. butwhat I felt for sure was the lag in pickup, while driving at NH-8 when I floored the pedal .... Tacho almost hit the roof but the car just chugged to something 70kmh .... Heard that there can be a lag in turbo , asume that it was that only
Only reason I didn't go for a Tata Indica Turbo is that I was not confident to put 4.7 Lacs in a tata Vehicle .. Just not sure about putting that much money that too on LATEST model ... given that DICOR is on anvil soon.. so went for WagonR ...ruled out swift bcoz of low mileage .. I drive 70Kmh per day..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks