Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 22nd October 2005, 20:56   #106
Senior - BHPian

Hey dude congrats on you purchase.
I can tell you the wagonR is not a bad vehicle at all. For any information/queries, dont hesitate to contact me. I own an Lxi.
Old 22nd October 2005, 22:46   #107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkg
in this forum i have seen many ridiculing indica as cab. i have one doubt , generally taxi trade is more demanding on the car than personal use. so a fellow in taxi bussiness will see which car will withstand better the rigours of the trade. so if, more of them are buying indica it is a testimony of the car's strength rather than its weekness. one may say that they buy indica for diesel economy, if it is so why not diesel Zen, esteem, diesel accent , palio etc?
same applies to qualis. many taxi operators used qualis. does that mean the vehicle is of poor quality or inferior?
Xcellent rkg... A point very few have bought forward... good one...

Alloys are a matter of personal interest... But apart from just good looks, the alloys are also beneficial on your wheels... Alloys are lighter than the steel rims. The tyres internally generate a lot of heat and the brakes too, to some extent, and alloys help in dissipating heat faster than steel rims... And also the convinience of washing your wheels... This is one reason why I chose to spend on the alloys...

And regarding the rear speakers, you can put a 1" mdf board, and then plonk the rear speakers on it... Please visit the I.C.E forum [Modifications & Accessories] and there are lots of folks there who know the trade and can help you decide on one... Hope to see you there...

Last edited by k_ajay : 22nd October 2005 at 23:01.
Old 1st November 2005, 10:44   #108
JLN
BHPian

Got my Indica Turbo yesterday

I got my Indica Turbo DLG (Cherry Red) yesterday. Here is a one day perspective on the vehicle (after driving around 20 kms - know it's still too early, but wanted to keep you guys posted).

Panel gaps, plastics quality etc. remain the same as in the other Indica v2s.

The gearshift seems a little better and smoother (not sure if this is because of the newness factor) and comes with a leather wrap standard.

The 14 inch tyres and nice looking wheel covers fill the wheel arches nicely. They should really make 14 inchers standard on all indicas. the larger tyres seem to give it a better and firmer ride.

Driving in traffic seems pretty much the same. have not yet taken it on the highway - so no comments yet on the turbo.

there is a small noise whenever I accelerate - not sure if it is coming becase of the turbo fan.

that's it for now. am taking the car to the temple and then for a longish drive today. will keep you posted.
Old 1st November 2005, 11:50   #109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLN
I got my Indica Turbo DLG (Cherry Red) yesterday.
Congrats dude, thats one great way to celebrate Diwali

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLN
Here is a one day perspective on the vehicle (after driving around 20 kms - know it's still too early, but wanted to keep you guys posted).....

....that's it for now. am taking the car to the temple......

I remember Steeroid posting in TBHP even before his Safari rolls out from the showroom. and now this..Guys, just look at the way he posted it. As if it is his duty to keep us posted.....

a classic example of true-blue "TBHPianism"
Old 1st November 2005, 20:13   #110
Senior - BHPian

Hey Jay.. Congrats on the purchase buddy.. Enjoy the Turbo... May your ride last for years to come and look new everyday... All the very best
Old 2nd November 2005, 12:27   #111
BHPian

JLN,

fantastic way to celebrate DIWALI. congrats on your new indica. make sure you don't rip it too much too soon. but enjoy your car though.
Old 26th November 2005, 20:18   #112
Senior - BHPian

New colour

It seems that tata has launched new colour too
somethign like cherry red
saw two cars with this colour (with turbo) & a car on display in tata show room (pashan road)

personally i liked it
Old 15th December 2005, 12:23   #113

tested the car last month.. nice machine.. cheapest turbo in da country.. really rocks.. but wish the turbo kicked in more swiftly and at a lower rpm..other wise overall, the turbo V2 is the car to have
Old 15th December 2005, 12:41   #114
BHPian

Test drove the Indica Turbo today.... there is a minor improvement over the old V2 but needs to be kept at higher revs to bring the best out of the engine. Would not pick it purely for performance but as a package, it definitely is attractive. Am already thinking of selling my 2003 V2 and replacing it with the Turbo.
Old 17th December 2005, 14:10   #115
rkg
Senior - BHPian

Hi! JLN
can post your experiances with turbo in the last 1 1/2 months. any teething troubles ? etc etc
Old 17th December 2005, 22:23   #116
JLN
BHPian

Indica Turbo Experience

[SIZE=2]I was waiting to complete 1000 kms before posting a review. I have done a little over 700 kms so far and have been happy with the turbo. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]Though the turbo kicks in only at around 2000 rpm, I find the car to be little easier to drive even in bumper to bumper traffic compared to the v2. not sure if this is because of the higher torque. [/SIZE][SIZE=2]On the highway, the car is great. Overtaking is really easy when you step on the gas. The sudden surge of power once the turbo kicks in feels really good. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]On the milage front I have got approx. 13 kmpl (80% city driving) with AC on 90% of the time. I expect the milage to improve after I complete the running in period of 1000 kms. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]The 14 inch wheels are great - would definitely recommend all v2 owners to upgrade to 14 inchers. The car feels much better planted on the road. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE][SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]No problems yet - touch wood. The steering seems to tilt a little bit towards the left. checked out the wheel alignment - no problems there. Not sure if this is because of some increased weight on the left side of the car. There is a also a very minor rattle coming from the glove compartment. will get this checked during the first service. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]I can see a lot more Turbos on the road now - looks like Tata is selling a lot of these. [/SIZE]
Old 19th December 2005, 13:58   #117
BHPian

Hey JLN, What is the effect of swithching on the A.C. on performance?
Old 19th December 2005, 14:37   #118
rkg
Senior - BHPian

Hi! everybody
i have come across the message in indiacar.com
it says TATA is going to launch TATA arial at 1.6 lakhs in first quarter of 2006. anyone got any idea about.the message aslo states that TATA is going to launch indiago marina and indigo in DICOR next year. your views please. the link is
http://www.indiacar.com/index2.asp?p...p?msg_id=20983
Old 19th December 2005, 14:54   #119
Max
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkg
Hi! all
i do not think tata cars are inferior or poor quality. the things like these do happen to any automobile developer. see today Bussiness Standard. Toyota has recalled 1.2 million cars worldwide this year due to defects. if this can happen to toyota with so many years of experiance in automobile industry , why not to TATA . they are in to this bussines for only less than 10 years. and 1.2 million is not a small number that too from toyota which is supposed to produce cars of impeccable quality.

the perception that indica is a cab is also misplaced. i do see more whiteboard indicas in bangalore than yellow board ones.

your opinions please
i am yet to see any indian car manufacturer recalling cars for defects ?
Old 19th December 2005, 15:27   #120
rkg
Senior - BHPian

i would like to know wheather any foreign car manufacturer operating in india has recalled any cars in india apart from indian manufacturers. as far as i know atleast TATA has replaced parts in original indica in many cars( costing approx Rs 100-150 crores) that is one of the main reasons( my perception) for huge volumes of indica sales. the same toyota/ford etc who recall cars abroad do not do it india. recalling of 1.2 million cars is not a small issue in this age , that too from toyota. imagine the situation if it is TATA or mahindra or some other third world manufacturer. one has appreciate toyota (rather admire) the way the manage the press/media. this news of recall of 1.2 million was printed as a small column in obscure pages. even in this forum there is not much discussion on this issue even after some one raised it. it was simply discarded.

Last edited by rkg : 19th December 2005 at 15:30.

Most Viewed