Indica Turbo Launched

yes it's out...
has been launched today..
Old 14th October 2005, 20:17   #2
BHPian

Here is the news on their wesite

Tata Motors launches Indica V2 Turbo Diesel

Quote:
India's largest selling diesel car, the Indica V2, enhanced its range today with the launch of the Indica V2 Turbo. Already available in the European markets, the new Indica V2 Turbo, now available in India, establishes a new benchmark for diesel hatchback cars comparable to petrol cars in drive performance.

The new Indica V2 Turbo is the only car in the Compact segment to offer a Turbo charged engine. The car delivers an enhanced output of 68PS @ 4500 rpm, while the increased torque of 130Nm @ 2500 rpm is the highest in its class. Apart from the changes in the engine, the car also features 14” wheels among other class leading features. It will be available in 3 colour options, including the exclusive Cherry Red colour, which is already very popular in the European market. The Indica V2 Turbo is being launched in two trim levels. The ex-showroom Delhi price will be Rs.4.10 lakhs for the DLG model and Rs.4.30 lakhs for the DLX model.

The Indica continues to be amongst the best selling cars in the industry, and the launch of its Turbo version will add to its appeal. The Indica V2 Turbo is the second vehicle launch of the company this financial year in the passenger vehicle segment, following the remarkable success of the recently launched Safari DICOR in August.

All of Tata Motors passenger vehicle brands are in leading positions in their respective segments and the company continues to be the second largest player in the domestic market.
Old 14th October 2005, 20:21   #3
Senior - BHPian

Thats great news!!.. My next car most probably..
Old 14th October 2005, 20:26   #4
Senior - BHPian

I'm honestly getting irritated when I read this... I confirmed with the senior sales manager @ Tata motors in chennai that there is no new Indica sports or turbo version coming out until late Q1 2006...

Arrrggghhhh!! I’m gonna go see the guy next week if I get to see any concrete news on this....

Last edited by k_ajay : 14th October 2005 at 20:28.
Old 14th October 2005, 20:27   #5
BHPian

hope the alloya r standars,,,the were way ahead of their time when released...hope tata has a good marketing plan for and lots of goodies to go with the car...!
Old 14th October 2005, 20:52   #6
Senior - BHPian

only if they had brought it one month back... at taht price... so tempting
Old 14th October 2005, 21:00   #7
Senior - BHPian

Excellent. Class leading as always it is. 14 inchers finally to fill those wheel wells. Having little less weight than the Indigo but with the Indigos engine (and I suppose 68 bhp means its with the Intercooler), the performance has to be little better than the Indigo.
Old 14th October 2005, 21:42   #8
Senior - BHPian

Has the price gone up?
Old 14th October 2005, 21:51   #9
Senior - BHPian

great...!!!! one of the better pieces of news that i have heard in a long time..!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stratos
(and I suppose 68 bhp means its with the Intercooler),
and i hope not- because then, we can retrofit one with the indigo mounts et. al, to produce even more power, eh...
Old 14th October 2005, 23:05   #10
Senior - BHPian

S**T.. I checked the Tata motors website and they have the news of the launch there too... I feel cheated... I just spent 4.25 lakhs and got an Indica DLS on 3rd sept, after confirming with the concorde motors officials that there is no new Indica sport or Turbo or Dicor releasing before Q1 '06 or so.....

I should have got something in writing, I could have gotten back at them real hard... I feel like a piece a s*%t now..... I'm truly gettin mad.....
Old 14th October 2005, 23:16   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k ajay
I should have got something in writing, I could have gotten back at them real hard... I feel like a piece a s*%t now..... I'm truly gettin mad.....
and especially after mr.varun's incident, life with tata doesn't seem so peachy; well, at least their dealers are getting damn cunning, and that ain't a good thing, eh...

maybe your dealer wanted to get rid of his existing stock, tricking you in the process, assuring you of no new launches....but then, almost all dealers of all brands are known to exercise this tale..
Old 14th October 2005, 23:26   #12
Senior - BHPian

I know what your saying.... Dealers, by and large, are cunning ___________.... I'm feeling miserable because I don't think I can do anything about it.... I remember you and one other gentleman talking about a "sport indica" on another thread, and thats when I confirmed with concorde motors that nothing of that sort is getting released in the immediate future, and they confirmed in affirmative.....

I mean, come on, I could have accepted it is just plain bad luck if this was some other ill informed dealer, but this concorde motors is Tata's own dealership.... I can bet my bottom buck that they obviously did know this coming..... I'm just feeling miserable.... For the price that I paid for this DLS could have been close to the turbo DLS, and i could have made use of those extra bhps..... Damn!!! I'm beginning to hate Tata for their cheap practices....

Last edited by k_ajay : 14th October 2005 at 23:29.
Old 15th October 2005, 02:35   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay
S**T.. I checked the Tata motors website and they have the news of the launch there too... I feel cheated... I just spent 4.25 lakhs and got an Indica DLS on 3rd sept, after confirming with the concorde motors officials that there is no new Indica sport or Turbo or Dicor releasing before Q1 '06 or so.........
Try to sell it for like 10K less. Someone with a tight budget might buy it. Then go for new one. Do it before aam junta finds out about the turbo upgrade because after that the 2nd hand prices of the old version will plummet.
Old 15th October 2005, 09:58   #14
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Good job with the Indica Turbo. I look forward to test driving it as a potential buyer. But how come its only 68PS (67 BHP?). Isnt the Indigo TDi 70 BHP?

For the people who just bought regular Indicas - well, there have been numerous posts on Team-BHP about the Indica Turbos impending launch. You really cant blame the dealers since companies have gotten incredibly strict with privacy and sometimes, even the dealerships have no clue about new launches.

GTO
Old 15th October 2005, 10:31   #15
BHPian

Wow this is a good news, just saw a big full page AD in hyderabad deccan chronicle. I am sure this is the only diesel that can make hay as long as maruti doesnt start its diesels, which will take more time .. and of course then the wait period to see the reliablity.

The website http://indica.tatamotors.com/ does not mention anything about this .. though lot of news reports are visible.

ps: hope that with increased diesel car purchases price of diesel wont go up , i guess both diesel and petrol should have been fairy priced equally. (i know its not possible)

Most Viewed