Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th July 2010, 00:16   #211
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishlinea7260 View Post
nice scoop hero puch!!!
They are comparing a 1.4 with a 2.0 150 bhp engine?
Toyota certainly has high hopes from its diesel powerplant.
i dont think the comparison made here is on engine. whatever said and done the corolla's expected 1.4L D-4D is no match for the cruze mean machine.

However the comparison made here would be on other factors like space. comfort and other corporate car stuff. From my perception even the petrol car is not for enthusiast. But as a corporate car its mind blowing, spacious, comfort, classy interiors, nice suspension and a touch of luxury.

I believe that this car will be a huge success as a corporate car as it has all the above mentioned aspects and an economical diesel engine. In these regards the cruze may fail as it is not really spacious inside.(as per team-bhp review and a user's complain that its cramped).
Old 9th July 2010, 00:44   #212
Senior - BHPian

Cruze's engine might be very powerful but it has quite high turbo lag,making all that power not too useful in the city.Maybe the Altis can capitalize on this.
Old 10th July 2010, 08:40   #213
PCS
BHPian

Guys, Carwale.com reports that launch is on 21st July !!!
Old 10th July 2010, 08:52   #214
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuhrer View Post
i dont think the comparison made here is on engine. whatever said and done the corolla's expected 1.4L D-4D is no match for the cruze mean machine.

However the comparison made here would be on other factors like space. comfort and other corporate car stuff. From my perception even the petrol car is not for enthusiast. But as a corporate car its mind blowing, spacious, comfort, classy interiors, nice suspension and a touch of luxury.

I believe that this car will be a huge success as a corporate car as it has all the above mentioned aspects and an economical diesel engine. In these regards the cruze may fail as it is not really spacious inside.(as per team-bhp review and a user's complain that its cramped).
I am confused, I believe it's same car except the engine. IF it's true then how come it's specious comfort etc etc compared to petrol altis?
Old 10th July 2010, 10:37   #215
Senior - BHPian

Read the post carefully,Fuhrer was talking about the Chevrolet Cruze and not the petrol Altis!
Old 10th July 2010, 17:44   #216
BHPian

ET has more information :

Quote:
diesel version — with a 1.4-liter turbocharged engine — would see monthly numbers for the Altis going up to around 1100 units
http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...ow/6150015.cms

They expect this to be launched in this month.
Old 10th July 2010, 17:58   #217
Senior - BHPian

From what I heard from a very close source who drove this car, it does not have great pulling power as one would expect it to. Lets wait and watch though.
Old 10th July 2010, 18:13   #218
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuhrer View Post

Add to the above, reliability, fav target car for hotels and taxis, and we have a blockbuster with many months of waiting just like Fortuner.
Old 10th July 2010, 19:17   #219
mxx
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekSrik View Post
From what I heard from a very close source who drove this car, it does not have great pulling power as one would expect it to. Lets wait and watch though.
obvious and expected, isnt it. Even for i20 1.4Crdi, people complain about turbo lag and all, this is a much heavier car. But, anyone even remotely thinking about power and performance will not go for a 1.4D corolla.
Old 10th July 2010, 19:28   #220
BANNED

The grille (from the picture posted in page 13) is the same as the 2010 corolla sold in the west. What we see in our indian roads is a 2009 styling for the west. You can get the pictures from Toyota website. Interesting that they should bring the latest grill only for the diesel version - or is it that there is an overall exterior upgrade on cards ?
Old 10th July 2010, 20:35   #221
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekSrik View Post

Experts may disagree but considering the information about the car reaching from different sources, I would prefer to go for Linea Diesel and if Linea comes out with 1.6 L engine then that would be icing on cake.
Old 10th July 2010, 23:43   #222
Senior - BHPian

Not sure how this would perform,
But if this manages to be a success, except many other top players coming up with this model, sell your most expensive sedan with a 1.4 diesel and rake profit.
All said and done this launch is bringing some spice to the dull headed 10+L segment( but for Cruze)
If this proves to be a success expect many changes.
Old 11th July 2010, 00:30   #223
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xingamazon View Post
many other top players coming up with this model, sell your most expensive sedan with a 1.4 diesel and rake profit.

Please!!! Your concern can be understood if corolla elsewhere in the world is offered with a better spec diesel engine. When we get same engine as the rest of the world, why question TKML commitment? It is not as if other manufacturers would say small engines seems to be a hit, lets also build a 1.3/1.4L engine. Each car will get the engine which was developed/engineered for the car.
Old 11th July 2010, 08:35   #224
Team-BHP Support

My only thought in that direction would be: Even Toyota must have thought about this.
The just cant reduce the displacement just like.

How have they justified this to the rest of the world?
What is the acceptance of this car in the rest of world?

Last edited by ampere : 11th July 2010 at 08:43.
Old 11th July 2010, 08:39   #225
Senior - BHPian

I predict a record 2000+ sales per month for the altis after the Diesel launch.
No other car in this segment can match this one .
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks